Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
5 users online
1 Registered
0 Hidden
4 Guests
Registered Users: CialisBok


Back to Damrosil Logs


(254) DM: ok, let's start. if any of you have AOL on, tell Mike where we are
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(265) Trayn: ((mikes aol name would be?))
(254) Rhian's shade: Three questions have been asked, and three answers have been given. Two now remain, and I await to hear them.
(254) DM: (AlexPetrovich99)
(265) Trayn: ((he said he was coming))
(265) Trayn: ((and here i thought his name was Alex))
(265) Trayn: ((stupid me))
(274) Morti: (What is the average windspeed velocity of an airborn swallow?)
(273) ? (whispering): I wanted to ask how much Kendric would know about these guy's exploits. Just what he would have heard around Wintershivven.
(273) ?: ((hah, it's not a D&D game until somebody starts quoting Monty Python...))
whispering to ?, whose exploits?
** (274) Morti stands quiely to the back, holding Moiraine protectively in his arms, as the others talk **
(273) ? (whispering): The groups, that's what would have caused him to go looking for them to see if he could join them...
(257) Reiner Swiftblade: (back)
whispering to ?, it may be a while before you enter the game, so relax. also, please change the alias to something suitable because the log will be posted.
(273) ? (whispering): Ah sorry, no problem.
(274) Morti: (and I shall gladly be the fool to make that sacrifice!)
whispering to Kendric Duncan, they're not famous although one of their number probably is. Reiner is a barbarian who aspires to be a leader of his people. Can't miss him. =)
(274) Morti: (who's kendric? did I forget somebody since we havne't played in so long?)
(254) DM: (scroll up folks, Rhian's waiting...)
(254) DM: (OC: Kendric is another player, don't worry about it)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade: ( I already asked)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade: "Well ye should ask yer questions and let us let her rest!"
(254) DM: (OC: Morti and Je'rar need to ask. Since Je'rar's player isn't here, one of you shouldl, using what you know already from the questions that you've asked and from the answers that Rhian's shade has given, ask something that you think is important but hasn't been asked yet. Take all the time you need to confer.)
(265) Trayn: ((ive asked mine - get on with it))
whispering to Trayn, it's only been a week...
(265) Trayn (whispering): uh yeah!
(274) Morti: (wasn't here last time, missed a lot of details, so I leave Jer'ar's question to you all... as for Morti...)
whispering to Trayn, wtf are the logs posted then?
** (274) Morti stands quiet, considering what he should ask. Certainly the first thing on his mind was to ask if the powerful Aes Sedai knew any way to help find his family... however... he remained silent **
(274) Morti: (I'll wait for you gusy to ask first)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane (enter): 15:34
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (277) Je'rar Ogrebane...
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: ehehe whoops
(274) Morti: (well there's Jer'ar)
 (254) DM: (OC: starting again...)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: yeah..went t dev2 by accident
(254) Rhian's shade: Three questions have been asked and three answers have been given. Two now remain and I await to hear them.
 (273) Kendric Duncan (whispering): Could always be worse...
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: (posted mine earlier today)
(254) DM: (OC: and what is it? haven't seen the site yet)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: (gotta pull up the site for me to answer that)
(254) DM: ...
(273) Kendric Duncan (whispering): "What do I ,as well as the others, need to do to overcome each of
(265) Trayn: ((ill send him there))
(273) Kendric Duncan (whispering): Woops, sorry hold on. I had my e-mail open let me put it in a node
(254) DM: (OC: folks, we need to talk about this after the game.)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: ::the woodland warrior from the plains looks up at the sky,
 (277) Je'rar Ogrebane: bends to grab a handful of earth,
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: letting it crumble between his fingers,
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: sifting down to the ground as he composes his question,then looks up and asks:
(265) Trayn: (site IM'd to Je'rar)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "What do I,as well as the others,ned to do to overcome each of the obstaclesthat lie in the way of our successfully
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: freeing your sister?I know this will most likely involve having to fight a most likely powerful oponent;therefore I need you to answer
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: as best how to defeat him or it,
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, you can type for as long as you need to without hitting enter, this isn't AOL
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: as this question is included in the above definition of an obstacle"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: (oh.. lol just learned something new :P )
(254) Rhian's shade: Hm, a complex question to a pattern not yet clear for the web of Fate has not yet fully spun.
(274) Morti: (what? the definition of an onstacle?)
(254) Rhian's shade: Many paths lie before you, for as I have said before and I will say again, you have no Destiny but the Destiny you create for yourselves. The future is unclear to me for many things revolve around each of you and others who are not come yet....but I shall try to divine as clear an answer as possible.
(254) Rhian's shade: One path lies before you should you choose to travel with the three merchants who are not merchants of goods to be bought or sold, for they are merchants of souls and spirits. Seek the silver egg for answers to your questions.
(274) Morti: (for some reason that question kind of reminds me of the movie leonard xi. ya know with Carol Kane as the fortune telling gypsy who keeps giving Bill Cosby all those stupid items to help him in his missions...)
(274) Morti: (use the ballet slippers!)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): ahhh..gotcha.. thanks
(274) Morti: (ok.... I'll shut up now)
(254) Rhian's shade: A second path lies before you, should you choose not to travel with these three. In the City of the Citadel, the son of a baron seeks respite from darkness all around him. Seek him out before despair overcomes him. Should you take this path, your way will be made clearer, for your names will be known throughout the Kingdom.
(257) Reiner Swiftblade: ::a look of disgust comes over the face of the Barbarian:: "souls and spirits...slave traders?"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Hmm.. I thank thee,sweet lady"
** (274) Morti looks startled toward Reiner on that declaration. **
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Well Reiner,there we have it; we should go to save the Baron's son,for in so doing not only willl we find answers to our dilemma,but we can also do a great and noble deed"
(254) Rhian's shade: A third path lies before you, should you choose not to call upon these first two strands of Destiny. In the City of Secrets, by the marshy fens of the dead, a queen embittered by her past seeks solace in beauty that has been corrupted by evil's touch. Redeem her spirit if you can, for if you do so, those who walk the shadows will call you heroes and saviors.
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "..."
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: ::tries to think of a way to maybe acomplish two of these feats en route,if inded a path of travel is available::
(254) Rhian's shade: A final path lies before you: In the city known as Griffonsmere, on the coast of the Kingdom, is a mage known as Nbod who was once a powerful conjurer of waters and waves. If speed and flight are your choices, seek the Coral Blade that was Nbod's bane, and you will be within one day's travel of my sister's cage.
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: ((puts on thinking cap,trying to see on map where city of secrets is in relation to the citadel))
(273) Kendric Duncan: ((City of secrets= Highkeep))
(257) Reiner Swiftblade: "Aye...."
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): citadel= whytsun,correct?
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, no, Tolmara.
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "We can hit Tolmara on the way to Highkeep..sound like a pan ?"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: *plan?"
(274) Morti: "Then what about Rhian's sister?"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Betwen the two,we can find out what we need to be able to rescue her"
(254) Rhian's shade: And so it comes to the one on which much depends on. One question remains and I await to hear it, Morti. (sternly)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "or do you intend to go running in there blindly?"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade: ::looks at morti::
** (274) Morti shies back a bit under Jer'ar's questioning and Rhian's waiting. **
(274) Morti: "Um...."
** (274) Morti stutters unsurely, "I was... I was wondering if you.... I mean... do you....?" **
(254) Rhian's shade: Do I, what, Morti?
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Its ok Morti..take a breath and relax"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: ::gives the man a comforting pat on the back::
** (274) Morti falters noticably as he can't quite bring himself to ask about his own family, while something else nags at him. Taking a breath he straightens up to ask, "Isn't there any way we can still save Asflag and Perrin?" **
** (274) Morti hugs Moiraine close as he awaits chastisment for a foolish question **
(254) Rhian's shade: You already know the answer to that, Morti. Ask another question. Ask what your heart desires but what your tongue cannot be brought to name. Ask what you will, for I cannot go to Death until you ask. Ask.
** (274) Morti looks unsurely to the floor, nervous of being selfish with something so important. "I...I..." **
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Morti..?"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "We're all fyour friends here,right?"
(254) Drenla: *snore*
** (274) Morti swallowing deep he croaks out, "Then... is there anyway you know of for me to find my family?" **
(257) Reiner Swiftblade: ((lol))
(274) Morti: (kicks Drenla for interrupting deep emotional scene)
(274) Morti: (hehe)
(254) DM: You sense as if she is relieved.
(254) DM: (OC: he's sleeping actually. =))
(274) Morti: (I know)
** (274) Morti looks explicitly to the floor, quiet and still **
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "You're a good man,Morti..I'm sure things will work out for you in the end"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: :beams a smile att he guy:
(254) Rhian's shade: There is an answer, Morti, but unlike the other paths which I have described, the answer to your deeply held desire lies in taking the path to self-knowledge, self-discovery and belief in yourself. In plain terms, there are three choices you must make:
(254) Rhian's shade: (gentle but firm voice)
(274) Morti: (more choices... yummy)
** (274) Morti tentatively raises his eyes toward Rhian, Jer'ar's words doing little for the boy, who seems almost frozen with some kind of fear. **
(254) Rhian's shade: If you choose to be a mage, you must decide if you choose to take the Test, offered by the Citadel. The Test offers much in return to its takers...provided they survive. And if you do survive, you will find brotherhood and sisterhood like no other, a resource that you will need in order to find your family and yourself.
** (274) Morti gives slight nod of understanding **
(254) Rhian's shade: If you choose to become a wilder, for you are a male and cannot be an Aes Sedai, you must seek out a channeler who shall then unlock your potential. This is the most difficult choice of all, for much of it involves believing in yourself, that you CAN overcome, that you CAN conquer, that you CAN succeed.
(274) Morti: (self-confidence.... he may need work on that one...)
(254) Rhian's shade: If you choose to be none of these, and elect to be a disciple of swords, of speed, of shadows, or of spirit, seek out those who show mastery in these skills, and master them until you cannot master anymore. In the process, you will find that you will overcome your doubts for fear is the demon that holds you back in the dark pits of despair.
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): how do I change my text color,so it doesn't show up the same as Stan's?
(254) Rhian's shade: And finally, in the doing of these, in the weaving of your life's path on the Pattern, in the choices you make that creates your Fate, seek out the court of Ayyers Falconedge, King of Wylund, Duke of the Fendian Plains and Protector of the Realm, First of Solnor and Defender of Justice. Your mother is well known amongst them, and she cannot do you harm. But in facing her, you will need to overcome the fear that lies within yourself, for she has no power over you that you have not given to her already.
** (274) Morti doesn't really understand much of what she says, especially about his mother, but curteously gives a bow, offering honestly, "Thank you, Miss Rhian. I will." **
whispering to Trayn, forgot how to change speech color. Mike's asking.
(265) Trayn (whispering): ok
(274) Morti (whispering): when you say his mother, do you mean Almeena?
whispering to Morti, yep
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): think I found it..
(274) Morti (whispering): oh.. thought you meant his real mother, who is looking for. her he's trying to avoid... actually mother is not a word he'd ever connect with her or somn with him
(274) Morti (whispering): son rather
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Well Morti...it looks like it's not going to be as hard as we thought,hm?"
(254) Rhian's shade: I go now, to meet the arms of Lady Death. Remember that this is the second meeting of three. When I return, you will know I am returned by the Tower I do not name.
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I will never forget you, Rhian"
whispering to Morti, sorry. I mean the one you're trying to avoid. surely you didn't expect Rhian to tell you HOW to find your family? very often, one step leads to another....its a journey like the one in the game. =)
** (274) Morti glances questioningly to Jer'ar then to Rhian, staying quiet again **
(274) Morti (whispering): just scared me for a second their
(254) DM: With that, her spirit dissipates.
(257) Reiner Swiftblade: ::Reiner stands stoicly and awaits the groups decision::
(254) Drenla: *snores*
(274) Morti: "Goodbye Miss Rhian" :he softly offers as she disappears
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): guess I didn't get it rigth after all; I entered a custom color,but it doesn't want to stay
(254) DM: (ok, am going to fast forward if nothing happens on your end)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: (mm I doubt it ; guys?)
(274) Morti: (I'm good. afk for a sec)
(265) Trayn: (nope)
(254) TaliesinNYC: g
(257) Reiner Swiftblade: ((ready to go)
(265) Trayn: (wow - DM's new career as a dentist - that was like pulling teeth)
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, clicjk on Open RPG and then go to settings
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, click on the chat tab
(257) Reiner Swiftblade: "If these guys we are travelling with are slavers, we should part company...I cannot serve them in good conscious"
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, now click on the color you want to change
(265) Trayn: "nor can I"
(265) Trayn: "we part company soon at any rate"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade: "one does not trade in souls in good faith"
(274) Morti: "shouldn't we stop them then?"
(265) Trayn: ((do we have proof of any of this?))
(274) Morti: "Rather than just walking away and ignoring it...?" :his words fade toward the end as his insecurity rises:
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I say we go to Tolmara,and then to Whytsun"
(274) Morti: (No)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade: "If they are slavers, I will alert my clan...they will have to pass through thier land."
(274) Morti: (you mean Highkeep, right?)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: (errr..yeah..meant Highkeep.. DOH! )
(265) Trayn: "I was thinking we would seek out this Nbod if he isnt too uncouth"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade: "Slavers are not tolerated and are severely met by our warriors"
(265) Trayn: "or charter our own ship"
(254) DM: ((No proof, just suspicions so far.))
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Nah.. better to be thought of as heroes by the shadows and also attain fame throughout the lands by helping the baron's son"
(274) Morti: (from Highkeep could we catch a ship down to Griffonsmere to meet Nbod?)
(274) Morti: (seems to be near the shore on the map)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: (I think the genuinely big question is just where exactly on the map Rhian's sister is)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade: "I will confront them when we meet again"
(274) Morti: (don't think its on the map)
(254) DM: ((For example, although you've seen part of their cargo, you haven't inspected the entire caravan due to scruples held by Reiner and others. And then, there's the matter of the silver coffer. You've not observed them as they've done their business at market, either.))
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I agree, my brother..plenty of time to deal with that rabble"
(254) DM: ((Griffonsmere is on the map.))
(257) Reiner Swiftblade: "Let's get out of here and get back to town"
(274) Morti: (I meant the place where Rhian's sister is held)
(254) DM: ((oh that. Yes, the island is not on THIS map. heheh.))
(273) Kendric Duncan: ((it's quite a bit Southwest of Griffonsmere...))
(274) Morti: (I thought we were in town?)
(274) Morti: (ah, thanks Kendric)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "umm...yeah"
(254) DM: (*sigh*...you're in the inn where you've been staying at, since coming to Wintershivven. Rhian teleported you from the dungeon before she died.)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Let's head to town,accompany the caravan part of the way,and then go odd"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: (edit to read: )
(265) Trayn: "yes that was our original plan and it still seems like a solid one"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Let's gather our gear together,travel with the caravn for a ways,and then head off"
(274) Morti: (didn't the caravan leave us here in Wintershivven with plans to return and meet up?)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade: "I am ready to go"
(254) DM: (no, you've accompanied the caravan since starting out from Jeroth's Well...)
(274) Morti: (I'm so confused...)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade: ::looks around for the caravan leaders in the inn::
** (274) Morti quietly follows anything he's told obviously completely without direction. **
(254) DM: ((all right, fast forwarding.))
(257) Reiner Swiftblade: ((good))
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: (YaY)
** (265) Trayn tells the caravan leaders their plans to only go half way at the earliest time **
(254) DM: In the morning, you come to breakfast, although the merchants are nowhere to be found.
whispering to Morti, you and I need to talk after the game
(274) Morti (whispering): did I do bad?
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: (did Trayn tell them this before we slept?)
whispering to Morti, actually everyone with the exception of Jake and David needs to talk to me
whispering to Morti, in a manner of speaking, but it can wait until after the game
(274) Morti (whispering): then whatever it is, the other guys did it
whispering to Morti, not Morti, but Lunauc the player. we'll talk after the game.
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: ::wakes up,gets dressed,gathers up his gear,heads downstairs for breakfast::
(274) Morti (whispering): it's the ooc crap, right. sorry I'll be quiet
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: :sees the merchants are not around,goes to the tavernkeeper:
(254) Corwynn: Ah, there you are. The three merchants left at dawn, but they left a note for you and your companions.
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Excuse me.."
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "May I see it please?"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade: ::reiner is already downstairs waiting for everyone else:: "They are gone Je'Rar"
whispering to Morti, part of it is that, but it can wait until afterwards.
** (274) Morti , once more carrying moiraine moves to find a table and order **
** (254) Corwynn hands the note to Je'rar. **
(257) Reiner Swiftblade: ((jeff corwynn?))
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Thank-you"
(254) Corwynn: Oh, and there's this gentleman who wishes to speak with you. (indicates Kendric)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: :heads back to the others,but pauses at that
(254) DM: ((Corwynn is the innkeeper.))
(265) Trayn: "hmm guess we dawdled too much"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade: ::looks the guy over::
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Yes?" ::looks the man over questioningly::
whispering to Kendric Duncan, your cue
(274) Morti: (Jeff Corwynn's an inn keeper now?)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: :senses motive as we speak:
(274) Morti: (:slaps hand over his mouth:)
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, you and I need to talk after the game. so don't plan on jetting unless you need to.
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: :to Corwynn" Is he a m ute?"
(254) DM: ((he may be afk))
(254) Corwynn: Not that I'm aware of.
(273) Kendric Duncan: ((sorry about that guys))
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: (ah..ok then..)
(273) Kendric Duncan: ((was afk))
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: (lol look who's back ;) )
(254) DM: (send your description to the window when you get a chance.)
(273) Kendric Duncan: Question: Before you stands a human of average height. He has dark brown hair pulled back into a ponytail underneath a wide brimmed, brown hat. His eyes are grey and are always bright. His face has the look of one who smiles more than frowns. At his side is a short sword, on his back a shortbow. He has a cape that flutters slightly in the breeze. He has a suite of Leather armor on, and strapped to his left arm a very well made buckler. As you look him up and down you realize that he has already finished his inspection of you and smiles as you meet his gaze....
** (273) Kendric Duncan takes hat off "Greetings gentlemen. I am Kendric Duncan. I have heard something of you, clearing out a wizard's tower or somesuch, and I was wondering if you needed another travelling companion on your adventures..." **
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: "What skills do you offer?"
(265) Trayn: "and whats your moral code?"
(274) Morti: :: feeling he should offer something: "Can you cook?"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane: *starts laughing..."That's the spirit Morti...thinking with your belly.. I love it"
(274) Morti: :-\
(273) Kendric Duncan: "Well, there is a good question you see. Because it's what skills don't I offer. I am skilled with blade and bow, I have a knack for moving quietly and without being seen. And... " He pauses. "Well, let's be blunt. I can disarm traps and open locks of all kinds."
** (265) Trayn examines this man for cowardness and strength of character **
(274) Morti: :enchanted scarf gives an awkward grin to Jer'ar:
(274) Morti: :blinks and asks again: "Can you cook?"
(273) Kendric Duncan: "You may think me a thief." (looks at Trayn) "However, I can say with complete honesty that i have never stolen in my life." Then looks to Morti...." Hmm, well I can't really uh...I mean I suppose If I had to I could cook something but I'm no chef..."
(265) Trayn: "well... normally I wouldnt say those things are that which we desire"
(285) Blackd0g (enter): 16:50
** (274) Morti gives a groan in response and takes a seat, looking around for the waitress. **
(265) Trayn:
"but in fact I fear it is... for where we go we may run into traps and locked places a plenty"
(254) Alexia:
What'll it be, luv? (walks up to Morti)
(265) Trayn:
"if you pledge to not run away in the face of adversity and act honorably.."
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Well it is a pleasure to make your aquaintance...at least you are an honest rogue" ::gives out a good laugh::"Is there such a thing as an honest rogue?"
(265) Trayn:
"I'd be willing to allow you to accompany us"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::eyes Alexia::
(274) Morti:
:-) "Can I get some eggs, sausage, cinamon apples and a mug of cider?"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Indeed there is my good sir, you are looking at him." Smiles "Shall we sit and discuss the matter further I haven't heard all of your names yet...."
(285)
Blackd0g (exit): 16:52
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Yes,let's..over breakfast"
(254) Alexia:
Coming right up, luv,
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
::waits for Alexia to take his order::
** (254) Alexia takes the rest of your orders. **
(274) Morti:
"Thank you, ma'am"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
(is she attractive?)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
*gives her a gentle pat on the butt as she does*
** (273) Kendric Duncan sits and orders some breakfast **
(254) DM:
(no)
(254) DM:
(but she is a zaftig)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
*flashes a 'let's get laid' smile
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
(lol)
(273) Kendric Duncan:
(LOL)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
*um..strike that last comment
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
rotfl
** (274) Morti , noticing Jer'ar's ass slapping. "Why'd you do that?" **
** (254) Alexia grins back, showing a mouth full of perfect yellowed teeth **
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
::gives a sheepish grin by way of answer::
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Yes Je'rar why did you?"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"I've got to hear this one"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
(As she walks away) "A fine catch no doubt..." smiles.
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Umm..because I could?" breaks into a great big belly-laugh::
** (274) Morti seems a bit confused by the answer as he takes a second to think it over. **
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Ah, my friend....don't know if that was such a good idea! " LOL
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
::whispering to the group:: "Bring her with us..she can scare the orcs away"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
::starts laughing even louder::
(274) Morti:
"Huh?" :doesn't get the joke:
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
*digs into his meal as it is served*
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((Just on a side note Kendric speaks with a very slight Irish accent that has been worn down slightly, I just can't type it the way it would sound...))
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"So then, who do I have the pleasure of sharing breakfast with..." Looks around the table
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Oh?...but I thought that she peaked your interest Je'rar...perhaps you would care to have a quick tussle with her this morn..." ::laughs at that comment::
** (254) Alexia walks back presently and serves you. Leaving, she ruffles Je'rar's hair. **
** (274) Morti looks ponderously to Alexia as she serves them, then to Jer'ar, then to the cieling as he thinks for a moment. Giving a shrug, he gives a quick swat to her behind. **
(254) Alexia:
Oooo.
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
(ahahaha omg I realy wish open had voice ability so you can hear just how hard I'm fkn laughing over here)
** (254) Alexia returns to the bar and proceeds to make sweet eyes at Je'rar during the rest of your meal. **
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Je'rar, ye must keep in mind that the lad is ...shall we say...impressionalble...perhaps that is not the right impression we want to give him"
** (274) Morti casually begins to eat, sharing his meal with moiraine **
(265) Trayn:
"well we are free of any obligations... we can proceed directly to our task.. something we should commence doing after this meal"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Well I will be first... I am Reiner of the Swiftblade clan. I am a loyal servant of the War Father"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
:smiles back at the lass:
** (254) Alexia sighs contentedly. **
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Reiner, well met."
** (274) Morti Swallows a mouthful and glances up to Kendric, croaking out in his usual manner, "O'm Morti. This is Moiraine", indicating the cat on the table in front of him **
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"And I am Je'rar Ogrebane, a member of the free-fol of the plains; I too strive to folow in the Warfather's teachings,though I'm no holy man,unlike Reiner here"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
*free-folk
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"At this time I am a blade for hire and am council to warriors of good."
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"on the ways of the War Father"
(265) Trayn:
"I am Trayn of Solnor... his faithful servant"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Morti." He nods then looks at the cat..." Hmm, interesting." (then to Je'rar) "Well met."
(254) Moiraine:
Mrrr.
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Ah, a priest... you keep the rest of them in line then I would guess." He smiles
(286)
Blackd0g (enter): 17:03
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((Put "of Solnor" in there))
(274) Morti:
:blurts out about trayn: "Most he just complains a lot"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
*snorts at that*
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::snickers at that comment::
** (273) Kendric Duncan laughs **
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
*nods in agreement with Morti*
(274) Morti:
:quickly shuts up and averts his eyes from the priest
(265) Trayn:
"Yes I try... though sometimes I fail"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"This is morti...and morraine. Morti is quite shy be he is our brother"
(286)
Blackd0g (exit): 17:04
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
but
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Ah." He looks at Morti once more... " Morti, you don't happen to be (he looks around to make sure no one is listening) a practicioner of magic do you?"
** (274) Morti glances curiously to Reiner **
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Kendric, if you have a problem with Morti,then you have no business with us"
(274) Morti:
:scratching his head: "I don't really know much about practicing it. Still have to learn"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"No no, in my homeland of Gwythnecht mages of all kinds are welcomed with open arms. It is just that in this country, they are less... hmm "appreciated"."
(274) Morti:
"Yeah... I know" :looks to Mo:
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::looks around the inn to see if we are being watched::
(274) Morti:
(moiraine that is)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Morti here is just an dadventurer,and friend"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
*an adventurer
(254) DM:
(no.)
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Ah, well good to meet you all."
(274) Morti:
(it isn't moiraine?)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Ah then we should make haste...it is very cold ou there and we must get off to Torindel "
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering):
a tree node?
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
out
(254) DM:
(no, you're not being watched.)
(274) Morti:
(OOOHHHH)
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"As I said, I am Kendric Duncan. You can all call me Ken if you like, rolls off the tounge. I will help in anway I can, though I would like to know where we are headed..."
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"We can talk along the way"
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, check the top of the game tree. look for the box marked letter and click on it
(274) Morti:
"Torindel, Ken."
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Tolrindel for now"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Ah, all right then. Hmm, where's Je'rar's new friend so we can pay for breakfast." He smiles
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, if you want to send the text of the node to the window, hit "Send"
(265) Trayn:
"yes and to an island eventually"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"We must leave soon...the road is very dangerous after dark"
(274) Morti:
"Hai hai"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"We have to cross the plains"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Ah yes..the plains..home sweet home"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
*grins*
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::Reiner starrs to gather his gear::
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::starts to walk to the door of the inn::
(254) Corwynn:
Mmm. I take it you don't want your gift?
** (273) Kendric Duncan goes to the innkeeper to pay for breakfast and thank him for getting him with the group **
(254) Corwynn:
(to Reiner)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"What is that Corwynn?"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"and from whom?"
(254) Corwynn:
The three fur-clad gentlemen said that I was to offer you a gift when you departed, after showing me a letter.
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Oh yes.. guys.. hold up"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Wait Corwynn..."
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
:holds the note aloft and reads it aloud:
** (274) Morti waits on Jer'ar's command. **
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, don't have to type it
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
*to the party of to one side
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
*off to one side
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering):
well then how do we know what it reads?
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, I can see you and Alfred are going to need a lot of hand holding
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering):
(DM hasn't said yet)
(254) TaliesinNYC:
Letter: A change of plan has come upon us unexpectedly.

We have decided to part company, not because you were incompetent -- far be it so -- but because we have decided to pursue an alternate routes, through the southern wilds of Wylund, to Cyrdd. That is not the route we agreed upon, so here is your compensation, attached to this scroll. Merely present it to the innkeep when you are ready to leave.

We apologize for this short notice, and wish you godspeed and safe travels on your journeys wheresoever your will takes you.

Xavick
Tarth
Shagath

PS. If you ever do come to Griffonsmere, you may contact Xavick at The Singing Moonbrace (an inn in the docks quarter).

(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Hmm.. ok"
(273) Kendric Duncan (whispering):
I have no idea who Xavick, Tarth and Shagath are right?
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"hmm...."
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, next time, if you want to send text from a node to the main window, click on the node and hit the "send" button if there is one
** (274) Morti gives a smile of his scarf. "They said wasn't incompotent" **
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
:goes to Corwynn,and awaits the 'gift' ::
whispering to Kendric Duncan, right
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"So who are these three fellows then?"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering):
what's the definiton of a node?
(254) Corwynn:
Ah, here. (bends down from behind a desk and holds a sack that jingles as he moves)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"we were hired to protect them."
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"sounds like you were guiding them somewhere."
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, a node is what I sent you...
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Thank-you"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Well here are a few more in our pockets"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering):
Oh.. I see it now; ok.. now I know.. thanks
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"What is the count J'rar?"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering):
lmao gee,thanks for rubbing it in :P
(265) Trayn:
"very honorable fo them.."
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
:opens it up and examines the contents:
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, what you need to do is log onto Open and learn to use it. ask David or I to teach it to you. you need to learn the interface because honestly, its slowing the game down. and we haven't even done combat yet.
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Might not want to do that right here..." (looks around the room)
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, not me =P that's what it's called "the idiot's guide" sort of like the "dummy handbooks"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"do ya think anyone would challenge me?" (Reiner is 315, 6'6")
(254) DM:
A small pile of reddish gold greets your eyes.
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Hmm, good point. Nevermind." smiles
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
(and carries a rather big sword)
(274) Morti:
(pulls our a stick with dog pooh on it and threatens Reiner)
(254) DM:
Do you touch the gold?
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Trayn?"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
(you also notice that there in not an ounce of fat on his body...and you also notice that he looks as though he has seen many a good battled)
(274) Morti:
(rethinks...)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
battle
(274) Morti:
(pulls out a second pooh stick)
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, next time, post a description of Reiner to the window when encountering a new player.
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"I distrust these guys still.. do you have anything for in case I get poisoned or contract some kind of a disease?"
(274) Morti:
"From the money?"
(254) Corwynn:
Here, I'll take those. (forcibly yanks the sticks from Morti, muttering "not in my inn")
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Sound like interesting fellows..."
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"It looks strange...set it out on the table"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Aye"
(274) Morti:
(sorry... no more ooc)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
::carefully lets the coins spill onto the corner table::
(274) Morti:
"hmmm...?"
whispering to Morti, see? I didn't know that was ooc. ooc is fine, but it gets to be annoying at times.
(274) Morti (whispering):
hahaha... right sorry....
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Cursed coins, hmm that would be a good way to catch thieves...." Ponders this for a few moments.
(254) DM:
The coins seem to give a reddish tint when they spill out onto the table. Together it seems as if a pool of blood is forming on the table.
(265) Trayn:
"what the heck... those are very strange"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"some gift..."
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Like I said.. I distrust these guys still"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((I take it blood red coins aren't common...))
(254) Corwynn:
Hm. If you don't want those coins, I'll be happy to take them off your hands.
** (274) Morti stands beside his comrades xcurious what they mena and wondering why they suspect something of the coins until they fall from the bag. Remembering his studying he focuses his miind toward th coin, searching for some sfeelong. (detect magic) **
whispering to Kendric Duncan, no, they're not. heheh
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Reiner,my brother.. I'm starting to look forward to meeting our 'friends' again"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Do ye know what they are?"
whispering to Morti, yes, they're magical.
whispering to Morti, enchantment charm
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
(to corwynn)
(274) Morti:
"Wow... they feel... weird..."
(254) Corwynn:
I just see a pile o' coins there, that's all. Gold in fact.
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Hmm, that's an interesting color for coins wouldn't you say... bit disturbing actually."
(254) Corwynn:
Ah? Seems normal to me.
(254) Corwynn:
But I'm not over there to look.
(274) Morti:
"There's magick on em"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"really? Not blood red?"
(254) Corwynn:
Well, now that you say it, yes it does.
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((woops, forget that I said that I thought he was standing over here))
(265) Trayn:
"very... is it local coinage we arent familiar with?
(254) Corwynn:
Look, I'm just an honest person trying to make a living. Take yer coins and be gone with ye. Don't need no magick here.
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Do not touch them...slide them backinto the bag with that wood fork"
(274) Morti:
arcane knowledge roll to find out what they are: [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::pulls out a sliver piece and hands it to Corwynn:: "have yourself a good day my friend"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Hmm, It could be an illusion of somekind. I've seen some pretty complex ones, it shouldn't be to hard to make coins seem red."
(274) Morti:
(oops... do you roll that stan?)
** (254) Corwynn watches you nervously and the door at the same time. This here's an inn, don't need guests comin' here and being magicked, hear me? Be off with ye. **
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Corwynn.. I dislike that too.. worry not, I shall bring you no harm"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Ah, well it seems we should be leaving. Does everyone have everything they need, and is everyone here?"
whispering to Morti, red gold. an item reputed of Kernish origin that snares people in wanting more red gold. very dangerous with the right victims.
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Aye.. we need to be of anyway"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
*off
** (274) Morti goes wide eyed. "Ooo, ooo, ooo!" horshack impression, "I know this one!" **
(254) Corwynn:
I don't want yer money. Might be tainted. I just want ye out of my sight. (His mood has soured noticeably, gone is his cheerful disposition.)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
3
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
.
(254) Corwynn:
And don't ye come back!
(274) Morti:
"Kernish red gold. It's enchanted to make people who touch it desperatel want more"
whispering to Morti, the gold itself is not dangerous, the spell that's been cast on it is.
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Corwynn..this so-called money is meant as a threat to us; the three guys who gave it are most decidedly of evil intent; watch your back if ever you see them again"
(274) Morti:
"(if we get rid of the spell it's safe"
** (254) Corwynn ignores you, glares at everyone, especially Je'rar. **
(265) Trayn:
"darn them...and all I said about em"
** (274) Morti smiles proud with himself. **
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Let's leave here"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Sounds like your "friends" weren't very friendly."
(254) Corwynn:
Alexia, call the guards.
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::Reiner steps out of the inn::
(274) Morti (whispering):
do I know the extents of the triggering of the spell? what wmakes what people fall for it?
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"No need Corwynn.. we have to leave anyway"
(254) Corwynn:
Where is that no good bar wench? (stomps off ranting)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
::heads out the door::
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Uh... now now Corwynn. No need for that we are leaving right now." (diplomacy roll to calm him down if need be)
** (274) Morti hurries to grab his things ands out after the others **
whispering to Morti, nope, never heard of the spell, just heard of the item
** (273) Kendric Duncan heads out of hte inn after the rest of the group. **
whispering to Kendric Duncan, ok
(273) Kendric Duncan:
Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [8,11] = (19)
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((woops that wasn't supposed to do that bah))
(274) Morti (whispering):
do I have an idea of how hard it would be to get the curse off?
(273) Kendric Duncan (whispering):
Sorry meant to whisper that
(254) DM:
heh. (ok, fast forwarding again. road to Tolrindel, check?)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Time to beat feet boys"
whispering to Morti, no.
(274) Morti:
(check)
(274) Morti (whispering):
gotcha
whispering to Morti, somewhat difficult as its probably higher than your current level
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((I'm just here for the ride :) ))
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
Intimidate Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [17,9] = (26)
** (265) Trayn apologizes for this scene **
(254) TaliesinNYC:
Shrine: While traveling along a deserted road among the wilds of Wylund, you happen upon a small white shrine. Those who know the area can tell you that the shrine was built about ten years ago by the conjurer Talus of Orange in rememberance of his friend, Lord Barcus, who died defending these wilds from the orcs and goblins who once infested this region. It is a peaceful spot and offers an excellent place to camp for the night.
(254) DM:
(this is that evening btw)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
::sets about making the camp-site as safe and secure as he can::
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Ah, after a day of hiking a nice rest feels so good."
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"I will get us some food, Ken come with me..Morti do you think you can build us a fire?"
** (274) Morti curiously inspects the shrine "sure reiner" **
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Sure." Grabs bow and follows Reiner.
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
(is it still snowing?)
(254) DM:
(lightly)
** (265) Trayn helps with camp **
(254) TaliesinNYC:
Inscription 1: Built by Talus of Orange, Conjurer,
Captain of the Legion of Skies, in memory of his friend Lord Barcus,
who fell defending this land from the darken hordes.

The day was won, but the cost was great.

Drink and be refreshed. Give and be rewarded.

(254) DM:
The shrine itself consists of a well (with a winch and a bucket). The well is inscribed with a series of glyphs, most of which are in Common and some, which are not.
(254) DM:
The well itself is made of the same material as the one in Jeroth's Well.
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
:reiner and ken return with two hares and some truffles::
** (274) Morti heads shallowly into the woods to gather dry wood for a fire (can I use a prestidigtation to dry some if I can't find any?) planning to ask Trayn about the shrine later **
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
::built some shelter as they went off::
(254) DM:
(ok)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"This is a nice well" ::looks at writings::
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"So, this is an interesting shrine...." (reads the inscription) "Hmm, I wonder what that means "give and be rewarded"
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, the glyphs are in star elven
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::Reiner reads the glyphs::
** (274) Morti sets up a pit of we logs as the hunters return, passing a hand over it as he focuses, drying the water from them, and with a snap a spark ignites the fire **
(273) Kendric Duncan:
(looks to Morti) "Beats flint and steel" (smiles)
** (265) Trayn is pleased with the reverence of the sacrifice **
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
::takes out a piece of silver,drops oit in,thinking it might be a wishing well::
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
Many a traveller will often tell
** (274) Morti gives a smile, pulling Moiraine into his lap to enjoy the warmth **
(254) DM:
You hear a loud splash, and then...
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, you don't have to type it
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((I hate and then...s))
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, just click on the node and hit the "send" button
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
Inscription 2: Many a traveller will often tell
Of the luck they found at the wishing well.
A coin over your shoulder is all you need.
To your left, to your right, pay no heed.
The point is to give, for the gift is the key,
And luck will find you whereever you may be.
But a warning for all who might think to take:
Resist! Do not! For much is at stake!
To steal from the well is a quick road to wealth
That few survive to enjoy in good health.

(274) Morti:
(and then....)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] -> [63] = (63)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] -> [79] = (79)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Do not take any gold from the well."
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Wow..."
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::reiner follows the instructions and casts a gold piece into the well::
(254) DM:
There is a gentle male voice from the skies above as Je'rar is bathed briefly in light, which quickly fades.
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"There was something you don't see everyday..."
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, heheh don't worry about it.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] -> [17] = (17)
(274) Morti:
:seeing Reiner's "blessing": "Wow..."
(254) DM:
Nothing seems to happen.
(273) Kendric Duncan:
(shrugs) A coin over your shoulder
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] -> [10] = (10)
** (274) Morti heads over to the well **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] -> [21] = (21)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
:sees reiner,takes a gold piece,and tosses it over his shoulder:
whispering to Kendric Duncan, your main weapon turns to pure silver
** (274) Morti watches his friends curiously. **
(254) DM:
Nothing happens.
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"uhmm..."
** (273) Kendric Duncan takes out shortsword... **
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Allright, dinner will be ready in a while" ::sets the rabbits to cook over the fire::
(274) Morti:
"I wonder what would happen if you threw in one of the enchanted coins?"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Look at this..." Points to the sword. "is it silver or am I halucinating..."
** (274) Morti looks at the shortsword **
(265) Trayn:
"would tha be a proper gift?"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"I mean it wasn't silver before..." scratches head...
(274) Morti:
"Can I try?"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Hmm, it was you guys doing the coin throwing... alll I did was say "A coin over your shoulder"..."
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"A Coin over your shoulder?"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"How odd"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"i'm a bit confused... I think I'll give some silver to the well though it could be a sign..."
** (273) Kendric Duncan tosses 5 silver into the well **
(254) DM:
Nothing, besides splashes, happens.
(274) Morti:
"Why no light show?"
(265) Trayn:
"well I hope you are having fun"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::reiner continues to cook...the smell fills the air::
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Hmm, so uhmm. (looks around) Thank you... I think. How much use is a solid silver weapon anyway, I'm no dwarf I don't really know. Wouldn't it break?"
(274) Morti:
"It's more expensive I think..."
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"for werewolves"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"wererats"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"could be useful"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
*checks his gear*
(254) DM:
(fast forwarding if nothing happens.)
(274) Morti:
"hmmm..."
(254) DM:
(normal)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
*takes 1st watch
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Hmm, I don't know is it greedy to keep the thing? The inscription was warning about that... I don't know magic is confusing sometimes. (puts sword away and goes to eat.)"
(254) DM:
(any watches throughout the night besides Je'rar?)
(265) Trayn:
(takes a watch)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::reiner takes a watch:
** (274) Morti takes out a coin and turns to throw it over his shoulder, but reconsider, leans forward to look into the well and reaches back around his head to drop the coin into the abyss over the front of his shoulder **
(265) Trayn:
2nd
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
third
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, will save
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((i'll take the last watch))
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((whenever that ends up being))
(274) Morti:
(I'll take...)
(254) DM:
ok
(274) Morti:
(... a nap)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
Will save: [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
(254) DM:
As evening commences, the wind for some reason, seems colder than before.
(254) DM:
All is fine, until towards the break of dawn, you (Kendric) see Reiner sink to the ground, clutching his head, moaning.
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"ARRGG!!!"
** (273) Kendric Duncan rushes to Reiner... "Reiner? Wake up are you all right?" **
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((woops, that doesn't make much sense))
(254) DM:
(each square on the map above = 5')
(254) DM:
(David and Jake, help them load minis)
** (274) Morti suddenly awakens upon hearing the scream **
(273) Kendric Duncan:
(we need minis?)
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((allright, who needs a hand?))
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
(me)
(254) DM:
(no, but it might be useful to introduce Alfred and Mike to simple combat before you get something more complex. =))
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((ok, do you have a miniature allready or do you need one ?))
(254) DM:
(the round white thing is the well)
(254) DM:
(not to scale of course)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
(no)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
(need one)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
(knows how to load a mini in webrpg..but nt in open)
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((allrighty, there's an image archive of them so you can find one you like then I'll show you how load it))
(273) Kendric Duncan:
Link
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((for the image archive, find one that fits for your char.))
(265) Trayn:
list description of mini needed and ill get one
(254) DM:
(for the purposes of this combat, Reiner's player doesn't need a mini, but load one up anyway so Alfred knows how to do it)
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, the reason why you don't need one is because you're possessed by a spirit who died at the well
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, images flash in your mind of the spirit (as him) when he was alive, although in your body, looting the well and then dying on a rusty sword as he fled the well in the night, not seeing where he was going.
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((well, once you find a mini you like. Take the web address of it (on the image archive you have to click on the mini then there'll be a link next to the picture you can use) copy that and past it into the web address box that is right underneath the map. Hit add miniature and should be all set. Then you click on the mini and then the square you want to move it to...))
(265) Trayn:
anyone else need one?
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, you failed a possession check (the will save), the rest is history. the party has an interesting dilemma -- do they drive off the spirit or put it to rest? heh
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
hold on
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((oh sorry right click on it hit properties and you can rename it. ))
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((and once you have it on the map the way you want you can right click on it hit "Send to Game Tree" then it'll be saved there and you can right click on it in the game tree and hit "send to map" ))
(265) Trayn:
i should just send peeps my node i have
(265) Trayn:
hey i see new minis
(265) Trayn:
good job
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
wtf
(265) Trayn:
in upper left hand corner
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
ok..how do I rename it?
(265) Trayn:
(right click and rename after going properties)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
I'll pick something else some other time I'm sure,but this is good enough for now
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
?
(265) Trayn:
(make sure you are 1) a player (which you are) and 2) Miniatures tab is selected
(254) DM:
(everyone, position yourselves except for Alfred)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
only the GM can do it,apparently
(265) Trayn:
(mini tab not on you cant "touch " the mini's
(265) Trayn:
i just did in 2 secs
(265) Trayn:
::bows::
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
(ok got a couple...olet's continue)
(265) Trayn:
: )
(254) DM:
Initiative.
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
let's
(273) Kendric Duncan:

Initiative:
Initiative [1d20+4] -> [20,4] = (24)

(273) Kendric Duncan:
((don't get much better than that))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [19] = (19)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering):
so what do I do?
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
(damn..had to bang it hard for it to work, but anyway..lol)
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, don't do anything. I'm running you.
(274) Morti:
[1d20+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, your turn will come
(257) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering):
ok...
(254) DM:
anyone else?
(265) Trayn:
init [1d20+2] -> [9,2] = (11)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
[1d20] -> [13] = (13)
(265) Trayn:
(make that a 10)
(254) DM:
(24, Kendric)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
20
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((what exactaly is happening?))
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((I ran over when he screamed.... then that's where we are now right?))
(254) DM:
You see Reiner stand up, glare at everyone, and bend over, looking for something.
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Reiner are you all right?" (spend my turn looking at him to see what's wrong)
(265) Trayn:
"what in the lower hells is wrong now?
** (254) "Reiner" says nothing, so intent on his task is he that he ignores you completely. **
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
:grabs sword and mace,scouts the immediate area::
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Uh... he's not normally like this I take it?"
(265) Trayn:
"no..."
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, how far? and if you're doing this, move your mini the number of squares you're scouting
** (274) Morti sits up, looking at Reiner, "Is he sleep walking?" **
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, You run into a handful of coins in the grass, that you didn't see before.
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, scattered all over the place.
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Hmm.."
(274) Morti:
"Should we wake him?'
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
:stoops over,scoops them withhis sword onto his shield::
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
:ejoins the others:
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
*rejoins
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
*calls Trayn nover
** (265) Trayn comes over looking... **
(254) "Reiner":
(10, Trayn)
(265) Trayn:
"he's crazed cursed or sick..."
** (265) Trayn examins him **
(265) Trayn (whispering):
heal [1d20+9] -> [2,9] = (11)
(265) Trayn (whispering):
crud
(254) DM:
His eyes are distant as if he's intently searching for something. Reiner ignores you all, as he pores the ground for something, moaning all the time.
(254) DM:
No effect.
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Trayn,Morti..come look at these..maybe this has something to do with it?"
(254) DM:
(5, Morti)
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"He didn't touch any of those bloody cursed coins did he?"
** (274) Morti stands and heads over to Jer'ar watching Reiner curiously all along **
(257) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering):
"Possessor, what do you search for?"
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, can't talk
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Don't touch" :shows him the coins on his shield:
(274) Morti:
"They the coins from the bag?"
(265) Trayn:
"maybe he did... foolish of him"
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, and you already know what he's searching for
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"I found them scattered all over the ground; whether or not they are the same, I cannot say"
(254) DM:
(24, Kendrick)
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"He's wandering away... shouldn't we stop him?"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Reiner..I found them ..here they are"
(274) Morti:
"Uh.. yeah... but where's he going?"
(254) DM:
(skipping Kendrick. 20, Je'rar)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"To his death if we don't shelp him; remember what the well said?"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
shows reiner the coins on the shield
(265) Trayn:
"yeah grab him.."
(274) Morti:
"what about the well?"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering):
you are the only one who can see this?
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Reiner! Look!"
(254) DM:
The cleric looks at Je'rar with a blank look, then scoops up several coins and drops them into the well, turning once again to do it again.
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, huh?
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, take over your character now, but remember he's possessed and cannot act as you would.
(257) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering):
when whispering?
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, we both can
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"uh...what should we do?"
** (274) Morti cautiously follws over to the well **
(257) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering):
excellent!
(265) Trayn:
"he needs to make amends... and return the coins to the well"
(254) DM:
The interior is dark, as you would expect it to, and you can hear the sound of water moving gently inside.
(265) Trayn:
"us doing it for him is not the right thing"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Yeah..I guess.."
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Hmm, let him be then?"
** (274) Morti stares down into the well **
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
:prays to the Warfather to help this loyal follower:
whispering to Trayn, Alfred may be computer savvy but that doesn't mean he's intelligent. =P
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
::shrugs,having no idea what to do)
(265) Trayn (whispering):
ha
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
*to do::
(265) Trayn:
"no grab him and get his sorry behind here"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering):
I'm screwed..LOL when do I get another chance to end the posession?
(274) Morti:
"What about the pouch the merchants left for us?"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
*goes to Muckle Reiner
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, next round
(254) DM:
(proceed in order of initiative, if you're doing something)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
(I did..went to muckle him)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering):
so I'm just picking up coins?
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, yes
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
*Grab*
(257) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering):
LOL
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"I'll grab an arm to try keep him still.." (moves and tries to keep Reiner still
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"For your own good brother..stay still"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering):
I get to attack?
(274) Morti:
(muckle...?)
(273) Kendric Duncan:
(( I was going to ask what the heck that meant...))
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
(nonne of you guys ever played that? gez
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
*sheesh)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering):
so whe he grabs me, I can throw him?
(274) Morti:
0.o
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, yes, of course.
(265) Trayn:
"put the coins in his hand and then dump them back where they should be"
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, you do whatever it is the haunt wants to do unless you are attacked in which case you attack whomever attacked you
** (265) Trayn directs traffic... **
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"ok...."
(257) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering):
shit I do not want to waste my +12 attack on him.....can I do a defensive move to get away?
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, you get a chance to break this next round
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, do whatever you want man, it's your character
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::Reiner draws sword with a glaze in his eyes::
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Ack!"
** (274) Morti takes an audible gulp **
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::it looks as though it is more a defensive posture::
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, just remember that whatever you do in the window, if you're moving, you need to move your mini
(273) Kendric Duncan:
" well, I don't know but he doesn't like this idea very much."
(274) Morti:
"Maybe you should drop the coins and step back
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
Intimidate Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [14,9] = (23)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::starts to look VERY menacing::
(254) DM:
(10, Trayn)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering):
do they have to roll against it? LOL
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, yes
(265) Trayn:
"stop that nonsense" he barks back
(254) DM:
(need to roll Charisma vs. his intimidation check)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
*sees that,tries to disarm him
(274) Morti:
char: [1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14)
(265) Trayn:
((im supposed to have a 18 chr?))
(254) DM:
(Actually, Je'rar you went already.)
(265) Trayn:
[1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
(254) DM:
(5, Morti. Yes, David but the check isn't directed at you)
whispering to Morti, you decide that it would be better to let Reiner do whatever he wants
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"YE MUST KLEAVE ME TO MY TASK OR YOU SHALL DIE!"
(274) Morti:
"Just leave him be"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
leave
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"What's the task?"
(254) Drenla:
*snores*
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Perhaps I can help...."
(274) Morti:
(oh, he's still with us?)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::no answer::
(254) Drenla:
Huh, whuzza? Oh. *snore*
** (254) Drenla rolls over and snores some more. **
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((heavy sleeper....))
(254) Drenla:
(24, Kendrick)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
:tries to make Reiner see some of the coins:
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::foam starts to drip out of the corner of his mouth::
** (273) Kendric Duncan backs away from Reiner.... **
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, dude I know you're eager, but you gotta wait your turn, k?
(254) DM:
(20, Je'rar)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
Intimidate Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [20,9] = (29)
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, dude, not your turn yet, relax
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"ALL YE LET ME BE!"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Reiner..I found more coins..see?"
(265) Trayn:
"Ok... then do it...." he looks to the other "lets just follow him"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering):
sorry jumped the gun
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, now, make a will save
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
Will save: [1d20+5] -> [13,5] = (18)
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, your init is 19, has been for a while
(254) DM:
Suddenly, with an anguished moan, the cleric stops in mid-shake and collapses to the ground.
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
::tends to him as best I can::
(274) Morti:
(so glad we saved his lazy ass)
(265) Trayn:
"the price of dishonorable actions.... I trust you all see this?" begins his lecture
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Huh, what in the WORLD is going on?"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Get off it Trayn"
(274) Morti:
"What dishonorable action?"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"did he take gold out of the well?"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Morti,that'd be anything and everything that Trayn here doesn't agree with
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"
(274) Morti:
"He wouldn't do that"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"regardless whatever happend shouldn't you do something to help him?"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering):
am I awake now?
(274) Morti:
"Must have been that light..."
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, one more round
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, the spirit is gone btw
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, as far as you know
(274) Morti:
"Drenla might know something about it"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Nah...Trayn would rather preach than be useful it seems"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
:gives the so-caled priest an unhappy look::
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, ok, now
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
::passes time until Reiner recovers::
(265) Trayn:
"well at least i dont steal others coins"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"What happened?" ::waking up:: "I was attacked by some spirit...next thing I know I'm here on the ground"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"uh, we were going to ask you."
(274) Morti:
"Reiner!" :happy to see him awake: "You went crazy throwing coins in the well"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"I think that it posessed me"
(274) Morti:
"hmmm...."
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Hmm, mabey a spirit that had stolen from the well?" "Trying to redeem itself by taking over other people's bodies and putting gold into the well? Bit far fetched though..."
(274) Morti:
"Maybe because you didn't throw the coin over your shoulder"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Actually, that may very well be the answer"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Perhaps that is the punishment"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Hmm, it could be. Some kind of soul binding mabey?"
(274) Morti:
"Seems kind of strict though..."
(274) Morti:
"Whatever.... you're fine... I'm going back to bed"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"I don't know much about that sort of thing though, mabey you should ask your sleeping friend there." (points ot Drenla) "He looks like he's some kind of wizard..."
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"I am no longer comfortable here"
** (274) Morti heads back to his bed roll **
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Drenla, wake up"
(274) Morti:
(btw... did drenla ever check the coins?)
(273) Kendric Duncan:
(he was napping I think, I guess being dead takes a lot out of you...))
(254) DM:
(no, because no one thought to show it to him. part of that is my fault, but he's definitely with you.)
(254) Drenla:
Huh? Huzzah?
(274) Morti:
(hai hai)
(254) Drenla:
*cough* What happened?
(274) Morti:
(afk)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Drenla, I have jsut been posessed...." ::tells him all he knows::
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
just
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
[1d6] -> [1] = (1)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"I was posessed by a spirit seeking to put coins in this well" ::explains the story again:
(254) Drenla:
hm, sounds like a haunt if you ask me. Nasty creature. But if it fled your body, you're probably not in any danger from THAT haunt. Still we should be away from here if possible.
(313) Ksaturn (enter): 19:12
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Ah, uh should we put a warning sign up or something?"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"So the well is haunted...yes that sounds right::
(254) Drenla:
I suppose. A wishing well, eh? Sounds vaguely interesting.
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"I agree..this place doesn't feel right"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"A luck well"
(254) Drenla:
So, I understand you have some coins for me to look over?
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"based on the inscription"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"show him morti"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"hmm..." (has a thought takes a look at his shortsword to see if it's still silver...)
(254) Drenla:
Probably touched them if past history is any indication.
whispering to Kendric Duncan, oh yes it is
(274) Morti:
"don't have them"
(254) Drenla:
Hm. Interesting. So our friends trade in red gold, eh? Good thing they're not here, whereever they are.
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Who has them?"
(274) Morti:
"didn't you?"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"How so?"
(254) DM:
(strike that. thought Morti showed them)
(274) Morti:
"thought you threw them in the well)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
(Actually, Je'rar has them)
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((Je'rar has them I think...))
(254) DM:
(If they were touched, you need to let me know now and by whom)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
(no scroll up...I threw a gold coin in the well)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Hm..oh..yes..right here" :carefully removes the pouch::
(274) Morti:
(not at any point by anyone)
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((the "coins" Reiner was putting intot he well weren't the same coins that we got from the merchants at least as far as I know))
(254) DM:
(ok)
(315) Stormcryst (enter): 19:16
(254) DM:
(so he says that when Je'rar shows them)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"What are they Drenla?"
(265) Trayn (exit): 19:17
(315) Stormcryst (exit): 19:17
(254) Drenla:
(grimly) I would destroy these or bury them under so much rock that no light or sun could ever shine upon them.
(316) Cethlyn (enter): 19:17
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (313) Ksaturn...
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Why?"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Umm..ok"
(274) Morti:
"you mean we can't get the spell removed?"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Drenla?"
(254) Drenla:
Red gold is known to be a cursed item favored by Kernin wizards and clerics. It forces people to become beholden to the merchant dukes. Kernin coin IS more desirable than regular coinage, but the added weight of an enchantment born from evil prayers makes it lethal.
(274) Morti:
(If Morti weren't so innocent I'vd cast a prestidigitation to take away the red glow and use em anyway hoping the craving they cause would be leverage for me... hehehehe)
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Hmm, wow. Two soul breaking things in one day. At least you guys lead interesting lives..."
(317) Vrondard (enter): 19:20
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Aye...we should dispose of them."
(254) Drenla:
Which proves a couple of things in my mind that I've been forming since we were hired by those merchants. That they were Kernin and were up to ill... but what ill I have no idea.
(274) Morti:
"throw em in the well"
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (317) Vrondard...
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"I have a hunch that they were slavers"
(254) Drenla:
hm, it's possible.
(254) Drenla:
I never saw anything that proved that accusation though.
(316) Cethlyn (exit): 19:22
(274) Morti:
:something seems to occur to Morti for a brief second: "slavers.. from kern.... nah..."
(317) Trayn:
.
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"in these parts, slavers are...well...let's say they do not lead happy lives if they are caught"
(254) Drenla:
In any event, you should destroy this as soon as possible or be rid of it. Just looking at it makes one susceptible if one is of weak moral character...(gazes at Je'rar)
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Hmm? Slavery is illeagle in Wylund..."
(254) Drenla:
(then looks away just as quickly)
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((we are in Wylund right?))
(254) DM:
(yes)
(274) Morti:
"Oh no, Drenla... you probably shouldn't touch them then..."
(274) Morti:
"I mean after the demon possession and all..."
** (254) Drenla glares at Morti. **
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Demon possesion?!" "Wow, you guys really do lead interesting lives..."
(254) Drenla:
Close your fool tongue and be silent. (hisses)
** (274) Morti gives drenla a grin, not thinking his words offensive **
** (274) Morti flattens his grin **
(254) Drenla:
'Twas a creature of the Dark, or so Rhian called it. I know not of such things.
(274) Morti:
"Right, and now you're all better. By the way, have you gotten your stick working again yet?"
(254) Drenla:
Now then, if ye have nothing to do other than yabber and yimmer foolish prattle, I'd like to return to sleep.
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Well, shouldn't we leave this place first. Or get rid of this "haunt" if we can?"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Drenla...no need for the sharp tongue"
(317) Trayn:
"hmmm" watching but saying little
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"We must leave here"
(254) Drenla:
No, but it's obvious that the creature is gone because you laid it to rest. Any mage or priest worth his weight in insight can see that. As for my stick, it's yours, remember? Take it and be done with it. (to Morti)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"I believe it will atttack us again"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Drenla, if there is one, there may be others"
(274) Morti:
o.0 "But I can't take your stick."
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Let's go"
(254) Drenla:
Then do something. My ballocks are freezing from hearing ye whine about prattling talk.
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((what tiem is it anyway, like 4 AM or something or is it later than that?))
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::snickers::"dind'nt know ye had any ballocks"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::reiner walks over to the well and casts something::
(257) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering):
bless water
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, your spell fails.
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Hmm there is nothing I can do here...I suggest we move away from here"
(254) Drenla:
Then let us either away or return to sleep, but we do little good standing here in the snow.
(274) Morti:
"Alright. We're leaving then?"
(317) Trayn:
"we should proceed"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::Reiner starts to walk towards the road::
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"uhm... yes right then. West it is..."
** (254) Drenla shoots Morti a glare and says nothing. **
** (274) Morti moves to pack up his things and tucks moiraine into his coat as they leave, not noticing the glaring **
(254) DM:
(You notice he's clutching the staff almost possessively but to no avail as it refuses to respond.)
(254) DM:
(Moving on...)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Come on, I know this road...we will be safe"
** (273) Kendric Duncan quickly packs up and heads to the road... **
(254) DM:
(actually, you reach Tolrindel in a few days.)
** (274) Morti pesters Drenla with questions of magick as they travel **
(254) DM:
As you proceed, it ceased snowing but everywhere seems trapped in a case of ice, as if the entire world were shrouded in snow and icicles.
(257) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering):
reiner is prbably dfamiliar with this town
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, huh?
(257) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering):
reiner probably is familiar with Tolrindel
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, no, actually, not
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, you've heard of it though
(274) Morti:
("Walking in a wonderland....")
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"don't know if I'll ever get used to all the snow they get up here..."
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
(what do the people look like as we enter the town?)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"yeah.I prefer the green grass as well"
(274) Morti:
(urgh.... WINTER wonderland..)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::looks for an inn::
(254) DM:
In your travels, the land changes from rolling plains to farmland. Also the number of armed patrols increases, from very little to slightly more frequent. These seem to be a contingent of warriors with an occasional knight. They give you greeting and send you on your way.
(254) DM:
Some of the warriors give Reiner and Je'rar pause, almost reacting adversely. Others merely shrug it off without a moment's notice.
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::Reiner flashes them a toothy grin::
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Well we're geting closer to the heart of Wylund that's for sure."
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
:ignores them,having very little if any use for 'em::
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Aye"
(254) DM:
The town is a bit more cosmopolitan than Wintershivven or other settlements you've visited thus far. (Not that that means much, but for example, there are several taverns, inns, a magekeep or two, a few shrines, a temple to Oneiros, and several merchants.)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::smiles as people pass::
(254) DM:
Also, your first sight on entering the town is that it's the first time you've seen a dawn elf. (The elf in question is among a group of similarly garbed individuals as yourselves, heading for what appears to be an inn -- Deep Tankards)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::covers weapons with cloak and ties back his long black hair::
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Ah, this is more to my liking. Hmm. Well I will have to be staying somewhere rather cheap Im afraid. All I have is a few copper..."
** (274) Morti takes in the sights curiously, offering off hand, "Wonder what their cider tastes like here" **
(317) Trayn:
"hmmmm well I can cover your expenses if they are meager enough"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Ah, I will remember that and pay you back as soon as my income is somewhat more than nothing... Thank you."
(317) Trayn:
"certainly"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::enters the inn::
(254) DM:
(uploading map. ignore the caption and imagine it as "Tolrindel" instead of "Gwyinn")
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Shall we go to this Deep Tankards inn."
(274) Morti:
:to ken:"Hai hai"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::Reiner ignores everyone and heads straight for the inn::
** (274) Morti follows to the inn **
** (273) Kendric Duncan smiles. "Ah, in to the "inn" we go then." Chuckles slightly at the horrible pun **
** (254) Drenla follows, deep in thought. **
(254) Cervael:
Ah, welcome to Deep Tankards.
(322) DM-DanTheElite (exit): 20:00
(317) Trayn:
((thanks))
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Bad bad pun Kendric"
(254) Cervael:
May I ask ye how long is your stay?
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Hmm, Good question."
** (274) Morti passes cervael a smile and takes a seat at the bar, pulling Moiraine from his coat to rest on the counter. **
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"I would like to stay overnight"
** (274) Morti pets the kitten while looking around for someone to take his order. **
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Ah, then overnight it is for I as well..."
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"How much is a room?"
(254) DM:
As you take a seat at the bar, (the common room is just beginning to fill up by the way) a thin. rakish human youth of probably no less than eight and ten winters enters the room (from another entrance) and walks to the bar with a morose expression on his face.
(254) Cervael:
That depends on the room, the number of guests, and the length of your stay. (smiles an unctuous smile)
(274) Morti:
(:prestends he knows what unctuous means:)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
:struts up to the bar,bys himself a drink,and one for the sad sack down the other end [Bad dice format] ::
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
(2 beers)
(254) Dalziel:
Dinner...if ye don't mind (to the barkeep). Wintergreen loaf, barley soup, chive tea.
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
(unctuous : oily)
(274) Morti:
(ah)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"I'll have that too"
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, who are you talking to, the innkeeper or the bartender?
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Well just a bunk room I think will work, overnight, and for six. Unless anyone has a problem with that..."
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, can't talk to both
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"We are weary travelers who just want the least expensive accomodations from this inn and we will be sure to put in a good word for you "
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Got any beef or mutton?"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((heh I want to see Stan do 4 things at one time here :) ))
(317) Trayn:
(ha)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Tonight, I sleep alone"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
*catches a whiff of Reiner's BO *
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Ah, ok then. For five it is..."
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"yeah...good idea buddy"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
:chuckles:
(254) Moonbarrow:
Certes. We have tonight -- roast mutton, squab on a spit, stuffed goose, salmon baked on a plank, stuffed 'trice, and the ever dependable warrior's breakfast. (grinning as he says this last)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Squab on a spit? Warrior's breakfast? what's that?"
(254) Dalziel:
Surely, you're not going to eat that are you? What a waste...
(274) Morti:
"What's a warrior's breakfast?"
(254) Cervael:
Well hm. Can I see the color of your coin? (smiles again)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::Looking more intently at Ceres:: "I am cold, I am tired and I an not in a good mood"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Name yer price and we shall see"
(254) Moonbarrow:
Squab on a spit is a trice of squabs, first marinated in sunflower wine and then basted in honey and lavender oil as it roasts. Three squabs to a spit.
(254) Moonbarrow:
Warrior's breakfast is well...everything we have for dinner, thrown together and served in a helm. (grins)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::starts to walk towards the door
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering):
ok,but what is a squab?
(274) Morti:
"Who's helm? I'm not eating out of Reiner's. he smells"
** (317) Trayn orders something simple **
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"are ye going to tell tme the price or do I need to stop ant the next inn?"
(254) Cervael:
Well, I never. But because I am in a good mood (gestures expansively), I will forget the insult to my character and offer ye The Red Room for a sum of 2 crowns per person, meals and other (ahem) services not included.
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, pigeon
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((2 GOLD per person?))
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, dude, relax
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Two crowns? That seems a bit steep."
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, if you see me typing, my sig line changes from Thinking to Planning
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, takes a while to type, this isn't AOL remember?
** (274) Morti cringes, hearing the price. **
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Well, does this room come with elven maidens because for that price..."
(257) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering):
just playing the grumpy Barbarian
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Bah! How much for the breakfast?"
(254) Cervael:
That's the price, gentles all. It includes protection from the Silent Network. (winks conspiratorially)
(254) Cervael:
That depends on what you order. (nodding and smiling unctuously)
(254) Cervael:
In the meantime, ye can have dinner or come back to me if and when ye feel like it. Adieu.
(317) Trayn:
"yes this does seem high.. Im not paying for it"
** (274) Morti whispers to the others, "This guy's creepy" **
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"What's the Network?"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"let's eat first. We can figure out the room later."
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Let's check one more place"
(254) Drenla:
Most likely the protection afforded from the Network includes the freedom to be stolen by thieves in the night. (oh, excuse me, my pardons -- to Kendrick)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"This food is too exotic for me"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Drenla, I agree..."
(334) Dave (enter): 20:17
(254) Moonbarrow:
Well you could always have what the monk is having. He has it nightly. Vegetables.
(334) Dave (exit): 20:17
(273) Kendric Duncan:
(shrugs) "I know how they operate no offense taken."
(274) Morti:
"What did he mean by other services though?"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::walks out and heads to the next inn::
(254) Dalziel:
Aye, vegetables and tea. (grins weakly, face set in a glum expression)
(254) DM:
(All right, one at a time.)
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((Dave you're still here right, that guy who just popped in and out wasn't you?))
(254) Dalziel:
Say, I heard ye were looking for a place to stay.
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, Another inn, you suppose might be The Friendly Familiar.
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Ah...thanks"
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, huh? are you in the inn or outside looking for another inn?
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, can't be both at the same time
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::waits for the rest of the folks and heads to the Friendly Familiar::
(317) Trayn:
((still here))
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, not busting your chops but really, this is the third time today you've done this
** (317) Trayn leaves this place also **
(273) Kendric Duncan:
(shrugs) "Hmm, off we are then."
** (274) Morti tucks moiraine back under his coat and follows after Reiner. **
(254) Dalziel:
hm. (goes back to eating his loaf.)
(254) DM:
(So you're outside, in the streets.)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::casually looks around to see if we are being followed
(254) DM:
(no, not being followed)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::heading to the friendly familiar
(274) Morti:
"Hope the next place doesn't have so many uncktchuz folks"
** (254) Drenla smiles brightly as you enter. **
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
:tags along,leisurely:
(317) Trayn:
"where are we going next the Friendly something"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"You like tis place Denla?"
(254) Drenla:
Hm, if we're staying here, I'll negotiate. The owner is a...friend of mine.
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Ok...sounds like a plan"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Why not, at least nobody will bother Morti..."
(274) Morti:
"Thanks Drenla" :-)
(274) Morti:
"Huh?" :glances back to Ken questioningly:
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::looks around::
(317) Trayn:
"well then lets stay here... seems safe"
(254) DM:
The interior of the inn, unlike all of the other inns you've ever visited, is tranquil and silent. Not that it is empty, but rather because most are either reading, contemplating or talking in low voices.
(274) Morti:
:whispers: "Wow. It's quiet here."
(254) DM:
(that was supposed to be serene instead of silent)
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Ah, now I feel right at home."
(317) Trayn:
"very civilized"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"I certainly like this better"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"It is quiet"
** (274) Morti makes his way to the bar to order, once more settingout Moiraine on the counter **
(254) DM:
From the looks of it, the five individuals in the main room are in fact...wizards. You can tell by their behaviors and the presence of an occasional quarterstaff levitating in the air.
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Drenla I do hope you can talk the price of a room down, because I'm sure it'll be rather pricey here too..."
(274) Morti:
(make that, heads to a table)
(254) Moiraine:
Mrrr.
(254) Drenla:
No worries. Asianna and I are old friends.
** (274) Morti pets the kitten, scratching her ears "No worries moiraine Drenla's friend will feed us good" **
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::Reiner plops himself down on a chair::
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Ah. Very good then." (goes to join Morti at the table, takes his hat off) "This place does remind me of home though."
(274) Morti:
"You live in a quiet tavern?"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Barkeep, how much for an ale?"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"er... well no... but the peace and quiet contemplation going on around. It's just like my home, in fact one of the reasons I left but we don't need to go into that right now." Smiels slightly
(254) DM:
As you acclimate yourselves, Drenla walks up to the bar, which is crafted from willow and teak, the rear of which is a crystalline surface that mirrors the room alongside its wide expanse. You can see shelving carved into the wall, invisible from sight but noticeable on close inspection. A star elf of amazing beauty with waist length copper hair that shimmers in the dim azure-tinted light greets Drenla as if they were old friends.
** (274) Morti looks around for a server, his stomache growling **
(254) Asianna Corsair:
(glances at Reiner and pecks Drenla on the cheek, whispering to him) That depends on the drink, stranger.
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::turning on the rugged charm::
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
Cha check: [1d20+2] -> [16,2] = (18)
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((you don't have to be schizophrenic to be a DM, but it helps))
(254) DM:
(about 6'3", copper hair, almond eyes with green irises and gold highlights, dusky tanned skin, lithe and slender)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Well, I am sure you are a lady of taste so I will leave it up to you"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
(actually 19 +1 for elves)
(254) Asianna Corsair:
(smiling slightly) I have known many men and women of questionable taste and disputable merit...I would hope you're not amongst them.
(254) Asianna Corsair:
(smiles slightly)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"That is always a matter of perception is it not?"
(313) Ksaturn (whispering):
Anything i can do to help, or just shut up?
(254) Asianna Corsair:
Here, here is a menu from which you may select any drink to your taste. I have another customer. (indicates Drenla)
whispering to Ksaturn, no help needed
(254) DM:
(Meanwhile, what else is everyone doing?)
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::selects the finest sylvan ale::
(254) DM:
The two -- Drenla and Asianna -- are engaged in intense, private conversation. Drenla gesticulates frequently to Reiner and Trayn.
** (274) Morti sits hungry and desperate, looking for a server to come to his table. **
** (317) Trayn is porbably looking for a simple meal **
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
::walks up to the sad kid and asks what's got him so down:
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((Am just relaxing at the table))
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"it's a bright and beautiful day and we're astill breathing"
(274) Morti:
:to ken: "maybe in a place like this we're suppose to order at a window or something"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((wasn't that the other inn?))
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
(oops..oh yeah :P )
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::walks up to the counter and orders the finest sylvan ale by its elven name::
(254) Drenla:
We have rooms for the night.
(313) Ksaturn (exit): 20:37
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Splendid...thank you Drenla"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"hmm, not sure." " Ah there's Drenla back"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Thank you very much Drenla."
(274) Morti:
"Great!" :stomache grumbles: "How about dinner?"
(254) Drenla:
1 crown for us all, but only because she and I are old friends. It's actually more. (to Reiner) Try not to drink her out of house and home, that is if you can so much consume a glass of applefyre spirits without becoming unconscious.
(254) Drenla:
And there's a condition.
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"Well, better than the other inn, and a much more enjoyable stay it would seem."
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::laughs:: "are you klidding me? I have the constitution of a horse! "
(254) Drenla:
Not so fast, there's a condition.
(274) Morti:
"What condition?"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"oh... well, how bad can it be?"
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"another one of those eat the fiery mustard things?"
** (273) Kendric Duncan looks at Je'rar questioningly **
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"ok...what are they?"
(254) Drenla:
A monk by the name of Aarhius is in need, and she'd like us to help him if possible. She would but she can't because she doesn't pay protection money to Cervael and so that makes her a target of the local branch of the Network.
(274) Morti:
"Do we get fed then?"
(317) Trayn:
"hmm I would be glad to assist in protecting those from criminal activities"
(254) Drenla:
The monk is staying here, so that solves the problem of locating him.
(254) Drenla:
And supposedly, there's a substantial reward in the offing. Yes, we get fed Morti.
** (274) Morti smiles happily. "Ok, what does he need help with?" **
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::Reiner lsitens...::
(254) Drenla:
Well, I don't know. I wasn't able to determine. Asa is good at keeping secrets she doesn't want known until time.
(254) Drenla:
She wants our decision but in the meantime, dinner is on her.
(274) Morti:
"Great!"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"If we agree, will it break my moral code?"
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"hmm, I don't see a problem. I of all people should be able to help against the Network."
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"What kind of help does he need?"
(345) Ksaturn (enter): 20:44
(254) Drenla:
Oh split your fool tongue like a snake under a rock for once!
(254) Drenla:
Will it break the moral code of a boulder you mean.
(254) Drenla:
"Will it break my ballocks because dear god, I can't sit still for a second unless some oaf is insulting me about coins."
(254) Drenla:
(mutters)
(274) Morti:
"huh?" :not unsderstanding the outburst:
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::give him a look:: "Remember, I am a cleric and am bound by certain rules. I just need to know before I agree...surely you understand Drenla."
(274) Morti:
"Well what bad could a monk be?"
(254) Drenla:
Aye, I understand. Ye could have a platter of roast duck with braised plums in front of a starving child and still ye'd ask, "will it break my moral code if I give it to him"?
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"I am sure your friend understands"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Ney it is not that way"
(254) Drenla:
Asa understands that ye're a plainsfolk and she doesn't want any trouble, cleric or no cleric. And that goes for the rest o' ye.
** (274) Morti groans under the arguement, whispering to Trayn, "They aren't going to let us eat our they?" **
(254) The wizards:
SHHHHH!!!!
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Ye shall have no trouble from me unless it seeks me out"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
(reiner has not raised his voice)
(274) Morti:
(Drenla has though)
(254) Drenla:
(calms a bit) I don't know about your moral code, which doesn't sit high with me after what ye did, so to Tincoras with your moral code, but I'm sure it won't break anything you stand for and it might actually help a person in need.
(273) Kendric Duncan:
"No problem from me Drenla... mabey you should sit down and have a drink though."
(254) DM:
(you may have not raised your voice but your not exactly murmuring.)
(274) Morti:
"Can't we discuss this morals stuff quietly over dinner instead?"
(254) Drenla:
Ye know, that sounds like a good idea! (goes to sit at the bar, rolling his eyes)
(254) Asianna Corsair:
(comes to your table) Well, what'll it be, friends?
(350) Graefel (enter): 20:53
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Drenla, I did not say no... just want to work it out so we are all on the same page. As for my actions, I stand behind them. A simple apology works wonders."
(350) Graefel (exit): 20:53
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, he's at the bar
(254) DM:
(he's at the bar)
(273) Kendric Duncan:
((I'm not sure if she's asking whether we'll help her or not or whether she's asking what we want for dinner...))
** (274) Morti smiles at Asianna. "A cup of hot cider, roast lamp, a bowl of whatever soup you have and bread please" **
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"WHat's available for dinner?"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Drenla is a bit exciteed..."
(254) Asianna Corsair:
(waits a minute) I mean dinner, friends. Ask and I'm sure we can have it done in a few minutes. As long as it's not too exotic. (smiles)
(274) Morti:
(roast lamb rather)
(254) Asianna Corsair:
Yes, he is. Excited at seeing me I'm sure.
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
"Since you are the hostess, whatever you suggest... do not want to impose"
(254) Asianna Corsair:
(smiles)
(274) Morti:
:about Drenla: "Think he's upset actually..."
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::smiles::
(254) Asianna Corsair:
Very well then. But do not worry if you can't finish it all. (laughs coquettishly, takes Drenla by the hand and disappears into the rear of the tavern/inn)
(277) Je'rar Ogrebane:
"Steak and potatoes and bread and soup maybe and mutton and got any apples? and maybe some fish..oh yes, and plenty of beer to wash it down"
(257) Reiner Swiftblade:
::stares at Trayn::
(254) DM:
(On that note, let's stop.)


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms