Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
13 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
11 Guests
Registered Users: CharlesAgils, KevinBic


Back to Damrosil Logs
AlexPetrovich99:

 

AlexPetrovich99:           got all the python stuff DLd to disk C,but had to run

openrpg part onto the desktop

Tolmara:           Log is open now.

Tolmara:           ((Gothick is watching btw.))

AlexPetrovich99:           (hi)

A Gothick Rose:            (*wave* hello)

RSwiftblade:     (so what is in the room)

Tolmara:           If you recall from several weeks ago, you had decided to go and

investigate the dungeon known as the Killing Keep in an effort to slay the

myrdraal that Rhian was tracking.

Tolmara:           You've only penetrated the exterior areas of the dungeon thus far.

Tolmara:           Location 1 was an entry chamber that also contained a pile of

weapons.  The sole exit from the chamber was a porticullis in the down

position.

Tolmara:           Pointing through it was a loaded triple crossbow that activated as

soon as the porticullis was raised upwards.

Tolmara:           Locations 2 and 3 are empty.

Tolmara:           Locations 4 and 5 are bedrooms or barracks areas that seemed to be

thoroughly looted.

VBJunkie:         "well where too now... through the doors in the bedrooms?"

VBJunkie:         "or thru there" indicates room #6

Tolmara:           Location 6 contains a pair of closed bronze double doors flanked by

a pair of two bronze statues of the god Martreus in dual aspects as the

Destroyer and the Battlelord.

VBJunkie:         "I like little the depictions on the doors"

VBJunkie:         "but it probably indicates something significant behind it"

Tolmara:           In the room, there is a faint metallic smell and something is

written on the floor in front of the statue on the right.

AlexPetrovich99:           "Well we haven't checked to see where these other doors

lead to,have we?"

Tolmara:           (Current composition of the group:  the three of you, of course,

and Rhian.  Lunauc's character is in PC limbo.)

AlexPetrovich99:           :pauses,noticing the writing on the floor:

AlexPetrovich99:           "Those two barracks rooms appeared to lead other places.."

AlexPetrovich99:           *lead to other

Tolmara:           It seems to be runes of an unfamiliar language (to Jer'ar).

RSwiftblade:     ::looks at floor at language::

RSwiftblade:     "This is the language of the star elves"

VBJunkie:         "yeah well thats great to know but what does it say?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Ok..so what does it say?"

AlexPetrovich99:           ((rotfl dave))

RSwiftblade:     "There is a B, E, and W and this triangle and a zig zagging

line benieath it's center"

RSwiftblade:     ::point to the line::

RSwiftblade:     s

RSwiftblade:     ::blows away any dirt to try to see it more clearly::

Tolmara:           That's all that can be discerned.

VBJunkie:         ::wonders if this is something to do with summoning triangles::

RSwiftblade:     "I know not Trayn"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Well the e and the W might stand for east and West,but I

have no idea what the B is for"

RSwiftblade:     "It could be a warning perhaps?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "If so, we can just use the Dantrag key"

AlexPetrovich99:           :chuckles:

Tolmara:           (yes of course.)

VBJunkie:         "Basement?"

VBJunkie:         "Below?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Basement,..good a guess as any"

RSwiftblade:     "I say we step away from this statue and perhaps approach the

other"

VBJunkie:         "well lets keep in in mind... we might realize the answer further

on"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I think we should check out the other doors in those

barracks rooms first,so as to make sure we don't leave anything unwanted at

our backs"

AlexPetrovich99:           (let's not forget the npc bard kid)

RSwiftblade:     "Trayn, it is your call"

VBJunkie:         "lets indeed leave this for later"

VBJunkie:         "no reason to rush into trouble"

VBJunkie:         "when trouble can be avoided"

RSwiftblade:     "My only council is that we keep out eyes out for this statue

and anything to do with the Destroyer"

RSwiftblade:     our

RSwiftblade:     "That to me  is a bad omen"

RSwiftblade:     (back to room 4 or 5?)

VBJunkie:         5

RSwiftblade:     ok 5

VBJunkie:         "I too wish not to deal with what is beyond this door"

VBJunkie:         "but it may be our fate to do so.."

AlexPetrovich99:           (5..only 1 door to argue over :P )

RSwiftblade:     "Aye"

RSwiftblade:     ::Reiner leads the way:: "I will stay up fromt"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I'll guard the rear then"

RSwiftblade:     ::draws his sword and something else shiny within his hand that

remains hidden except for a quick gleam in the light::

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "'Tis our fate to die a sweet and noble death, knives

drawn and swords extended."

AlexPetrovich99:           :holds both weapons at the ready:

RSwiftblade:     "Perin, are you saying that it is a glorious day to die?"

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "'Tis always a glorious day to die, for e'en now I see

Lady Death with my mind's eye, beckoning to us o'er yonder."

AlexPetrovich99:           "I say it's a glorious day to keep on living"

RSwiftblade:     "I see...."  ::clears his throat with discomfort:: "Tell me

more about your father's cooking?"

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "Why, better to deal death to others more deserving of it

than thou."

VBJunkie:         ::prepares himself for danger::

RSwiftblade:     ::goes to the unopened door in the room::

VBJunkie:         ::has his shield strapped on and his heavy mace at the ready::

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "Ah, Elamurix?  His cooking is legendary, as is his

magic...he taught me everything I know, forsooth."

RSwiftblade:     "Have we checked this room for secret doors?"

Tolmara:           (Yes.)

Tolmara:           The door creaks open to reveal a dimly lit passage that ends

abruptly in a landslide.

VBJunkie:         "hhhmmm looks like the end of the road"

AlexPetrovich99:           :goes to see if he can tell whether or not it was a natural

landslide:

RSwiftblade:     "So I hear that your father's Saluk is legendary."

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "That is a dish I have ne'er heard of before.  Prithee

tell what is in it?"

RSwiftblade:     "How did he make it?"

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "Much of what he makes is legendary."

Tolmara:           (wry smile on his face)

VBJunkie:         "well lets check out the other room"

VBJunkie:         "hope it isnt like this"

RSwiftblade:     "Wait"

RSwiftblade:     ::checks to see if it real::

RSwiftblade:     (disbelieve)

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  6

AlexPetrovich99:           9

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  5

RSwiftblade:     (10)

AlexPetrovich99:           ::starts poking around at it,keeping an eye open::

Tolmara:           Just rock and dirt from above.

RSwiftblade:     ::looks for doors in the passageway::

Tolmara:           None that you can see.

AlexPetrovich99:           "hmm.. looks like a dead end"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::backs up,and heads back to the room:: (5)

RSwiftblade:     "Aye...to the other room..right trayn"

RSwiftblade:     (room 4)

AlexPetrovich99:           "Yes..let's"

RSwiftblade:     ::Reiner again leads the way::

RSwiftblade:     "Well, shall we try the far door?"

VBJunkie:         ((will try all the doors in #5 and then move on to room #4)

RSwiftblade:     (there is only one in 5  )

RSwiftblade:     (other than the one we entered from)

AlexPetrovich99:           (correct)

VBJunkie:         ((ah true i was looking at 4 and thinking them the same))

RSwiftblade:     ::the group approaches the far door in room 4)

Tolmara:           (ok)

RSwiftblade:     ::Reiner lets one go:: "Sorry folks"

Tolmara:           This door is unlocked and slightly open.

VBJunkie:         "lead on... I shall heal the brave soul that gets injured"

RSwiftblade:     ::swings door open::

RSwiftblade:     :with sword::

AlexPetrovich99:           :prepares to do battle::

Tolmara:           The room beyond is dimly lit as its twin, and ends in a wall of

rock and dirt.  As you shine your light inside the room, you note that the

floor is tinged with a dull green substance.

VBJunkie:         "hmm same thing mostly... a dead end"

AlexPetrovich99:           :goes to check that wall of rubble as well::

AlexPetrovich99:           :takes a 1/2 step,stops:

RSwiftblade:     "What is that green stuff?"  ::points::

AlexPetrovich99:           :looks intently att he green glow

AlexPetrovich99:           (nature check to see what it might be?)

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  18

RSwiftblade:     "Has anyone seen this stuff before?"

AlexPetrovich99:           23

VBJunkie:         ((has religion, planes and arcana if thats appropriate))

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  18

VBJunkie:         "certainly never seen it"

VBJunkie:         "lets stay away from it"

AlexPetrovich99:           :just as fast as I step into the room I rush back out:

AlexPetrovich99:           "Do NOT step into that stuff"

RSwiftblade:     "What is the matter?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Green Slime..very nasty stuff"

VBJunkie:         "i don't even know what that is... but i knew better than to mess

with it"

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "Ah.  As I said, 'tis a glorious day to die."

(chuckling.)

AlexPetrovich99:           "Very smart" >to Trayn<

RSwiftblade:     "Well shall we close the door and investigate the other door in

this room?"

AlexPetrovich99:           :stands there thinking for a second:

VBJunkie:         "yes..."

Tolmara:           (sent URL of map again)

RSwiftblade:     "Perin, If that is who ye are, did ye know about this trap?"

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "Aye, I knew.  And 'afore I could say anything, off he

went into the room intent on his death 'afore I could say anything.  Thou

dost not need me to sing of thy doom when thou dost walk heedlessly."

Tolmara:           (grinning)

VBJunkie:         ::continues onward::

AlexPetrovich99:           "I think we can burn the stuff away..."

RSwiftblade:     "What other perils await us here?"

AlexPetrovich99:           :motons to his torch: "shall I ?"

AlexPetrovich99:           *motions

AlexPetrovich99:           *cleans off his footwear first

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "Ah, well e'en I am not so omniscient.  But I knew what

'twas."

AlexPetrovich99:           "..and Trayn? Do you have the power to cure disease?"

RSwiftblade:     ::Reiner grunts and huffs::

RSwiftblade:     "Let us continue then"

VBJunkie:         "I can treat it... but I dont have a spell that can do so"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Then I guess I'm going barefoot"

VBJunkie:         "not until i gain more recognition to Solnor"

AlexPetrovich99:           :shucks his boots:

AlexPetrovich99:           (ok..now does this affect my movement any?)

Tolmara:           (it might.  none now though.)

AlexPetrovich99:           *lights his torch and tries to carefully burn away the

slime attached to them without [hopefully] destroying them::

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "You can have my sandals, Jer'ar.  No bother, really."

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "I shan't be alive too much longer to care one way or

another."

AlexPetrovich99:           "Thank-you..but let me see if I can still save these first"

RSwiftblade:     "well, songsinger, yer kind are filled with knowledge.  please

allow us to tap into it"

AlexPetrovich99:           *after treating my boots,applies the flame to the slime in

the room,carefully sticking just the lit end into it

AlexPetrovich99:           (reaching with the torch just into the room far enough to

make contact with the junk)

VBJunkie:         "why are we even fooling with this"

VBJunkie:         "the way is blocked..."

Tolmara:           The substance quickly begins eating away at the torch even as the

flames work their way on the slime.

AlexPetrovich99:           "Slime has no place in the natural world"

Tolmara:           In the end, the slime wins out over the flames.

VBJunkie:         "better drop that..."

AlexPetrovich99:           "Ah well"

AlexPetrovich99:           *drops the butt end of the torch

AlexPetrovich99:           "It was almost burned out anyway"

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "Thou would need a much larger source of flames than such

couldst provide."  (indicating the torches)

VBJunkie:         "I could provide it.. but i dont see the need"

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "As do I."

AlexPetrovich99:           "Nah..we can always come back to that later"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::goes to the other door::

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "I would say you have less time than you think, Jer'ar

dear."

AlexPetrovich99:           "Perrin.. you seem to know so much..check it for any

unwanted surprises?"

Tolmara:           Her form seems to have become translucent.

AlexPetrovich99:           "Rhian!" rushes to her side

RSwiftblade:     "We  must make haste people"

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "I know enough not to step into a room with a floor

covered in an unnatural substance."  (grinning)

AlexPetrovich99:           :Turns and kicks the door in:

RSwiftblade:     "ENOUGH! we need to continue"

AlexPetrovich99:           *gives Perrin a scathing glance

Tolmara:           Rhian (holding up a hand to stop Jer'ar):  "'Tis nothing you can

do, my sweet.  This is a side effect of the spell I cast to walk this manner.

Very soon I shall dissipate and the magic I hold at bay will be gone.  We

must find the

Tolmara:           myrdraal before that happens."

RSwiftblade:     "Let us not lose sight of why we are here"

VBJunkie:         "then lets stop wasting time"

RSwiftblade:     ::moves to the other door in this room::

RSwiftblade:     (is it open or closed?)

Tolmara:           (if you check the map, the remaining doors are in 6)

AlexPetrovich99:           (wel I went to kick it open..)

Tolmara:           (there's no other door in this room!!!)

Tolmara:           (oops)

AlexPetrovich99:           (and what was the door to the north then?)

AlexPetrovich99:           rotfl

Tolmara:           (my bad.  the door to the north leads to the green slime room)

RSwiftblade:     ((it magically appears))

AlexPetrovich99:           eheeh ok..then it was the other one I was just kicking in

:P

RSwiftblade:     (Then Reiner goes to the west wing)

RSwiftblade:     (door open or closed?)

RSwiftblade:     ::murmurs under breath:: "I hate dungeouns, I hate closed

spaces, I hate running around like a rat in a maze"

RSwiftblade:     "War Father give me strength"

Tolmara:           (closed)

AlexPetrovich99:           :goes to open the bugger:

RSwiftblade:     "Shall we open this door?"

VBJunkie:         "let not the hate consume you... then all you will have left is

hate"

AlexPetrovich99:           (what's inside,or was it locked?)

Tolmara:           (locked)

AlexPetrovich99:           "Perrin..can you pick it?"

RSwiftblade:     "huh? oh...I am just uncomfortable in closed spaces Trayn"

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  5

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "My talents do not extend to acting as a common thief in

the night."

AlexPetrovich99:           :uses the Dantrag key: *Kicks the mofo in*

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  17

VBJunkie:         "well lets open it our normal way then" aka dantrag

Tolmara:           As the door flies open, you hear snickers in the distance, as a

hail of darts showers all over Jer'ar.  Fortunately, he dodges all of them

miraculously.

Tolmara:           And the sound of booted feet running away.

AlexPetrovich99:           :gives chase:

Tolmara:           Into a dimly lit hallway...

AlexPetrovich99:           (gee ..who's the real barbarian of the group?

snicker-snicker..)

Tolmara:           You hear the sound of a door being slammed and a humming noise

coming into being.

Tolmara:           More high-pitched snickering.

Tolmara:           (hold on)

Tolmara:           (Sent map URL again)

VBJunkie:         ((for those of you who have the map up... refreshing works quite

well))

VBJunkie:         ((F5))

AlexPetrovich99:           :(ahh..thanks dave..just learned something new)

Tolmara:           As you round the bend, you see a closed door behind a shimmering

wall of crimson light.

AlexPetrovich99:           ( ( ahh thanks

Tolmara:           The wall seems to be the source of the humming.

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  8

AlexPetrovich99:           "Umm..ok magic stuff..anyone?"

VBJunkie:         "how very strange... the sound is coming from the wall.. or behind

the wall"

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "Most interesting."

AlexPetrovich99:           *steps back around the bend

RSwiftblade:     "Rhian, what sort of magic is this?"

RSwiftblade:     "How so Perrin"

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "It is a magic based on the Pattern.  I am useless against

it."

VBJunkie:         "well lets find the laughing being"

AlexPetrovich99:           "So how do we bypass it then?"

RSwiftblade:     "but what is it?"

RSwiftblade:     Perin...any thoughts?"

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "Other than sacrificing oneself, one must dispel the magic

that holds it together and I am not powerful enough...at least not yet."

VBJunkie:         "that shimmer could be quite dangerous"

VBJunkie:         "neither am i"

RSwiftblade:     "Aye, but what is it?"

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "'Tis a field of magic that wouldst cook thee.  An end not

befitting a warrior of thy stature."

AlexPetrovich99:           "Ok..then we go somewhere else,and keep in mind that

there's an enemy at our backs"

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "Those sounded like....hm, kobolds.  But I am unsure."

AlexPetrovich99:           (well,only one way left:  past the statues)

RSwiftblade:     "I have fought these pests in the forest, but I have not seen

that they are able to produce this sort of magic"

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "They are well suited to certain types of magic.  Perhaps

there is a shaman amongst them."

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  6

VBJunkie:         "yes it seems we must head to the doors"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Indeed"

RSwiftblade:     ::pulls out a piece of jerky and chucks it at the wall::

Tolmara:           It bursts into flames as it lands on the other side.  You hear

shrieks of high-pitched laughter and a loud sniggering.

VBJunkie:         "yes the doorway.... lets not dawdle"

Tolmara:           (ok, so what now?)

AlexPetrovich99:           ::starts to head back to the statues of Martreus::

VBJunkie:         ::does the same::

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "Hm.  Allow me."

RSwiftblade:     (sprinkles some climbing tacks on the floor with the points up

and hides them in the dirt::  "This should make them feel good should they

wish to follow"

Tolmara:           Plucking a string from his cyrwyth, he hums a sharp note, then

steps back, with a slight smirk on his face.

AlexPetrovich99:           *laughs*

RSwiftblade:     "What are ye doing>"

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "There is a field of magick surrounding the statues.

Touching them would be inadvisable."

VBJunkie:         "what about the door?"

Tolmara:           (Reiner, you're not where he is.)

RSwiftblade:     (oh..ok...I'm a little behind the group)

AlexPetrovich99:           "Thanks Perrin"

Tolmara:           (now when you get back to where the party is, you see Perrin make

that statement.)

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "The field doth not extend to the door."

RSwiftblade:     "What about the doors Perrin"

VBJunkie:         "yes lets breach them"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Then I guess we should check the doors to see if those are

trapped"

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "And the floor between the statues."

RSwiftblade:     "Aye...then lets enter...mind fer traps...I will open them if

you wish"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I hate singling you out like this Perrin,

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "I am quite used to it, believe me."

AlexPetrovich99:           but you seem to be the only one here who has any knowledge

of how to find and get rid of the damn things"

Tolmara:           He shrugs.

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "What wonders a little knowledge and observation can

bring."

RSwiftblade:     "the floor between the statues is trapped"

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "Or I could do nothing and let thee die.  In which case

the bards shall sing of thy glorious, ignoble end."

VBJunkie:         "well how do we get around it.. set it off harmlessly?"

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "I would imagine thou wouldst try to circumvent it.  Or

'use the Dantrag key' whatever that is."

AlexPetrovich99:           "and the world will die out leaving noone left to hear your

songs"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Perrin? See my boot?"

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "Aye?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Yhea ~ that's the dantrag key"

RSwiftblade:     "No...the dantrag key will set something off"

Tolmara:           Perrin:  (smirks)

VBJunkie:         "what about throwing a bed or a table on the floor?"

RSwiftblade:     "I see magic between the two statues on the floor"

VBJunkie:         "or using it as a Tower Shield?"

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "Why a table when a coin will suffice?"

VBJunkie:         "im just trying to protect us.."

RSwiftblade:     "Aye"

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "Then a table."

AlexPetrovich99:           "I'll hoist a bed or a table from the barracks room" (4)

AlexPetrovich99:           *er.. (room 5)

Tolmara:           (that'll take some time)

Tolmara:           (you can take 10)

AlexPetrovich99:           ok

VBJunkie:         ::helps out::

AlexPetrovich99:           grabs a coupleo f large rocks from there as well

RSwiftblade:     ok

RSwiftblade:     (can we say they return with the table?"

RSwiftblade:     )

Tolmara:           (ok)

Tolmara:           (but it will take some time hauling it to where you are)

Tolmara:           (and Jer'ar wants to take some rocks, so that will take more time)

RSwiftblade:     "allright so what is your plan?"

AlexPetrovich99:           (hardly..the rubble was a scant few feet from the barracks)

AlexPetrovich99:           (not looking for the perfect rock;just something

nice-sized)

RSwiftblade:     ::reiner focuses above the door and concentrates::

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "Well, throw the table at either statue or the floor

between them."  (You notice he doesn't talk like that and his accent is no

longer affected.)

VBJunkie:         "lets throw the rock and all stay behind the table"

VBJunkie:         "use it as a wall"

VBJunkie:         ::tips the table on its side::

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "That too."

Tolmara:           He's the first to hide behind it.

AlexPetrovich99:           *takes cover behind the table,and launches a rock at the

middle of the doors::

RSwiftblade:     (so what happens???))

Tolmara:           The rock bounces off the doors and lands on the floor.

Tolmara:           You hear a loud click when that happens.

AlexPetrovich99:           (well the rock bounces off the doors,lands back on the

floor somewhere between the statues and ?)

AlexPetrovich99:           (and we hear a loud click)

Tolmara:           Then you hear a loud sizzle and a crackle, and rock chips fly out

in all directions, some of them striking the table.

VBJunkie:         "what about throwing at the statue... hey did you hear

that..woah!"

Tolmara:           (give me time to type guys)

VBJunkie:         ::reacts to the explosion::

Tolmara:           The odor of ozone fills the air.

AlexPetrovich99:           "Well now..isn't that a nasty surprise"

VBJunkie:         "lets try that again..."

Tolmara:           Perrin (concentrating):  "The field is still there."

VBJunkie:         "maybe we can exhaust the trap... spell"

RSwiftblade:     "Ah...the ruins say beware of a lghtening bolt"

AlexPetrovich99:           *lobs a 2nd one ,and peeks around the corner of the table

so he can actually see what happens*

Tolmara:           (rock?)

AlexPetrovich99:           (yep)

Tolmara:           The same thing occurs, and when all is clear (as you duck your head

around the table), there is nothing left of the rock except fragments.

AlexPetrovich99:           "Ok.. I guess we're beat"

Tolmara:           You noticed however that the floor tilted towards the door when the

rock landed on the floor.

AlexPetrovich99:           "Maybe we can wait out the spel that was n front of that

other door.."

Tolmara:           And that when it landed on the floor, a bolt emanated from the

statues.

AlexPetrovich99:           toss a fragment at the statues?

VBJunkie:         "well i think we need to avoid the floor"

Tolmara:           (if you want)

AlexPetrovich99:           *tosses a handful of fragments at her statues

Tolmara:           (which?)

AlexPetrovich99:           *at the

VBJunkie:         "what about putting the table flat on the floor and sliding it

forward"

AlexPetrovich99:           left one

Tolmara:           nothing happens.

AlexPetrovich99:           "ok..like Trayn said.."

RSwiftblade:     "No no let me think"

AlexPetrovich99:           maybe we can use it as a bridge,keeping us off the floor

AlexPetrovich99:           "

AlexPetrovich99:           "that seems to be the trigger"

AlexPetrovich99:           "What do you think,Perrin?"

VBJunkie:         ::nods::

AlexPetrovich99:           :tips the table upside down,and slowly slides it up close

to the floor area;

AlexPetrovich99:           when it gets close,gives it a firm shove

AlexPetrovich99:           and dives backwards

RSwiftblade:     "Give me strength war father!"

VBJunkie:         "yes... lets hope this works"

Tolmara:           Perrin:  "Whatever you think best.  If you die, I shall at least

have material for my magnum opus."  (grins slightly)

RSwiftblade:     Approaches the battle lord statue::

AlexPetrovich99:           *quite possibly bowls Reiner over as I turn and dive

RSwiftblade:     Grabs hold of the statue and begins to move it away::

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  12

Tolmara:           You see a ball of blue-white energy coalesce in front of the statue

of the Destroyer which then hurtles towards the table.  A loud crack ensues,

as the force of the explosion blows the bronze doors wide open, tearing them

forwards.

VBJunkie:         ::shies away from both... not wishing to be in danger needlessly::

Tolmara:           (Reflex save on the part of Reiner and Jer'ar)

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  11

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  5

AlexPetrovich99:           15

RSwiftblade:     9

Tolmara:           Shards of table fly in all directions, some of them striking and

embedding into Reiner's back

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 2 6-sided dice:  6 5

RSwiftblade:     "ouch!  what did you do!"

AlexPetrovich99:           :goes to pull the table leg out of Reiner's butt:

RSwiftblade:     18 strenth?

AlexPetrovich99:           "I opened the damn door; you should've known enough to

stand back"

VBJunkie:         "well what is done is done"

RSwiftblade:     "I was in the process of unarming the trap"

VBJunkie:         "and the damage can be fixed"

VBJunkie:         "though its sad it has to be"

VBJunkie:         "fore my spells are not infinite"

VBJunkie:         ::casts a spell invoking Solnor's blessing on Reiner::

OnlineHost:       VBJunkie rolled 1 8-sided die:  4

VBJunkie:         (7 hps healing)

RSwiftblade:     Thanks brother"

VBJunkie:         (BLAH .. 8 hps... healing domain)

VBJunkie:         "we should jump over that area..."

AlexPetrovich99:           "No kidding"

VBJunkie:         "it could still be active.. and most likely is"

RSwiftblade:     "Warfather, return my health!"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Reiner.. I've seen you jump; you first and I'll follow you

in"

RSwiftblade:     ::a field of crimson red envelops Reiners hands and he places

them on his chest

RSwiftblade:     his wounds begin to heal slightly::

VBJunkie:         ::jumps across the floor::

OnlineHost:       VBJunkie rolled 1 20-sided die:  8

VBJunkie:         (travelling his minimum distance of 5 ft)

RSwiftblade:     ::jumps across the door

AlexPetrovich99:           :takes a few steps back for a running start,and jumps after

Reiner:

RSwiftblade:     ::Reiner jumps much higher and farther than you would expect

from a guy hus size::

Tolmara:           You land on the other side....and nothing happens.

RSwiftblade:     his

VBJunkie:         "we made it..."

Tolmara:           (but I have to redraw the map so hold on)

AlexPetrovich99:           ok

VBJunkie:         "lets remember to avoid that on the way out"

RSwiftblade:     "Yes we should"  ::pulling the splinters out of his back::

AlexPetrovich99:           *grunts*

RSwiftblade:     "The dantrag key must be used with disgression"

VBJunkie:         "we avoided quite a nasty event... we should count ourselves

fortunate"

RSwiftblade:     "Aye tis true"

RSwiftblade:     "Well most of us" ::chuckles::

AlexPetrovich99:           "yeah" :shoots a sly grin at reiner:

VBJunkie:         ::looks around to make sure they are safe::

AlexPetrovich99:           :maintains a firm grip on his sword and mace:

Tolmara:           (hold on folks, the software is acting up)

VBJunkie:         ((not sure we need the map updated at this point))

VBJunkie:         ((just need that thing laughing at us to stick its fool head out))

AlexPetrovich99:           (I concur with dave this time.unless it's truly

necessary,we can press ahead and get the map later,hm?)

RSwiftblade:     <------lays with his  sword

Tolmara:           (ok)

Tolmara:           (you're probably going to need the map at some point)

AlexPetrovich99:           (nods)

Tolmara:           (give me 10 minutes and I'll be back)

AlexPetrovich99:           (htfb :P)

RSwiftblade:     <-----starts to dance and ballances his sword on his head

Tolmara:           (all right I'll continue

Tolmara:           (this is ridiculous)

RSwiftblade:     ::stops dancing and goes back into a defensive position::

VBJunkie:         ::stops picking nose... rubs excess on Dantrags armor::

Tolmara:           The corridor extends for several feet westward and comes to a stop

80' west.  Two doors line the southern wall.  Another corridor intersects

with the passage and breaks to the south.

Tolmara:           At the end of the passage are a pair of bronze double doors, blown

apart.

VBJunkie:         "well lets follow the destruction"

VBJunkie:         "would seem a likely course"

AlexPetrovich99:           "At least the doors won't be trapped"

RSwiftblade:     "yes"

RSwiftblade:     (are they blown inward or outward?)

VBJunkie:         "i wouldnt be so sure"

Tolmara:           (outward)

VBJunkie:         "ill be jumping over the threshold"

Tolmara:           As you near the doors, you can hear a loud buzzing noise

VBJunkie:         "damn that infernal buzzing again"

RSwiftblade:     (similar to the buzzing from before?)

Tolmara:           (no)

Tolmara:           More like a horde of flies buzzing.

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "Aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

RSwiftblade:     "All right, time for action folks"

Tolmara:           She clutches her head as if in pain.  "The corruption of the One

Power is near!"

RSwiftblade:     "WE must now prepare to do battle"

VBJunkie:         "damn... where we shall slay it"

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "Through those doors, you must hurry!  Remember that no

magic can be used against the myrdraal lest you suffer the same fate as

Drenla!"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I have no magic to wield, fear not!"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Reiner..we need to flank it"

Tolmara:           Perrin:   "Who is this Drenla you speak of, m'lady?"

RSwiftblade:     ::reiner approaches ::

Tolmara:           Rhian:  (can't talk, she's clutching her head in pain)

AlexPetrovich99:           "Perin..if you can sneak a few in at it's backall the

better"

RSwiftblade:     "Let us begin...a prayer to the War Father"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Time to rage?"

Tolmara:           (ok, I really really need to map this out folks because if we're

going to do battle, you need to see it)

AlexPetrovich99:           ::joins Reiner as he leads us in prayer::

Tolmara:           (you need to see how the room is laid out and I can't do it as is

now)

AlexPetrovich99:           (ok..map away f00 :P )

VBJunkie:         ((ok cant fight you))

AlexPetrovich99:           (exactly..like dave said)

RSwiftblade:     "Give us strenght and courage...may we fight with honour  and

slay the evil before us!"

VBJunkie:         "maybe Solnor guide us to defeat this bastion of evil!" he adds

his determined cheer

VBJunkie:         (may)

VBJunkie:         (not maybe... blah)

RSwiftblade:     ::Reiner's eyes close and he is in deep meditation and you see

his eyes moving left and right under his lids::

RSwiftblade:     ::you  notice the veigns in his face start to corse and his

muscles start to throb slowly at first, then start to twitch::

AlexPetrovich99:           ::is lost in thought and prayer,gathering all his mental

and physical energy for the climactic confrontation::

RSwiftblade:     ::his breathing  begins to become heavy and drewel starts to

foam out of his mouth::

VBJunkie:         "hmmm losing control doesnt seem wise to me"

VBJunkie:         "our foe hasnt shown itself.... yet"

RSwiftblade:     ::you see beads of sweat start to come from his brow"

RSwiftblade:     ::

RSwiftblade:     ::his eyes fly open and you see one of the most determined

looks you have ever seen in his eyes"

RSwiftblade:     ::

RSwiftblade:     "I am ready, my lord"

Tolmara:           (ok I have to redraw the map later since some things are missing)

Tolmara:           (but I'm reloading it in a min)

 

RSwiftblade:     yeah it sucks

Tolmara:           when I move to Open, this won't ever happen again heheh

VBJunkie:         (maybe maybe not)

Tolmara:           (well actually Windows crashed so its not AOL's fault)

Tolmara:           (uploading the map)

VBJunkie:         (no need!)

VBJunkie:         (we beat the bad guy while you were gone)

VBJunkie:         (was tough.. but evil has been vanquished this day!)

Tolmara:           (refresh the map if you have it up)

AlexPetrovich99:           (abd)

Tolmara:           in one end of location 8, there is a throne on top of a dais

Tolmara:           in front of the throne is a pedestal on which is a purple cushion,

on top of which rests a glowing sphere of light

Tolmara:           Standing in front of the sphere of light is a tall humanoid figure

in black plate armor, wielding a terrible black two handed sword.  This

figure appears to be that of a handsome muscular human man, except it has no

eyes, no nose

Tolmara:           and only a thin line for a mouth.

VBJunkie:         "what in evil's name is that"

Tolmara:           Rhian can't bear to look at it, still clutching her head in pain.

Perrin takes one look at it and starts blabbering in fear.

Tolmara:           The figure takes no notice of you.  Surrounding the humanoid is a

reddish cloud, within which you can spot hundreds of ethereal mouths and

eyes, all of them seeking Perrin.

AlexPetrovich99:           "you just said it: evil"

Tolmara:           (init)

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  16

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  14

RSwiftblade:     (19)

AlexPetrovich99:           21

Tolmara:           The cloud seems hesitant, when it senses Rhian's presence.

RSwiftblade:     ::Reiner starts toward the figure::

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "You cannot slay a drinker-of-magic with weapons!  Only a

spell fueled with divine power can remove its stain from the earth!"

OnlineHost:       VBJunkie rolled 1 20-sided die:  15

VBJunkie:         (16)

Tolmara:           (21, Jer'ar)

VBJunkie:         "I hope i have that spell..."

VBJunkie:         "for it is a divine spell and a weapon"

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "You must keep the myrdraal and the drinker away from me

while I prepare the spell.  Otherwise I am lost as are you."

VBJunkie:         "then it shall be done"

RSwiftblade:     "With pleasure!"

Tolmara:           She begins her incantation, voice quavering in fear.  Perrin

continues blabbering.

VBJunkie:         ::moves protectively in front of her::

AlexPetrovich99:           :moves 5' to the right and in front of Rhian,taking up a

defensive posture:

VBJunkie:         ((seems like a female name to me right now))

RSwiftblade:     "I will keep it busy!"

Tolmara:           lol

Tolmara:           (19, Reiner)

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 2 20-sided dice:  19 2

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 2 20-sided dice:  16 17

RSwiftblade:     23, 24

Tolmara:           The myrdraal:  "You have brought an Aes Sedai witchling to the

master.  For that, you shall be rewarded with what you seek."

Tolmara:           (hit and hit)  (on what?)

RSwiftblade:     the figure

Tolmara:           (k)

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 2 8-sided dice:  5 7

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 8-sided die:  7

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 4-sided die:  4

Tolmara:           (All of you need to make a Will save.  Rhian succeeds

automatically.)

OnlineHost:       VBJunkie rolled 1 20-sided die:  8

Tolmara:           (total damage?)

RSwiftblade:     19

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  13

VBJunkie:         (17 will save)

RSwiftblade:     18 wis save

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 6-sided die:  5

RSwiftblade:     will

Tolmara:           (Jer'ar?)

Tolmara:           (Perrin fails Will save.)

Tolmara:           (automatically.)

Tolmara:           (Trayn fails, Reiner makes.  If you fail a Will save, you are at -2

on all rolls.)

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  2

VBJunkie:         (fink roller!)

AlexPetrovich99:           mad fail

Tolmara:           On 19 (it was holding its action), the myrdraal strikes with

blinding speed.

Tolmara:           First, it pins its sightless gaze on Perrin and extends a thin,

sharp talon at the hapless bard.  An ebony jet of black light streaks from

its finger and splits the bard's heart in twain.

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  16

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  3

Tolmara:           The bard crumples to dust, disintegrating before your eyes.

VBJunkie:         "Solnor protect us from this evil!"

Tolmara:           Rhian begins to chant, her voice increasing in intensity and power

with each passing syllable.

Tolmara:           The myrdraal:  "A proper payment for a willing slave.  If you

cannot be converted to the Master, you will be slain."

Tolmara:           It descends on Reiner in fury.

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 2 20-sided dice:  9 9

Tolmara:           (AC 22 and AC 17)

RSwiftblade:     "I do not fear you...the war father give me strength"

RSwiftblade:     one hits one misses

Tolmara:           (Fort save)

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  6

RSwiftblade:     15

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 6-sided die:  1

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 10-sided die:  4

Tolmara:           Swinging its blade with unnatural precision, the sightless horror

neatly carves a piece of flesh from Reiner's torso.  The wound it leaves

behind begins to fester with black purplish pus.

Tolmara:           The myrdrall:  "With this pound of flesh, my Master takes his due."

Tolmara:           (Trayn, 16)

VBJunkie:         ::casts a spell and touches Rhian:: (will step away if near the

attack range of the Myrdraal)

Tolmara:           On 2, the drinker-of-magic moves towards Rhian

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  5

VBJunkie:         "Protect Solnor!"

Tolmara:           The drinker attempts to overcome Rhian by enveloping her in its

cloud, and fails.

Tolmara:           (21, Jer'ar)

AlexPetrovich99:           :moves between the Myrdraal and Rhian,acting as a human

shield,and

RSwiftblade:     ::pours dips daggar in holy water::

AlexPetrovich99:           attacks the myrdraal's swrod:

RSwiftblade:     War father give me strength and costitution"

AlexPetrovich99:           (never did this before; wish me luck boys)

VBJunkie:         (just add +2 to everything and -2 to your ac)

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 2 20-sided dice:  19 10

Tolmara:           (one threat and one miss)

RSwiftblade:     (looks like a threat)

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  12

AlexPetrovich99:           19

Tolmara:           (not a crit)

AlexPetrovich99:           ?

AlexPetrovich99:           ac = better than a 19..oh well :P )

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 8-sided die:  6

Tolmara:           (you need to hit higher than AC 19 to roll a crit)

AlexPetrovich99:           10

Tolmara:           (severely wounded)

Tolmara:           (19, Reiner)

RSwiftblade:     raging, str and con bonus

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  5

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  17

Tolmara:           (miss and hit)

RSwiftblade:     18, 30

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 4-sided die:  3

RSwiftblade:     12

Tolmara:           (18 misses)

Tolmara:           (ok)

Tolmara:           (severely wounded)

RSwiftblade:     12 dam (dagger covered in holy water)

Tolmara:           On 19, the myrdraal presses its attack.

Tolmara:           (I know)

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 3 20-sided dice:  4 1 6

Tolmara:           (AC 17, miss and AC 10)

RSwiftblade:     miss on all

Tolmara:           (ok)

Tolmara:           (16, Trayn)

VBJunkie:         "Behold I call a blade of fire to come forth!"

VBJunkie:         ::casts a spell::

VBJunkie:         (a blade of flame does erupt from his hand... it burns with a

magical light)

VBJunkie:         interjects himself to protect his charge... done

Tolmara:           On 2, the drinker-of-magic attempts to overwhelm Rhian once more

and fails.

VBJunkie:         (cant attack this round imo)

Tolmara:           Rhian is still chanting, this time, weaving her hands faster and

faster as the chant overwhelms all sound in the room, including your own

efforts against the two creatures of Shadow.

Tolmara:           Her skin becomes even more translucent as a glowing nimbus of white

fire surrounds her form and radiates outward, diminishing the inky darkness

projected by the Myrdraal and its shadow-blade.

Tolmara:           (21, Jer'ar)

AlexPetrovich99:           repeats his last action

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 2 20-sided dice:  14 3

Tolmara:           (AC?)

AlexPetrovich99:           21,miss

Tolmara:           (both miss)

AlexPetrovich99:           ugh

Tolmara:           (19, Reiner)

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  2

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  14

RSwiftblade:     29

Tolmara:           (yep)

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 4-sided die:  4

RSwiftblade:     13

Tolmara:           (critically wounded)

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 3 20-sided dice:  7 7 12

Tolmara:           (AC 20, miss and AC 18)

RSwiftblade:     first hit

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 6-sided die:  1

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  3

RSwiftblade:     19

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 10-sided die:  8

Tolmara:           (16, Trayn)

VBJunkie:         ::attacks with his blade... on the myrdraal::

OnlineHost:       VBJunkie rolled 1 20-sided die:  17

VBJunkie:         (hits ac 20 vs touch)

VBJunkie:         (hmm ac 22 vs touch)

Tolmara:           (hit.  it gets no bonuses vs. attacks of a divine nature.)

Tolmara:           (not that it matters)

OnlineHost:       VBJunkie rolled 1 8-sided die:  6

VBJunkie:         does 7 hps magical fire damage

Tolmara:           As you strike, you find that your attacks penetrate its armor as if

it were bare as a newborn child.

Tolmara:           (critically wounded)

VBJunkie:         "Solnor strikes with holy fire"

VBJunkie:         he states boldy

VBJunkie:         boldly

Tolmara:           The myrdraal:  "I have claimed the souls of three wizards in this

life for the Master.  You have lost though you may win this day."

VBJunkie:         "and shall cleanse your evil from this place with fire from my

hand"

Tolmara:           On 2, the drinker-of-magic attacks Rhian and fails once again.

Tolmara:           Rhian's chant builds to a crescendo....

Tolmara:           (21, Jer'ar)

AlexPetrovich99:           "I don't think so"

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 2 20-sided dice:  16 10

AlexPetrovich99:           23;15

Tolmara:           As Jer'ar attacks, Rhian releases her spell, which does not appear

to do anything against the myrdraal, instead her body explodes into holy

white incandescent flames which quickly stream into your weapons as her voice

fills the room

Tolmara:           "Strike quickly and strike true.  As I sacrifice my life for the

One Power, I bequeath three gifts to you."

Tolmara:           (hit and hit)

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 8-sided die:  5

AlexPetrovich99:           9

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 6-sided die:  6

AlexPetrovich99:           10

AlexPetrovich99:           19 total

Tolmara:           The creature dies, the light of its unlife dying from its eyes.

AlexPetrovich99:           *erupts into a battle-crazed yell of triumph*

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "My gift will last once more during the next combat that

Reiner and Trayn shall meet.  My sacrifice is not in vain.  Now hear this:

VBJunkie:         ::listens::

Tolmara:           "You face two paths in this room this hour.  The globe of light on

the pedestal is holds the essences of the wizards' souls claimed by the

creature of darkness.

Tolmara:           "You may release their souls to the fate that would befall them

after their deaths, but if you do so, Drenla shall be dead forevermore.

Tolmara:           "You may return Drenla's soul to him, but if you do so, the lives

of those two others shall cease to exist on this plane and they too shall be

dead forevermore.

Tolmara:           "You may quit this place and move on to wheresoever you choose to

go, but if you do so, the life of my sister is forfeit.

VBJunkie:         "we must choose that which would benefit more than just one soul"

AlexPetrovich99:           "What would be the fate of the other two ? I cannot leave

your sister to these foul fiends"

Tolmara:           "Or you may, after you resolve the matter of Drenla's fate, search

on to find my sister who languishes in darkness and despair so deep that even

now I cannot save her."

AlexPetrovich99:           "Guys, I don't know about you, but I'm gonig to save the

girl"

VBJunkie:         "and in that turn I will have to let Drenla's soul suffer to save

the two others"

AlexPetrovich99:           *going

AlexPetrovich99:           "But Trayn,we know Drenla; what if the two others are of

evil inclination?"

Tolmara:           ((OOC:  in other words, in the next combat that Reiner and Trayn

have, add +12 to your attack rolls and double your damage, if you roll a 1

you automatically get a reroll.))

VBJunkie:         "and your sister shall not be forgotten"

Tolmara:           ((that's the extent of Rhian's gift.))

RSwiftblade:     "trayn, I will leave it to your wisdom"

VBJunkie:         "true... can you tell us of the other two?"

RSwiftblade:     ((gotta go....))

VBJunkie:         "are they worthy of Drenla's soul?"

VBJunkie:         ((think Perrin is one?))

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "The other two wizards are the mage known as Asflag and the

bard known as Perrin although his last name is not Celendil."

RSwiftblade:     ((wife insists))

Tolmara:           ((buh bye))

Tolmara:           ((hehhe))

AlexPetrovich99:           (ah crap..was Asflag good or an evil bastard? I can't

fuggin' remember)

Tolmara:           (you never met him)

VBJunkie:         ((ah well Asflag we talked to...))

AlexPetrovich99:           cya Al

VBJunkie:         ((thought we talked to his spirit?))

RSwiftblade:     send me the log when you decide

Tolmara:           (remember he died when you arrived in town)

Tolmara:           (yes but you never met him while he was alive)

VBJunkie:         ((right but he seemed to be fighting the evil orb thing till we

arrived))

Tolmara:           (yes)

VBJunkie:         ((didnt seem evil))

Tolmara:           (but remember that you don't know if he was ever evil or not.  he

kept monsters in his tower that threatened the town after his death)

VBJunkie:         ((and Perrin wasnt a bad guy so 2 to 1... Drenla doesnt trump him

already))

Tolmara:           (ah, but Perrin served the myrdraal by bringing you here.)

VBJunkie:         ((ooops))

VBJunkie:         ((well i wanted Drenlas char to suffer a final fate... serves the

player right))

AlexPetrovich99:           ( a most interesting dilemma..esp. seeing as Rhian pointed

out he wasn't quite who he claimed to be [Perrin] )

Tolmara:           (you can argue that he isn't evil because he was, as the myrdraal

said, "a 'willing' slave" so perhaps his will was subverted)

VBJunkie:         ((hmm well then Asflag is toast and Drenla is saved))

AlexPetrovich99:           (my thinking also)

VBJunkie:         ((Asflag seemed ok with his fate so I feel ok about his getting

stuck in torment-town))

Tolmara:           (and Drenla, although he wasn't a good person on the up-and-up,

only became evil when he was exposed to the myrdraal and the

drinker-of-magic.  the two Darkfiends accentuated the self-serving parts of

his personality.)

VBJunkie:         ((is there a door #3 or a box somewhere?))

VBJunkie:         : )

Tolmara:           (lol)

Tolmara:           (well, one of the questions this campaign discusses is, what

exactly is evil and why does it exist?)

AlexPetrovich99:           (rotfl if it were only so easy,hm?)

Tolmara:           (so you see, there's the philosophy for you in the form of this

dilemma, in this game)

VBJunkie:         ((how about we save Asflag and Perrin but stick a scorpion in his

boot before we got to bed?))

Tolmara:           (no rush folks.  but you need to make the decision soon.)

AlexPetrovich99:           evil exists to maintain the need for goodness,otherwise

everything in this life would be taken fro granted,and held to little or no

value without it's inherent mirror,i.e. evil

AlexPetrovich99:           as for the very definiton of evil, that is an answer only

capable of being given on a situational basis

VBJunkie:         ((well Drenla is out... he is considered an evil person in league

with these peeps))

VBJunkie:         ((ack i mean Perrin))

Tolmara:           (so save Drenla and go save the other Aes Sedai?)

VBJunkie:         ((hopefully drenla can redeem himself in the future))

AlexPetrovich99:           (that's my vote,aye)

VBJunkie:         aye

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "Then by the One Power that resides in this world and all

other worlds, let it be done!"

VBJunkie:         Asflag was an old fart anyway

VBJunkie:         and worse he'd want his stuff back

VBJunkie:         can't have that

VBJunkie:         : )

AlexPetrovich99:           ehehehe

AlexPetrovich99:           ehehehehehe

Tolmara:           The white sphere of light vanishes, and the bottom pops out from

under you.  When you open your eyes, you appear back in your rooms, in

Wintershivven, in the inn.

Tolmara:           And Drenla is sound asleep on his bed.  Rhian and Perrin are

nowhere to be found.

VBJunkie:         "hey"

VBJunkie:         "we've been brought back here"

AlexPetrovich99:           (ok Trayn,is this live,or is it memorex?)

Tolmara:           (this is live)

VBJunkie:         "this strange magic is becoming quite confusing"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I guess we succeeded in the first part of our mission..

now to go and save the girl"

VBJunkie:         "I much prefer the more direct spells I get from my lord"

AlexPetrovich99:           "But first,I suggest we grab ourselves some sleep; it's

been a long and stressful day"

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "Before I go, I would like to leave one final gift for you.

I will answer to the best of my knowledge, any one question each of you have

as to your quest."

Tolmara:           ((OOC:  that means, one from Trayn, one from Jer'ar, one from

Morti, one from Reiner and one from Lythar))

AlexPetrovich99:           (hmm.. do we have to answer this right away,or do we get

time to think it over

AlexPetrovich99:           ?)

VBJunkie:         "yes please... we need direction"

Tolmara:           ((ppl who won't be accompanying us to Open RPG need to hand in

their questions during the week))

VBJunkie:         ((they will just ask for the upcoming Lotto #'s))

Tolmara:           ((no rush on this, next session will begin with the aftermath of

this scenario.))

Tolmara:           ((lol))

AlexPetrovich99:           "May we confer before we go off asking our questions?)

AlexPetrovich99:           *"

Tolmara:           (yes)

VBJunkie:         "how shall we get a hold of you Rhian?"

VBJunkie:         "or are you here when you wish?"

AlexPetrovich99:           (oh thank-goodness.. I'd hate to maybe waste such a huge

gift)

VBJunkie:         "persisting in the nether realm of life and death?"

Tolmara:           (OOC:  She has to hang around until you ask your questions, so if

you do next game session, that's fine.  but she can't hang around forever.

means if you wait a week, its ok)

AlexPetrovich99:           ok

VBJunkie:         k

Tolmara:           (I'm going to fast forward a bit.  If you wait until next week to

ask your questions, I'll return to this moment in time and then jump forward

again.)

Tolmara:           (but before I do...)

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "To give you a bit of direction, since you asked for it,

here is one piece of this puzzle:

Tolmara:           "My sister lies inside a wizard's castle on an island far to the

south of Wylund, near the pirate holds known as Vesicant and Scrape.  Where I

know not exactly.  Your road will take you to the city of Highkeep from where

you may be

Tolmara:           able to procure a ship that will take you there.  You may venture

on your own accord, but you may if you wish, also cultivate the knowledge of

Xavick, Tarth and Shagath, the three merchants who although are merchants, do

not sell in

Tolmara:           goods of legal barter."

VBJunkie:         ::looks down on that information::

AlexPetrovich99:           hmmm

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "You do not have a great deal of time, and yet you have as

much time as you need.  Her life is not in danger...yet, but it may be very

soon.  Her spells are such that the wizard who holds her in thrall has yet to

pierce her

Tolmara:           warding cage, and yet with each passing day her will grows weaker

and weaker.  So you have time, and you do not have time.  I am sorry if this

does not help much."

AlexPetrovich99:           "Actually,that's a big help"

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "Another choice befalls you.  If you choose not to go to

the City of Sevenscore Secrets, you may if you wish go to Griffonsmere, where

there is a sea mage who may be able to transport you near the island wherein

my sister

Tolmara:           languishes.  The name of this mage is Nbod, and he runs an inn of

disrepute in the Trades Quarter of the city."

Tolmara:           Let's move to Open

Tolmara:           might as well.

Tolmara:           (closing log)


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms