Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
9 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
7 Guests
Registered Users: ConnieOmign, StevenRuita


Back to Damrosil Logs
Lunauc:

 

Lunauc:            (cool)

Tolmara:           (log is open)

RSwiftblade:     (Is there a vessel that can hold water in the room?)

Tolmara:           (hold for room description)

AlexPetrovich99:           ::looks for dirt or water to try to put out the fire::

AlexPetrovich99:           (whops.sorry)

Tolmara:           As before, the door to this room was smashed.  A line of bellpulls

is attached to the NE wall.  In the center of the chamber stands a polished

table with chairs.  Two cabinets stand against the walls.

Tolmara:           The cabinets are closed.

Tolmara:           There is a half-eaten corpse of a small donkey lying next to the

creature's body.

Tolmara:           A white tablecloth lies crumpled in the corner of the room.

Tolmara:           There doesn't seem to be anything sufficient in size to hold water,

although you recall having seen a washtub in the kitchen.

Tolmara:           (end)

Lunauc:            (quick, use the beast's corpse to beat out the flame!!)

Lunauc:            (hehe)

Trayn of Solnor:            "darn it that flame is getting out of control"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::looks for dirt/water to put it out with::

Lunauc:            :-( "Uh... oh.... didn't know it was that strong..."

RSwiftblade:     "Go get that washtub in the kitchen"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::runs for the tub::

AlexPetrovich99:           ::fills it and returns::

Trayn of Solnor:            leaves and looks for a tapestry or rug to smother the

flames

Tolmara:           (it's actually fairly large and heavy, but you manage to get it to

the room)

RSwiftblade:     ::joins Je'rar:: On the count of three we will empty the water

onto the flame"

Lunauc:            ::takes a look around the room, quickly finding the table cloth and

tries to beat down the flames while they retrieve the tub::

AlexPetrovich99:           "On 1,..

AlexPetrovich99:           2...

Trayn of Solnor:            "we could wet a tapestry or something and then smother the

flames" as he looks

AlexPetrovich99:           3"

RSwiftblade:     "Wait"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::holds in mid-motion::

RSwiftblade:     "Ok Trayn, give it a shot"

RSwiftblade:     "How about with the table cloth?"

Lunauc:            ::keeps beating at the fire with said table cloth... oblivious::

RSwiftblade:     "Morti, give trayn the table cloth"

Trayn of Solnor:            "dunk it in the water"

Trayn of Solnor:            he does this himself

Tolmara:           (Eventually you manage to get the fire under control.)

Lunauc:            "Huh?" ::Stops to look back at the others upon hearing his nameand

tosses the cloth to trayn::

Lunauc:            (and that ends todays chinese fire drill)

RSwiftblade:     ::pats morti on back and smiles:: "Always expect the unexpected

with young Mortimer..." ::laughs::

Tolmara:           A moment later, the flames are suddenly extinguished as runes

embedded in the floor and ceiling glimmer for a second before fading away.

Trayn of Solnor:            "hmmm what was that?"

Lunauc:             :-\  ::glances nervously up at the laughing barbarian::

RSwiftblade:     ::stops laughing:: "What was that?"

Lunauc:            "Alchemists fire"

Trayn of Solnor:            "no the flashing.. I think it was magical runes"

Lunauc:            ::strolling away afew steps to look about the room, not really

wanting to be chastized::

RSwiftblade:     "Drenla do ye have an idea what that was? It seems to be a

glyph of some sort"

Lunauc:            "Huh?"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "Um, uhmmm....er..., I think the tower m..m..might be

w-warded against th-the elements."

RSwiftblade:     "Good....I agree, thank you"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "It would make sense of c-c-course.  We are in a

w-w-wizard''s tower and his home."

RSwiftblade:     ::smiles at the wizard::

Trayn of Solnor:            "maybe... or its something else... I guess we won't know

until we see it again"

RSwiftblade:     "Well where do we go next Trayn?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Wizard stuff...." I mutter

Lunauc:            ::Scratching at his neck, shrugs at the consideration that at least

it keeps fools from burning down the man's home::

Trayn of Solnor:            "we go to rest... I am out of spells"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Rest in here? Hmph!"

RSwiftblade:     "Aye seems like a good idea"

Trayn of Solnor:            (at least i think i am)

AlexPetrovich99:           "Reiner..we better take up watches.. I dislike this foul

place"

Lunauc:            ::glancing to the priest, thinks, 'wouldn't it be a bad idea to  let

this killer mummy thing live longer though' ::

Trayn of Solnor:            "finding a bedroom would be nice... or some couches"

RSwiftblade:     "I will take the first watch with Je'rar"

Lunauc:            0.0 "You want to sleep here?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Picky,aren't we?" laughs for a few seconds if that

RSwiftblade:     "Is that ok with you?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I'm fine ith that,but you and I might want to take

diferent watches, as we're the only two here adept at combat"

AlexPetrovich99:           (at least,I'm guesing so; I don't really know much about

Sith)

Trayn of Solnor:            "being alerted will be enough for all of us to defend each

other"

RSwiftblade:     "Now, now, we are all capable in our own ways"

Lunauc:            ::Looks around at them dumbfounded::

RSwiftblade:     "Well shall we move this beast or ourselves to another

location?"

Trayn of Solnor:            "move ourselves.. this is not a comfortable room"

RSwiftblade:     "The corps will start to stink in several hours"

RSwiftblade:     e

RSwiftblade:     "By the way Je'rar, you were fine in combat against that beast"

Trayn of Solnor:            "downstairs will be adequate"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Reiner..before we rest,care to spar a little; I know

you've mentioned getting to learn using the two-weapon attack like I use"

Lunauc:            ::moves back away from the conversation, rolling some things over in

his mind about their decision to rest::

AlexPetrovich99:           "and..thanks"

Lunauc:            :-[

RSwiftblade:     "Well lets find a place for the others are not comfortable

here"

RSwiftblade:     "Trayn, where do you suggest?"

Lunauc:            ::timidly, he mutters:: "What about the witch?"

Trayn of Solnor:            "the main floor.."

RSwiftblade:     "In due time Morti..."

RSwiftblade:     "We will follow your lead..."

AlexPetrovich99:           "I don't think we'll find her here Morti,and I think we're

really going to need the priest's powers when we confront the mummy"

Lunauc:            "But.... that thing... said she was hurt..."

AlexPetrovich99:           "Best we deal with the immediate threat first"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::walkso ff to the side of Morti::

AlexPetrovich99:           :soft voice; "It's ok, ~ we'll save her"

RSwiftblade:     "We cannot save her if our abilities are spent young one...we

must rest"

AlexPetrovich99:           :clasps his back and gives him a firm pat

Lunauc:            ::biting his lip to steel himself speaks more confidently than

usual:: "And what if she is here, hurt and scared? We're suppose to just

leave her waiting?"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::walks of to spar with Reiner for a little while::

Trayn of Solnor:            ((well if my notes are correct i do have one more healing

spell))

AlexPetrovich99:           "Morti.if we're too banged up, we might not be able to help

her anyway"

RSwiftblade:     ((I have some healing spells))

Lunauc:            "But what if we're too late?"

Trayn of Solnor:            "I've reconsidered.. we should come to the aid of this

woman"

RSwiftblade:     "Morti, we have no fate but the fate we are given"

AlexPetrovich99:           [ ummguys? I have to go and pick my ball and chain from

work at 9; I'll have to leave around 8:30ish so I can get the kids dresed and

in the car]

Trayn of Solnor:            "regardless of the dangers it may bring to us"

RSwiftblade:     (Stan how many hours are we going on?)

Tolmara:           (8:30 is fine then.)

RSwiftblade:     (Stan...are we tired?)

Tolmara:           (I was hoping to do until 9, but if Mike has to leave, then he has

to leave.)

Tolmara:           ((speak for yourself Alfred))

RSwiftblade:     ((no no in game))

RSwiftblade:     (is the party tired)

Lunauc:            (we've only been in the house an hour or so, and I doubt that long

even)

Lunauc:            (seems a little silly to take nap time)

Tolmara:           (well it is about 4 in the morning.  remember you decided to check

out his tower the evening of the day you received your commission as

constables of Wintershivven.)

RSwiftblade:     ((So we are DEFINATELY tired))

Trayn of Solnor:            ((we are deadbeat tired))

RSwiftblade:     "No no...I am quite tired and would like to rest"

Lunauc:            "Fine then. you rest."

Lunauc:            :: heads back toward the kitchen::

RSwiftblade:     (We can rest for about six hours)

AlexPetrovich99:           "Morti?"

RSwiftblade:     "Are you not tired Morti...it is about 4 in the morning"

Lunauc:            (ok, but yer not gonna get morti to stop, he's not very sensable)

AlexPetrovich99:           "I suggest you don't go out of sight; I'd hate to see you

get jumped by something and not have the time for us to be able to save you"

Lunauc:            "I've gone days without sleeping before, one night isn't gonna kill

me"

RSwiftblade:     ::pulls out manacles from backpack:: "Are you going to force me

to use these?"

Trayn of Solnor:            "well I shall pray for the woman... that she can hold until

we find her.. let us rest"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I suppose we could always conk you over the head.."

Lunauc:            ::freezes at the sight of the manacles, trembling a bit as he goes

silent::

AlexPetrovich99:           :chuckles,making sure Morti sees he's not being overly

serious:

RSwiftblade:     "Come here and find a spot on the floor ...you need yer rest"

Tolmara:           (I'm going to fast forward until the morning, btw.)

Lunauc:            ::shakes his head looking away:: "I don't need to sleep. I need to

find her, before we can't help her." :'(

Tolmara:           ((but feel free to RP as much as you care to.))

Trayn of Solnor:            ((would heal someone injured before he sleeps/takes watch))

Lunauc:            (dang, can't leave the kitten upstairs either)

Trayn of Solnor:            looks around for the injured...

RSwiftblade:     ::sternly::"Sit down and take some sleep"

RSwiftblade:     "I can see that you are tired....now do not be difficult morti"

AlexPetrovich99:           (umm hety Stan..roll-call of the injured and wounded?)

Lunauc:            ::glances to the doorm then back to reiner, and the manacles

dangling in his hand. still trembling at the sight of them, he turns away,

wearily nodding as he takes a seat to rest::

RSwiftblade:     ::turns to the rest of the party:: "Who is injured here?"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::checks himself over::

AlexPetrovich99:           ...........

RSwiftblade:     "Thank you, morti...we will continue after we have slept"

AlexPetrovich99:           [read: can't find the bloody sheet I was using last week to

keep track of that]

Lunauc:            (jer'ar mostly I'd say)

Tolmara:           ((if we went by last session, Je'rar is within a few hit points of

being knocked unconscious.  Not sure who else.  In any event, Dantrag is in

player limbo.))

Trayn of Solnor:            /me cures Je'rar before resting

AlexPetrovich99:           "I'm leaking a little.." grins weakly

OnlineHost:       Trayn of Solnor rolled 1 8-sided die:  8

Trayn of Solnor:            ((11 hps healing))

AlexPetrovich99:           ((whoohoo oh yeah!))

AlexPetrovich99:           "Thanks..at least I'm not feeling like I'm about to fall

over now"

RSwiftblade:     "Je'rar, let me help as well"

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 8-sided die:  8

AlexPetrovich99:           "Thank-you my brother"

RSwiftblade:     11pts

Trayn of Solnor:            gives two minor spells to the slightly injured (two 1 hps

each for Trayn's minions)

Trayn of Solnor:            : )

AlexPetrovich99:           ::checks himself to see if all of my wounds have in fact

been healed::

Lunauc:            ::reaches into his pocket for something to eat, and finds the

caramel treat that reiner'd given him, which he'd shared with...:: "The

cat..."

Trayn of Solnor:            ::takes a watch and sleeps::

RSwiftblade:     "Give thanks to the War Father for his gift of healing"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::looks him solemnly in the eye::

Lunauc:            ::spends the time trying to sleep, somewhat unsuccessfully as he

worries over the witch and the cat::

AlexPetrovich99:           "Yes"

RSwiftblade:     "So show me how you do it....I have practiced but cannot get

the two hands to work well together"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::gives prayer to the WarFather,trying to emulate the

prayers that he's heard Reiner use::

RSwiftblade:     "My father taught me this style, but I have never really

perfected it"

RSwiftblade:     brb

Tolmara:           In the morning, you wake, gagging to the sickly sweet odor of

rotting flesh.  It's not quite strong, perhaps because you're not at the

source of the stench, but still, it carries from several feet away.

Tolmara:           ((I'm assuming you holed up for the night in the kitchen or in the

entry chamber at the foot of the stairs.))

Lunauc:            ::having bee awake for a while, still sitting in the same spot, not

daring to move as the manacles still sat out, watches a couple of the others

wake up to the stench::

Lunauc:            ((that would be the sensible thing.... lets go with that))

Tolmara:           ((so what now?))

Trayn of Solnor:            ::prays::

Lunauc:            ::submissively waits for them to rise and decide what to do, hoping

thy'll search for the girl::

Trayn of Solnor:            "lets ready ourselves and journey to the top of the tower"

Trayn of Solnor:            "I am nearly ready"

Tolmara:           ((ok))

AlexPetrovich99:           "Ok..is evrybody all set?" ::checks his weapons and gear::

Lunauc:            (go back up, when we haven't finished downstairs?"

Lunauc:            )

RSwiftblade:     back

RSwiftblade:     ::Prays::

RSwiftblade:     "Aye::

Trayn of Solnor:            ((downstairs can wait))

AlexPetrovich99:           "Reiner..a few quick pointers on the 2-weapon technique?"

RSwiftblade:     "Ok"

Lunauc:            ((::shrug::))

Lunauc:            ((heh... forgot that makes a smilry face)

RSwiftblade:     ::swings and shows his technique to Je'rar"

RSwiftblade:     :

AlexPetrovich99:           "Hmm.. hold your left hand higher..its a bit too low for

any suden counters and thrusts"

RSwiftblade:     "Ah...good...that makes sense...feels better too"

Lunauc:            (so are we in the kitchen now?)

Tolmara:           You emerge from the cellar entry way and climb to the tower

library.  When you get to the spiral staircase leading to the library, you

spot the tabby curled up at the foot of the steps.

Lunauc:            (guess not)

RSwiftblade:     ::smiles::"Thank you my brother...that might just work"

Tolmara:           ((I'm moving things along folks.))

RSwiftblade:     ((ok))

AlexPetrovich99:           "You're very welcome..anything to help a fellow follower of

the warFather"

Lunauc:            ::seeing the cat, the dour mood he'd held out night seems to lift,

as he hurries to the animal, kneling beisde it:: "Hey, yer alright"

Tolmara:           It wakes up with a plaintive meow.

Tolmara:           It sniffs the air for a second and purrs, rubbing up against

Morti's leg.

Lunauc:            :-)  "Hehe... I was worried about you." ::holding out a bit of his

rations from his pocket::

Tolmara:           IT nibbles on the rations a bit.

Lunauc:            ::picks the animal up carefulwhile feeding it and looks back to the

others::

Trayn of Solnor:            "where is that witch per se... lets continue looking"

Trayn of Solnor:            "she sounded like she was in trouble to me"

Lunauc:            ::under his breath:: "Then maybe we should've looked for her

sooner::

RSwiftblade:     ::pulls out a piece of dried venison and starts to eat

it::"Right behind you...(smack smack)... Drenla would you like a piece of

venison...tis flavouful and spicy"

RSwiftblade:     "Je'rar ?"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "Er..no, thank y-y-you."

AlexPetrovich99:           "Hmm..sure" smiles:

Tolmara:           You emerge into the tower library.  The globe of light is still

there.

Trayn of Solnor:            "its a nice cat... but let stay on task if we can"

Lunauc:            ::follows behind the others up into the library::

RSwiftblade:     (the taste is sweet with a hint of garlic, pepper, rosemary and

thyme)

Tolmara:           In the far off corner of the room is a spiral staircase that leads

up.

AlexPetrovich99:           "Mmm very tasty Reiner..thanks"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Is that Garlic? Good stuff"

Lunauc:            ::looking around the books, murmurs:: "I should probably read some

of these. Arinth said I should learn more."

RSwiftblade:     "We can let the others do the investigative work"

Lunauc:            ::letting the animal down on the ground, as he gets his crossbow

ready:: "We're going up now, right?"

RSwiftblade:     "Well TRayn what are ya waitin fer?

AlexPetrovich99:           ::holds his weapons at the ready,making sure his armor is

on and well-fitted::

RSwiftblade:     "

Trayn of Solnor:            "to get us all collected... lets go"

RSwiftblade:     "we are here"

Trayn of Solnor:            ::goes up the staircase::

Tolmara:           (hold for room description)

Lunauc:            ::leaving a piece of jerked beef with the cat give it final stroke,

warining:: "Stay here. we'll be back" ::Follows upstairs::

Tolmara:           The stairs from the library rise 50' into a circular chamber

constructed entirely out of gray stone.  There appears to be no other exit

from the chamber.  In the middle of the floor, which is smooth and otherwise

featureless, is a

Tolmara:           large circle of what seems to be powdered jewel dust that has been

sprinkled into the stone itself.  In the center of the circle is a gray stone

pedestal on top of which is a shining, glowing glass sphere.

Tolmara:           Lying next to the pedestal is the unconscious body of a middle-aged

human man in golden brown robes.

Tolmara:           (end)

Lunauc:            ::blinking dumbly:: "Well that looks important"

Trayn of Solnor:            "heh"

Lunauc:            ::then looking down at the man, "You don't think he's the witch...

do you?" ::a bit more dumbly::

Trayn of Solnor:            "well this is unexpected"

RSwiftblade:     "what is this? "

RSwiftblade:     "Any thoughts Trayn...Drenla?"

Trayn of Solnor:            "well regardless... lets wake him up... if he's lucky

enough to be sleeping"

Lunauc:            ::strolls over, careful to stay outside of the circle, looking the

scene over, calling to the man:: "Uh... are you alive?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I wonder hat that dust is for?"

Tolmara:           Drenla (eyes narrowed):  "Something strange about all of this."

AlexPetrovich99:           *whatthat

RSwiftblade:     "I would not touch it if I were you Je'rar"

Tolmara:           Drenla (murmuring):  "Hm."

Lunauc:            ::scratches his head::

Lunauc:            "Drenla. can I borrow your stick?"

Trayn of Solnor:            "yes this smells of strange magic"

Tolmara:           He taps his staff on the floor of the chamber and peers around, as

if searching for something.

AlexPetrovich99:           "I didn't plan to.." ::steps well awayfrom the whole

thing::

RSwiftblade:     "What say you Drenla?"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "I...I...I think the sphere contains the answer, but do

not look t-t-too closely."

Lunauc:            "Is it safe to enter the circle?"

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  1

Trayn of Solnor:            "well I shall enter the circle if it is desired"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "That would depend on who you are."  He glances at Je'rar.

"For him and the horselord, it's safe.  In fact, safer."

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "I think I shall not."

Lunauc:            "huh?"

RSwiftblade:     "Is it a magical weapon?"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "The sphere is a scrying device.  It's what the sphere

shows that worries me."

RSwiftblade:     "What does it show Drenla?"

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  7

Lunauc:            "oh.... is that what the short guy wanted?" ::thiking for a second::

"Or did he want the dinnerware?"

Tolmara:           The mage does not answer you, instead his gaze is fixed onto the

crystal sphere which seems to be shimmering brighter than before.  You can

spot beads of sweat forming on his brow.

Trayn of Solnor:            "hmm he is entranced by it"

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  3

RSwiftblade:     ::shakes Drenla::

Lunauc:            ::pokes Drenla in the side:: "Hey, did he want that or the

dinnerware?"

Trayn of Solnor:            "by the sphere"

RSwiftblade:     "Snap out of it"

Lunauc:            "Huh?"

Trayn of Solnor:            ::walks forward and interposes his shield with the mans

gaze on the sphere::

Tolmara:           With a scream, Drenla buckles to the ground, letting go of his

staff and collapses, unconscious.

AlexPetrovich99:           ""goes to drag Drenla away::

Lunauc:            "Drenla?!"

Tolmara:           His staff falls to the floor and the light inside the sphere atop

the staff dies.

Tolmara:           The crystal sphere atop the pedestal glows even brighter than

before.

Lunauc:            ::looks to the sphere nervously:: "Wha-what...?"

RSwiftblade:     ::Concentrates around the room::

Trayn of Solnor:            ::checks on Drenla's health"

RSwiftblade:     "There is great evil within the sphere"  ::Reiner holds his

head as he says that::

Lunauc:            "Should we break it?"

RSwiftblade:     "It is quite painful actually"

Trayn of Solnor:            "he is barely alive"

Lunauc:            ::looks back to drenla, worried::

Lunauc:            ::then down at his staff, the life apparently gone from it as well::

RSwiftblade:     "arggg...it is that black pearl....the thief is dead... and

there arebones everywhere"

Trayn of Solnor:            ::heals the man::

Lunauc:            "What're you talking about?"

Lunauc:            :-\

OnlineHost:       Trayn of Solnor rolled 1 20-sided die:  6

RSwiftblade:     "Morti...arggg...do not look within...it is dangerous for your

kind"

Lunauc:            "Within whah?"

Lunauc:            "uh.... okay"

RSwiftblade:     "It has an evil that I have never encountered before....very

strong"

Lunauc:            "So we should break it then?"

RSwiftblade:     "It spies on us as we stand here...."

Trayn of Solnor:            "he is ok... at least physically"

RSwiftblade:     ::removes his cloak::

Trayn of Solnor:            "cover that sphere... if we can"

RSwiftblade:     ::throws it over the skying device::

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  2

Lunauc:            ::looks around confused for a second:: "Um... is hearing that thing

talk a bad sign?"

RSwiftblade:     "Yes it is"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I think we should destroy this thing,but how to do it?"

Tolmara:           Morti glances at the sphere for just a split second, and in

response the sphere flares a bright light....and then cracks and shatters.

Trayn of Solnor:            "i could try a few things... I have no idea if they will

work"

Trayn of Solnor:            "or... leave it ot Morti"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Morti..what the hell did you just do man?"

Lunauc:            ::flinches at the sudden destruction:: "Uh.... nothin"

RSwiftblade:     ::looks at the other mage::

Lunauc:            "I didn't even look at it, not really. reiner told me not to."

RSwiftblade:     "War Father, there is foul magic at work here...give me the

strength to resist the evil!"

RSwiftblade:     ::checks on Drenla and the robed figure::

Trayn of Solnor:            "well search around here for the woman... she may be

secreted someplace"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Yes"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::starts earching ,methodically::

Lunauc:            ::moves over to pick up drenla's staff, hoping not to get hurt by it

so he can bring it over to the wounded mag::

Tolmara:           (Je'rar, Search check)

Lunauc:            (it didn't seem to power down, so to speak, right?)

Tolmara:           (yes)

Lunauc:            ::brings the staff over and lies it beside the unconcious mage,

placing his hand on it,

Lunauc:            "Know it's important to ya"

Tolmara:           As you recover from your state of shock, you spot the image of a

middle-aged man in golden brown robes rise up from the body of the mage by

the pedestal.

Trayn of Solnor:            "Holy Solnor!" he states in shock

RSwiftblade:     "Aye Drenla, I will save you"

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  10

Tolmara:           The image glances around the room and gazes at the tabby fondly,

moments after the tabby enters the room.

Lunauc:            "Heh?" ::suddenly looks up to the man::

AlexPetrovich99:           11

Tolmara:           Asflag's spirit:  "Thank you, friends for coming to my aid, even

though it is too late for me."

RSwiftblade:     "We are sorry that we could not have been here sooner"

Trayn of Solnor:            ::curses politely::

Lunauc:            ::cocks his head in confusion, whispers to trayn:: "Who's he?"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::motions to Trayn and Reiner to do the talking,as they're

both priests::

Tolmara:           Asflag's spirit:  "Do not trouble yourselves too much, for as a

friend of yours likes to say, you have no fate but the Fate you are born

with."

RSwiftblade:     "Would you like us to administer last rights over your body?"

Trayn of Solnor:            ((examples: holes in my cheese! ... well if i didn't just

stub my toe..))

Tolmara:           Asflag's spirit:  "Yes, of course, but I have things to pass on to

you before I depart for the next life."

RSwiftblade:     "Aye, we are listening"

Lunauc:            "Its not gas is it?"

Lunauc:            "My Brother use to make that joke"

RSwiftblade:     ::sternly to Morti:: "Ye must have respect for the dead Morti"

Trayn of Solnor:            "we are listening.. I'll try not to be sorry for your Fate

as you have requested"

Lunauc:            :-\ "Dead?"

RSwiftblade:     "This is a spirit we speak with..."

Tolmara:           Asflag's spirit:  "I was prevented from passing on to the next life

by the creature that inhabits the pearl that you spied within the sphere.

Lunauc:            ::takes a moment, but finally realizes:: "Oh... like Rhian"

RSwiftblade:     "A  very evil being indeed"

Tolmara:           It is a creature that seeks to feed on magic, but not the magic of

priests and clergy.  It seeks to feed on magic from wizards and arcane

sources.

Trayn of Solnor:            ::shows respect for the spirit and builds disgust for the

sphere::

Tolmara:           It is however, vulnerable to certain types of magic, such as those

from sorcerers and channelers.  Channelers such as an Aes Sedai."

Lunauc:            "You mean like the witch?! You know where she is?"

RSwiftblade:     ::looks at morti and understands why he was not affected::

Tolmara:           Asflag's spirit:  "I was doing research at the command of the

Master of the Citadel.  I had sent another adventuring party on a

fact-finding mission, and also because I had need of a spell component.

Tolmara:           They were to investigate an area known as the Killing Keep, the

name of a dungeon not far from here.  I had heard that within the dungeon

resided a creature with powers that approximated the drinker-of-magic that I

described to you

RSwiftblade:     "This is a bad omen..."

Tolmara:           just now.  I thought that this party could handle it with no

problem.  I was clearly mistaken.  I had given them an item to summon aid

should they have need of it from me.  When I glanced at the sphere which I

used to track their

Tolmara:           movements, the drinker-of-magic attacked me.  But by then, the

party had fled, and the thief had died in a trap."

Tolmara:           "As you can see, I lost the battle with the drinker-of-magic.  And

I would have been trapped here for some time more had you not happened into

this room and broken the connection."

RSwiftblade:     ::listening to the spirit and tending to Drenla::

Lunauc:            ::scratching at his chest, he understands most of what the spirit

talks about::

Tolmara:           Asflag's spirit:  "So now, my time is short before I walk with Lady

Death.  If you be heroes, seek to put to rest this drinker-of-magic, before

it escapes its present lair and

RSwiftblade:     "How?"

Tolmara:           enters the world, for if it does, no mage or wizard will live for

long.  You have the instrument of its destruction in your hands."

Trayn of Solnor:            "I may be able to use the staff to destroy it?" he

questions

Tolmara:           Asflag's spirit:  "Not the staff.  Your friend, the sorcerer."  It

points to Lunauc.

Trayn of Solnor:            "what of divine magic?"

RSwiftblade:     "We must keep him safe..."

Lunauc:            ::completely clueless now, just looks at the spirit, then down into

his hands, mumbles:: "Never knew My crossbow was so powerful..."

Lunauc:            ::scratches head::

Tolmara:           Asflag's spirit:  "The staff is a powerful ter'angreal, useable

only in the hands of channeler or one who has passed a Test of the Citadel.

In order to use the staff, if you have not been gifted the staff, you must

overcome

Tolmara:           it by a battle of wits."

Lunauc:            (guess morti'll never have one... sobs)

Tolmara:           Asflag's spirit:  "Divine magic is useful against creatures of the

Shadow, but not a drinker-of-magic.  Fear not, walker of Light, it has no

power against you."

RSwiftblade:     (wits...ok we are in trouble)

RSwiftblade:     "We must keep Drenla away from it"

AlexPetrovich99:           "But if Drenla's the only one qwho can destroy it.."

RSwiftblade:     "No...it is Morti...you saw what happened"

Tolmara:           Asflag's spirit:  "Ah, she is waiting for me."  He glances at you.

"I promise you, we shall meet again and again.  Twice more we shall meet

before I go to my eternal rest.  This is not the moment of parting."

Lunauc:            ::nods then looks back up to jer'ar:: "He is?"

Trayn of Solnor:            ::me nods::

AlexPetrovich99:           "I meant to say if you,Morti , are the only one.

Lunauc:            "Ur.... alright... see ya later than." ::waves tentatively at the

spirit::

AlexPetrovich99:           forgive me but I was overcome by themoment"

Trayn of Solnor:            "then we await our next meeting... go onward and start your

new journey"

RSwiftblade:     "Aye...have peace wizard"  ::sprinkles holy water over the

body::

Lunauc:            "If I'm the only one who whah?" :: stares oddly at jer'ar::

Tolmara:           Asflag's spirit:  "Remember, he -- ::pointing to Lunauc:: -- can

destroy the drinker-of-magic, with either the staff or his magic.  There is

much afoot in the world and the time of coming will soon be at hand."

AlexPetrovich99:           "WEell he just said you're the one who has to defeat it,mr

sorceror"

RSwiftblade:     "As Rhian said Morti, you have a gift and now you have a

powerful advisary"

Lunauc:            ::No idea why they keep saying these things about him:: "I really

don't think you guys know what yer talking about."

RSwiftblade:     "Ye are what we call a natural shaaman... a very unique one"

Trayn of Solnor:            "hmmm well we shall do as you ask"

AlexPetrovich99:           "To think..all that magical power trapped within him..

ehehe Morti boy, I neevr would've guessed you had it in you"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::big smile at the thought:

Tolmara:           The image of the wizard walks to the foot of the stairs and takes

someone's hand.  "Moiraine, my bond and counsel, I bequeath to you --

Lunauc:            ::knows he didn't do anything:: "I really don't know what yer

talking about"

Tolmara:           ::pointing at Lunauc::

Tolmara:           And then the spirit is gone.

Lunauc:            ::gulps:: "What'd that mean?"

RSwiftblade:     "Have ye ever through of something and it happens? That is how

our natural shaamans cast spells."

Tolmara:           The tabby cocks its head and bounds over to Morti, purring and

rubbing against him.

Lunauc:            ::flinches a bit before noticing it's the cat in his lap rubbing its

head. then looks to reiner:: "No, usually thinks go pretty badly compared to

how I think of them"

Trayn of Solnor:            "he means the cat... its name is Moiraine I believe"

Trayn of Solnor:            "wow that was something..."

RSwiftblade:     "Ye have a new friend...focus on having a bowl of milk appear

for her to drink"

RSwiftblade:     "Concentrate Morti...see that bowl of milk in your head and

will it to appear...that is how our shaamans do it"

Lunauc:            ::looks to reiner like he's the daft one:: "You didn't look at that

sphere too much did you?"

RSwiftblade:     "Just try it for me...ok?"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::shrugs,as this is all quite beyond me::

Lunauc:            ::picking up the cat:: "No"

RSwiftblade:     "Do not be afraid...ye are doing yer new friend a favor by

giving her a bowl of milk"

Lunauc:            "I can't do that. I don't know how."

Trayn of Solnor:            "stop this sillyness"

Trayn of Solnor:            "pick up your cat.. though i think it will follow you at

any rate"

RSwiftblade:     "It is not silly, the boy must realize that he has these

powers"

Trayn of Solnor:            "and take that staff... he has bequethed both to you"

Lunauc:            "how can he bequeath me Drenla's stuff?"

Trayn of Solnor:            ((to be honest i don't know who was who back in the last

scene at points))

RSwiftblade:     "Let me see if I can wake Drenla"

Trayn of Solnor:            ((if the wizard didnt have a staff ignore my statement))

Tolmara:           ((OOC:  he didn't bequeath the staff to Drenla.  he said that the

staff can only be used by a channeler or someone who passed a Test in a

Citadel (e.g., Drenla).)

Lunauc:            ((morti falls under neither category)

Tolmara:           ((OOC:  he said that if the staff is used by someone who hasn't

received the staff as a gift, that someone has to fight a battle of wits

against the staff before the staff can be used by that person.))

Lunauc:            ::petting the cat:: "Moiraine, huh?"

Lunauc:            ::looking to the others:: "So where now?"

Tolmara:           ((OOC:  in other words, if Morti uses the staff, Morti has to try

to master the staff first.))

Trayn of Solnor:            ((who said ole wizards were cryptic....?))

RSwiftblade:     "Drenla wake up" ::andministers some foul smelling herbs and

uses healing::

RSwiftblade:     (3hp)

Trayn of Solnor:            "she was in shock just like he was"

Trayn of Solnor:            "its not a physical injury... but one of the mind or even

soul"

Lunauc:            (she who?)

RSwiftblade:     "Hm...am I going to have to carry him now?"

RSwiftblade:     ::checks to see if Drenla is still living::

Trayn of Solnor:            ((sorry Drenla sounded feminine to me))

RSwiftblade:     ((LOL))

Trayn of Solnor:            ...

Tolmara:           He (Drenla) does not stir.

Trayn of Solnor:            "perhaps taking him out of the room would help..."

Lunauc:            ::heads back over to the drenla and them:: "Do you think the pearl

got him?"

Tolmara:           Well, not immediately.  In a few moments though, he manages to come

awake.

RSwiftblade:     ::Reiner is still kneeling over him::

RSwiftblade:     "Finally...you are back"

RSwiftblade:     ::waves his hands over Drenla""

Lunauc:            (wizard of oz moment) "Good morning Dorothy... er Drenla"

Lunauc:            (sorry trayn confused me)

Trayn of Solnor:            ((excellent i have accomplished something today))

AlexPetrovich99:           ::goes to gather the shattered remains of Asflag's little

crystal ball::

Trayn of Solnor:            ::searches about:::

AlexPetrovich99:           ::looks for any tracks or clues as to where the girl is::

Trayn of Solnor:            "a mage of his standing and power... might have an item we

can use to combat this evil"

RSwiftblade:     "Ye have tasted the evil of the pearl my son... it has entered

your soul, ye must be strong Drenla"

Lunauc:            (wonder if drenla can put it back together. we could sell it to the

gnome all broke ass)

RSwiftblade:     "Do not let it tempt you..."

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "Now, you're daft, horselord.  If anything, I'm not afraid

anymore."

Trayn of Solnor:            "wise words... the battle of evil is in the soul"

Lunauc:            "yeah, besides, you have that staff that can beat it, right?"

Trayn of Solnor:            "the staff is a tool... yet mastered"

RSwiftblade:     "I sense it within you...I am a priest and we can sense these

things"

Trayn of Solnor:            "it is a conduit of energy... its the user that must still

utilize it correctly"

Tolmara:           Drenla (glancing at Morti):  "I'm not sure.  I know what you're

talking about actually."

Lunauc:            ::acting knowing:: "Don't worry, I'll tell you all about it later"

Tolmara:           He glances at the staff.  "Strange.  I don't feel at one with it as

before.  What happened?"

RSwiftblade:     "You were attacked by a great evil being, we have brought you

back from near death"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Maybe the staff reacted to your need?"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "Hm, that must be it...I hope.  Well in any event, let us

press on."

Lunauc:            (brb.. afk)

AlexPetrovich99:           :nods: and resumes looking for tracks or signs of where the

girl might be:

RSwiftblade:     ::pulls Trayn aside::

AlexPetrovich99:           ::utters a quick prayer to the War father for guidance::

Lunauc:            (back)

AlexPetrovich99:           *serches/wilderness for tracking?

Lunauc:            ::looks to jer'ar:: "Whatcha doin?"

RSwiftblade:     "Yes lets go on"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I'm trying to find anything that might tell me where the

aes sedai is or might be..tracks would be realy nice"

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  19

AlexPetrovich99:           20

Lunauc:            ::looks quickly around the circle stone room:: "You think she's up

here?"

Trayn of Solnor:            ::continues a private conversation::

RSwiftblade:     ::in conversation with Trayn::

AlexPetrovich99:           ::presses upon a part of the wall::

AlexPetrovich99:           "yes..this must be it"

Lunauc:            ::watches jer'ar's action with great interest::

Tolmara:           Suddenly, Je'rar vanishes.

RSwiftblade:     "Well Drenla, I am glad ye are back with the living"

RSwiftblade:     "Where is Je'rar?"

Lunauc:            0.0 "Wow? How'd you do that Jer'ar?"

RSwiftblade:     ""Where was he Drenla?"

Lunauc:            ::strolling over to where he was, waving an arm around for him,

while other holds moiraine::

RSwiftblade:     (I mean Morti)

Lunauc:            "He was right here, then he vanished"

RSwiftblade:     ::Looks at the spot carefully::

RSwiftblade:     ::touches the wall where he was::

Lunauc:            "He pressed this stone" :: pointing to it on the wall:: "Then poof"

RSwiftblade:     "Come on everyone"

RSwiftblade:     ::Reiner presses the button::

Trayn of Solnor:            ::comes over::

Tolmara:           (hold on folks.)

Lunauc:            ::stands there:: "What's going on?"

Tolmara:           ((First, Spot check, Morti or Reiner.))

OnlineHost:       Lunauc rolled 1 20-sided die:  20

Lunauc:            (oooo... nice for a change)

Tolmara:           (So, Morti knows where the "button" is.)

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  13

Tolmara:           When Reiner presses something on the wall, he vanishes.

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  9

Lunauc:            ::sees reiner disappear:: "This isn't a bad thing.... is it?"

AlexPetrovich99:           16

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  18

RSwiftblade:     (int 21)

Lunauc:            "Think we should puch it too?"

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  14

Trayn of Solnor:            "there is only one way to find out"

Trayn of Solnor:            "what happens afterward is still a mystery"

AlexPetrovich99:           "To Battle!" as I see Reiner

RSwiftblade:     "To the glory of the war father!"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::lets out my best battle yell::

RSwiftblade:     "I see them my brother!"

Lunauc:            ::basically getting the idea, nods to Trayn:: "Hai hai"

Trayn of Solnor:            "I fear not the consequences... yet"

Tolmara:           (ok, when Trayn and Morti appear in the room, you'll be

flatfooted.)

Lunauc:             ::closes the first two clasps on his jacket and nestles moiraine

inside, readies crossbow, then pushes the button::

Tolmara:           (roll init tho for next round.)

Lunauc:            ::to trayn:: "good for you"

OnlineHost:       Lunauc rolled 1 20-sided die:  8

Tolmara:           (19)

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  20

Lunauc:            (10, can't attack this round though, right?)

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  6

OnlineHost:       Trayn of Solnor rolled 1 20-sided die:  15

Trayn of Solnor:            (16)

RSwiftblade:     one crit threat

Tolmara:           (brb)

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  15

Tolmara:           (yes)

Lunauc:            (is anyone else having problem with the images in the e-mails?)

AlexPetrovich99:           not lately

Tolmara:           (damage, Reiner?)

Lunauc:            (hmmmm.... must just be me)

RSwiftblade:     Did I hit on the roll for crit?

Tolmara:           (yes)

RSwiftblade:     ok....

RSwiftblade:     calculating

RSwiftblade:     28

Tolmara:           Reiner slashes viciously through one of the gargoyles' wings,

hacking through the leathery skin as it flops to the ground and a gusher of

gore sprays around the room.

Trayn of Solnor:            ((crits - roll if you make the threat - if you miss the

threat you get max damage))

Lunauc:            (NO! YOU'LL RUIN THE SHEETS!!)

Trayn of Solnor:            ((correct?))

Tolmara:           (18)

Tolmara:           ((yes))

Tolmara:           The three gargoyles slash at you:  2 on Je'rar, 1 on Reiner.

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 2 20-sided dice:  11 20

AlexPetrovich99:           aww they like me

RSwiftblade:     "ARRGGGG! Back you foul beasts!"

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 12 20-sided dice:  18 17 20 16 4 20 1 19 19 20 7

11

AlexPetrovich99:           huh ?

Tolmara:           (ignore the first set of rolls)

Lunauc:            (yeesh... that's a lot of attacks)

Tolmara:           (four attacks per creature)

AlexPetrovich99:           oh god I'm dead

AlexPetrovich99:           I bet all 4 of those hit me

Lunauc:            (sure seems that way)

RSwiftblade:     (isn't mine dead?)

AlexPetrovich99:           *seriously considers using a DP

Lunauc:            (at least one's even crit)

Lunauc:            :-D

Tolmara:           (AC 20, 19, threat, 18; miss, threat, miss, threat on Je'rar)

Lunauc:            (wow... yer really screwed)

Tolmara:           (threat, threat, AC 14 and 18 on Reiner)

Tolmara:           (ignore the last two attacks per creature.)

AlexPetrovich99:           afk for a second while I hit the head and ponder my

situation as I do so

Lunauc:            (pats reiner on the back... "you will be missed")

Tolmara:           (I've been corrected by David.  to recap:  AC 20, 19 (first garg),

miss and threat (second garg) on Je'rar)

Lunauc:            (er... jer'ar)

Tolmara:           (two threats on Reiner)

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  20

Lunauc:            (Drenla.... really...)

AlexPetrovich99:           (back..so how many hits did it really get?)

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 2 20-sided dice:  12 17

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 2 4-sided dice:  4 2

RSwiftblade:     "Ouch you foul creatures!"

Tolmara:           (16, Jer'ar, your turn)

AlexPetrovich99:           if the one Reiner bashed is still up, I go to bash it if in

reach

Tolmara:           (yes)

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 2 20-sided dice:  5 19

AlexPetrovich99:           24

AlexPetrovich99:           with my mace

RSwiftblade:     ::Reiner looks as though he is beginning to rage after being

struck::

RSwiftblade:     "The War Father will give me strenth"

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 6-sided die:  5

AlexPetrovich99:           9 pts

Tolmara:           It crumbles to the ground as the magic that holds it together

fails.

Tolmara:           (new round.  19)

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  9

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  14

RSwiftblade:     (18)

Tolmara:           (hit)

RSwiftblade:     no 14 and 19

Tolmara:           (one hit)

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 8-sided die:  6

RSwiftblade:     (15)

Tolmara:           The gargoyle seems to be hovering less steadily.

Tolmara:           (18:  one gargoyle each on Jer'ar and Reiner)

Tolmara:           roll-sides20-dice4

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 4 20-sided dice:  9 1 14 3

Tolmara:           (that was on Jer'ar:  miss, miss, AC 20, miss)

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 4 20-sided dice:  3 20 16 16

Tolmara:           (that was on Reiner:  miss, threat, AC 22, and 22)

Tolmara:           (er I mean miss, threat, AC 20 and 20)

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 6-sided die:  1

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  9

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 2 6-sided dice:  4 3

AlexPetrovich99:           (doorbell..brb only take a few seconds)

Tolmara:           (16, Trayn and Jer'ar)

Trayn of Solnor:            ::appears::

Trayn of Solnor:            "Holy Solnor!"

Trayn of Solnor:            (sees?)

RSwiftblade:     (Reiner is ripped to shreds)

Trayn of Solnor:            (all i needed...)

RSwiftblade:     (but still firmly fighting)

Lunauc:            (yes boy wonder, this is indeed a precarious situation)

Trayn of Solnor:            ::casts a spell moves and touchs Reiner::

OnlineHost:       Trayn of Solnor rolled 1 8-sided die:  4

Trayn of Solnor:            (7 hps healing)

Trayn of Solnor:            (done)

RSwiftblade:     "Thank you"

Trayn of Solnor:            "this is foul ambush!"

RSwiftblade:     "Drop back Je'rar...you are in need of some healing as well"

Tolmara:           (skipping Jer'ar.  he can go when Mike gets back.)  (10, Morti and

Drenla.)

Lunauc:            ::fires at one of the gargs furthest to the side so as not to hit a

friend::

OnlineHost:       Lunauc rolled 1 20-sided die:  14

Lunauc:            16

Tolmara:           (hit)

OnlineHost:       Lunauc rolled 1 8-sided die:  1

Lunauc:            (urgh... damn you dice!)

Lunauc:            (they always screw me on dmg)

AlexPetrovich99:           (ok..back)

Tolmara:           Drenla hisses several words in rapid succession, as three fiery

crimson cobras explode from his fingers and streak towards one of the

gargoyles, searing its wings and body.

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 3 4-sided dice:  3 4 4

Tolmara:           (Jer'ar your go)

AlexPetrovich99:           *attacks the badly hovering gargoyle

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 2 20-sided dice:  15 4

AlexPetrovich99:           20;9

AlexPetrovich99:           200 hits I presume

AlexPetrovich99:           *20

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 8-sided die:  5

AlexPetrovich99:           9 pts

Tolmara:           the gargoyle crumbles to dust.

Tolmara:           (new round:  19)

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 2 20-sided dice:  13 4

RSwiftblade:     (18) miss

RSwiftblade:     ,

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 100-sided die:  65

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 8-sided die:  3

RSwiftblade:     (12)

Tolmara:           (k)

Tolmara:           (On Reiner.)

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 4 20-sided dice:  12 8 15 5

Tolmara:           (AC 19 on bite)

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 6-sided die:  3

Tolmara:           (16, Jer'ar and Trayn)

Trayn of Solnor:            ::cures Reiner again... seeing he is still getting

injured::

OnlineHost:       Trayn of Solnor rolled 1 8-sided die:  3

AlexPetrovich99:           sets to the remaining gargoyle

Trayn of Solnor:            (6 hps healing)

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 2 20-sided dice:  18 13

AlexPetrovich99:           23/18

AlexPetrovich99:           both hit

AlexPetrovich99:           :)

Tolmara:           (yes)

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 8-sided die:  4

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 6-sided die:  6

AlexPetrovich99:           18 pts

AlexPetrovich99:           or like Emeril would say: BAM!

Tolmara:           (yes indeed.  heh.)

Tolmara:           The creature crumbles to the ground.

RSwiftblade:     ::reiner whips around looking for other things to attack::

RSwiftblade:     "Come on...come on...."  ::with rage in his eyes::

Lunauc:            ::as the monsters die, he looks around the room, guess he doesn't

like people in his bedroom"

Trayn of Solnor:            ::backs away::

Lunauc:            ::looks at reiner:: "Who are you talking to?"

RSwiftblade:     "ARGGG!!"  ::it is a pretty grotesque display of aggression::

RSwiftblade:     "Where are they....where are they!"

Lunauc:            ::shies away from Reiner to scour the room with a bit of interest::

Trayn of Solnor:            "its over!"

Trayn of Solnor:            "calm down... they are destroyed"

RSwiftblade:     ::starts to calm down and begins to show signs of serious

fatigue::

RSwiftblade:     "I am very tired..."

AlexPetrovich99:           "as am I; I feel beat up"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::sits down on the bed::

Lunauc:            "Ya seemed pretty lively a second ago"

Trayn of Solnor:            ::analyzes Reiner's health... vs anyone else injured::

RSwiftblade:     "It is the price one pays to battlerage...we honored the war

father through our fight!"

RSwiftblade:     "I will tend to Je'rar"

Lunauc:            "By splattering gargoyle guts?"

RSwiftblade:     "He has earned my thanks"

AlexPetrovich99:           :smiles with some effort through the blood and gargoyle

dust smeared across his face::

RSwiftblade:     (take 3)

AlexPetrovich99:           "Thank-you my brother"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::gives praise to the warFather::

RSwiftblade:     ::Reiner rubs some herbs onto Je'rar's wounds::

RSwiftblade:     ::casts a spell::

RSwiftblade:     "Health from the war father to you"

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 8-sided die:  2

Trayn of Solnor:            ::isnt terribly fond of that::

Trayn of Solnor:            ((ha the warfather stinks!))

RSwiftblade:     (6)

Lunauc:            ::slings the bow on his back while taking moiraine out to let her

down to the floor of her master's bed chamber::

RSwiftblade:     ::my last spell to you my friend::

AlexPetrovich99:           "What of yourself,reiner?"

RSwiftblade:     "These are meerly flesh wounds"  ::as he gimmaces in pain::

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 8-sided die:  5

RSwiftblade:     (9)

AlexPetrovich99:           "Brother,you look hurt moreso than I; please,tend to

yourself"

AlexPetrovich99:           (too late I guess )

Lunauc:            ::Morti suddenly lifts his head and looks around:: "Hello? who's

there?"

RSwiftblade:     "It is my job to heal others...I will be fine"

Trayn of Solnor:            "its Trayn here and all the rest are here"

Lunauc:            "huh?"

RSwiftblade:     ::Reiner has gained back his composure::

AlexPetrovich99:           ::looks on at him in near amazement,knowing that this man

truly deserves to be called 'brother' ::

Tolmara:           The tabby's rubbing up against Morti's leg.

Lunauc:            "My whah?"

Lunauc:            :glances down at the cat"

RSwiftblade:     "That was a good shot Morti, and Drenla thank you for your

help"

Trayn of Solnor:            ((someone 3rd level.... asking jealosly))

RSwiftblade:     "Thank you for your healing Trayn"

Trayn of Solnor:            "Ill retain my other healing spell for an emergency"

Lunauc:            "Actually, a good deal of me was put together...."

Lunauc:            ::suddenly realizing something, points to the cat:: "Eh? you're?"

Trayn of Solnor:            "it seems we are having those lately"

Lunauc:            :-\  "Could you always do?"

RSwiftblade:     "Are ye having a talk with yer new friend Morti...it is a

pretty cat"

Lunauc:            ::glancing up at Reiner, with a confused face:: "She talks...."

RSwiftblade:     "Come now...."

RSwiftblade:     "All animals communicate in their own ways"

Lunauc:            ::blinks for a second, then tries again: "She talks..."

Trayn of Solnor:            "well we still have work to do"

RSwiftblade:     "Aye...maybe she can teach you how to have 9 lives"

::chuckles::

RSwiftblade:     "Let us continue, I grow weary of this place and need an ale"

Trayn of Solnor:            "yes the language of cats... 101 different sounds"

Lunauc:            ::nods to them and kneels down next to the kitten::

Trayn of Solnor:            "of which they usually only use 3.... for complaining"

RSwiftblade:     "Well it is a beautiful cat and is welcomed with us"

Lunauc:            ::nods to the cat::

Trayn of Solnor:            "feed me", "stop touching me" and and "let me in"

RSwiftblade:     ::offers the cat a morsel of venison::

RSwiftblade:     "Here kitty...enjoy"

Lunauc:            "Lansha" :forgeting to only thjink the words:: "I would?"

Trayn of Solnor:            "I'm not a grave robber"

Tolmara:           The tabby ignores the piece of venison, continuing to rub against

Morti.

Trayn of Solnor:            "But I'm thinking of looking over our departed mages items

before we bury him"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::goes to look at the chests::

Trayn of Solnor:            "perhaps he has something that will protect us from this

magic eating device and whatever protections it has"

Trayn of Solnor:            "he said we would be meeting him twice again"

RSwiftblade:     "Well, guess she is not hungry...oh well more for me!"

Lunauc:            ::looks to reiner and picks up the cat, speaking offhandedly to the

barbarian:: "She says there are other monsters here to be released."

Trayn of Solnor:            "so we can discuss his items and his wishes in the future"

Trayn of Solnor:            "yes the adherer.. in the basement"

Trayn of Solnor:            "what else does it know about?"

Lunauc:            ::nodding to trayan: "Yeah, and we might not have to fight it. she

said the monsters might react to a command of release, "Lansha""

RSwiftblade:     "Ok let us go down there"

AlexPetrovich99:           *is looking at the chesst

Lunauc:            "one second" ::moves over to the open the chests in search of

something::

Trayn of Solnor:            "well if we release it? wont it leave and terrorize the

town?"

Lunauc:            "She said they'll go away from people"

Trayn of Solnor:            "that doesn't seem very responsible"

Tolmara:           Inside the left chest is a pile of jewels, coins and gems.  Stacked

neatly on top of the pile are two leatherbound books.

Lunauc:            "And to get out of the room, there's a button in the left chest"

Tolmara:           As Morti touches the chest, runes and glyphs flare briefly into

existence and then fade away harmlessly.

AlexPetrovich99:           "Nice"

Trayn of Solnor:            "ah the runes again"

Lunauc:            ::smiles as he sees the books, ignoring the tresasures:: "Here they

are" ::picks them up, showing them to the cat::

AlexPetrovich99:           ::scoops out the treasure::

Lunauc:            ::grins to the others::

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  10

AlexPetrovich99:           13

RSwiftblade:     ::Reiner is in shock:: "Well the cat must be one of those

reincarnates that are spoken in history...well it is a pleasure to meet you

whoever you are.  If did not see it with my own eyes, I would not believe it"

RSwiftblade:     "Je'rar...why are you scooping out that gravel into your

pocket?

RSwiftblade:     "

RSwiftblade:     "It will do you no good"

Lunauc:            ::blinks dumbly at Reiner:: "She is?"

RSwiftblade:     "Yes she is definately talking to you"

Trayn of Solnor:            "perhaps looking for magic would be a good task"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Gravel?"

RSwiftblade:     "Check your loot...are we turning into a rogue?"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::looks at the treasure in his hands::

AlexPetrovich99:           "A rogue? Me.. haha very funny..never happen..thoguht the

money will come in handy on our travels"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::stuffs a great big handful of the 'gravel' into his belt

pouch::

Lunauc:            ::shrugs to jer'ar:: "I guess it would" ::then looks to moiraine::

"Is that okay?"

AlexPetrovich99:           :gathers the gems and jewels too:

RSwiftblade:     "I would put that back if I were you and ask Morti what is our

to take if that"

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  9

Trayn of Solnor:            "items taken here are legal for us to take per our

agreement"

RSwiftblade:     "Well I grow impatient...what does she suggest that we do?"

Trayn of Solnor:            "though I would prefer to donate some of what we find here

to charity"

RSwiftblade:     "Not by the owner...Asflag who we are going to encounter again"

RSwiftblade:     "or his assigns"

Trayn of Solnor:            "in our next encounter... we will be sure to ask for his

wishes and comply"

RSwiftblade:     "Aye..you see my point Trayn?"

Trayn of Solnor:            "you couldn't ask for a better will and testiment"

Trayn of Solnor:            "more accurate than a signed document"

Lunauc:            (yes after we spent the money we'll be sure to ask him how he felt

about it)

RSwiftblade:     (LOL)

Trayn of Solnor:            ((can alway refund the money))

Lunauc:            (to a dead guy?)

RSwiftblade:     "Well I want to proceed"

Trayn of Solnor:            ((to the direction he desires))

Lunauc:            ::stares into the chest:: "Uh.... Jer'ar maybe you should stop that.

she says it's a trap"

Lunauc:            "Jer'ar"

Trayn of Solnor:            "really... what are you doing anyway"

Trayn of Solnor:            ::looks at the chest and its contents::

RSwiftblade:     ::picks up Jer'rar physically and pulls him away::

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  14

OnlineHost:       Trayn of Solnor rolled 1 20-sided die:  12

RSwiftblade:     (18)

Lunauc:            :leans down beside the chest, looking for the button to exit::

RSwiftblade:     "Come Je'rar no more gravel"

Lunauc:            "This is bad"

Trayn of Solnor:            "that is just cheap rock"

AlexPetrovich99:           ""Oh alright.." with an air of resignation

Trayn of Solnor:            "a trap of a mages..."

Trayn of Solnor:            "and what was that word?"

Trayn of Solnor:            (the word of release - its been scrolled away on me)

RSwiftblade:     ::reaches into his pocket:: "See gravel..."

AlexPetrovich99:           "Gold"

AlexPetrovich99:           * Crowns

Lunauc:            "Lensha?"

Trayn of Solnor:            "junk and bunk"

Trayn of Solnor:            "yes thats it"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::goes to look at the other chest::

RSwiftblade:     "Push the button morti and lets get out of here..."

Tolmara:           The chest is closed.

Trayn of Solnor:            "Lansha! I release you! Lansha!"

Trayn of Solnor:            ::speaks this to the chest::

Lunauc:            ::grabs jer'ar before he does:: "no more exploring" pushes the

button holding onto his collar::

AlexPetrovich99:           :wrestles away to open it:

RSwiftblade:     (Je'rar has to break free from Reiner)

Tolmara:           At that instant, you all disappear from the room and reappear in

the chamber with the destroyed remains of the crystal sphere, and the "chest"

disappears with a loud *POP*.

AlexPetrovich99:           "But there might be other treasure in there that we can use

to defeatthe mummy"

Trayn of Solnor:            "ha... well i wasn't expecting that"

Lunauc:            ::looks to the cat:: "Was there?"

Lunauc:            (anything to deal with the mummy that is)

Trayn of Solnor:            ::casts a spell::

RSwiftblade:     "I see madame tabby is going to have her work cut out for her"

Trayn of Solnor:            ::gazes around... especially the mages personal

possessions::

AlexPetrovich99:           "Fool! We probably lost a good chance to find something

useful to kill the mummy with"

Lunauc:            ::shaking his head to jer'ar:: "Nah, it was just a crystal ball and

some spell components"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::looks at Trayn angrily and stalks off::

AlexPetrovich99:           Stops dead

AlexPetrovich99:           "A WHAT?"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::rus back to the p anel and tries to regain entry

Lunauc:            "Crystal ball and some spell components"

Trayn of Solnor:            "I was releasing the treasure chest"

Trayn of Solnor:            "there wasn't anything in there I saw other than gravel"

Lunauc:            ::watches jer'ar run past and sighs::

AlexPetrovich99:           "The crystal ball.."

AlexPetrovich99:           "damnit to hell and back thats what i was realy hoping to

find"

Lunauc:            "So? I think we already broke the more valuable one"

Lunauc:            ::gesturing to the broken shards on the floor::

Tolmara:           Jer'ar vanishes from sight.

Trayn of Solnor:            A jade ring. A dagger. A steel flask inside a belt pouch.

A pair of bracers made of cold iron.

Trayn of Solnor:            are pulled off the deceased Asflag

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  11

Lunauc:            ::groans and follows after jer'ar, pushing the button::

Trayn of Solnor:            "these items are magical"

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 3 6-sided dice:  3 4 4

Trayn of Solnor:            "I hope we can use them in dignity and pride to defeat this

evil that awaits us"

RSwiftblade:     "Not again"

Tolmara:           Morti vanishes from sight.

Trayn of Solnor:            "well they have the release word"

Trayn of Solnor:            "that will suffice I hope"

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  10

Trayn of Solnor:            ::looks around this area once done with Asflag's personal

belongings

RSwiftblade:     ::Reiner presses the button::

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 5 4-sided dice:  1 3 2 1 4

Lunauc:            "Jer'ar!" ::rushes over to check on him::

RSwiftblade:     ::follows morti::

RSwiftblade:     "For the gods....greed...brings ruine Je'rar"

RSwiftblade:     "Let's get him out of here morti"

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  1

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  3

Tolmara:           ((ooc:  drama inside the bedroom, btw))

Lunauc:            (moving in really slow motion)

Lunauc:            "NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

RSwiftblade:     ::Reiner stabalizes Je'rar and asks for healing from the war

father that is granted::

RSwiftblade:     (6 pts)

AlexPetrovich99:           :comes to:

Lunauc:            (oh, we can act now?)

AlexPetrovich99:           "The chest..I need that thing"

RSwiftblade:     ::Pulls out manacles::

Lunauc:            ::rushes over beside Jer'ar:: "Why?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "STOP!"

Lunauc:            ::glances into the chest::

AlexPetrovich99:           "I offered to take on a job while we were in here; I may

decide to give it to the person who asked me to find it; however..

RSwiftblade:     "Come or be bound...my brother...this is my final warning"

AlexPetrovich99:           seeing as how things are loking, I want to be sure that

giving to this person is the right thing to do;

AlexPetrovich99:           I might well decide to destroy it instead"

AlexPetrovich99:           "The ball"

AlexPetrovich99:           *to Morti

Lunauc:            ::Worrying over Jer'ar's, he looks down to the cat for a second,

thinking something over::

RSwiftblade:     "no...you are finished here my brother"

AlexPetrovich99:           "No, I am not"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Would you tel somebody you'd do something, and then turn

around and renege on it?"

Lunauc:            "Well, that ball belonged to Asflag, and he gave everything to me."

::his voice was a rather unsure, but he steeled himself::

RSwiftblade:     "This is a trap my brother, do not persue this line"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Until I'm sure that thing isn't dangerous , or the other

guys' intents aren't, I'm going to hold onto it and mull it over"

Lunauc:            "That means the ball and everything else here is mine, so whoever

you promised it to can't have it."

AlexPetrovich99:           "And,

AlexPetrovich99:           AND..

RSwiftblade:     "Did you hear that my brother...it is not yours to take"

AlexPetrovich99:           If we just leave it behind, then we will be letting a

potentially dangerous item to sit unattended for it to fall into the wrong

hands"'

Lunauc:            "And neither can you." ::still rather unsure of himself looks away

from them::

RSwiftblade:     "I do not need such items, but I do need my brother in one

piece"

RSwiftblade:     "I ask you again, please leave it and let us do what our task

is"

AlexPetrovich99:           "So we leave it for the scoundrel Tullinot or Mirrimessa to

take.."

AlexPetrovich99:           "And maybe totally take over this city"

Lunauc:            ::doesn't look back, at them::

RSwiftblade:     "It is not our fate to take it...I have now saved you twice..."

RSwiftblade:     "I cannot do it again"

AlexPetrovich99:           "DO I turn my back on an evil,for the sake of doing

something in the ame of goodness?"

AlexPetrovich99:           *name of

RSwiftblade:     "Goodness that may be misguided...The item that you were

looking for was destroyed"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I was looking for Asflag's crystal ball"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I thought the other sphere was it..I was mistaken"

Lunauc:            "And did you know what the one you were going to give it to planned

to do with it?"

RSwiftblade:     "It is merely a scying device...come leave now"

RSwiftblade:     "Even shaamans in my tribe have these devices..."

AlexPetrovich99:           "I know for sure this: there's 2 wizards,maybe 3 who want

this badly enough to come and get it as soon as we leave"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I do not think it either safe nor wise to let it sit here

for them to take"

Lunauc:            "Moiraine says this tower's wards will hold for a while longer. We

can leave it here for now"

AlexPetrovich99:           "If they want it that badly,there has got to be a damn good

reason; I intend to keep it away from them at all costuntil I know for sure

exactly why that is"

Lunauc:            ::doesn't look to them though::

AlexPetrovich99:           "Maybe in Tolmara the magister can guide us as what to do"

RSwiftblade:     ::looking very angry::"Ye will not take it from here"

AlexPetrovich99:           "OK..let the evil scoundrels have it then.but if this city

falls to ruin because f that,don't you go asking mew why"

RSwiftblade:     "I believe that it is our fate to leave it here."

AlexPetrovich99:           *of that//me why

RSwiftblade:     "Now lets go"

Lunauc:            ::peering at jer'ar:: "Moiraine says that thing isn't even any

danger. Let them have it if they want it so bad."

RSwiftblade:     "Morti, get us out of here!"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I don't think much of fate..I think a man can make his own

future,his own destiny

Lunauc:            ::presses the button in the chest::

AlexPetrovich99:           not have it already be decided for him"

Lunauc:            "Then be a man and decide to stop acting like a goofball."

AlexPetrovich99:           :looks almost violently at Morti at t hat:

Tolmara:           You appear inside the room with the destroyed crystal sphere.

RSwiftblade:     "This is not the time for insults...Morti"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::manages to keep his hands off his weapons::

RSwiftblade:     "Lets go do what we came here to do"

Lunauc:            ::turns away:: "He's the one acting that way"

RSwiftblade:     "Can your cat lead us to where we need to be?"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "Ah, you're back."  He cradles the staff in his arms,

holding it almost protectively.

Lunauc:            ::shrugs::

RSwiftblade:     "Ask Moiraine to lead us to where we need to go...time grows

short"

Lunauc:            "I am, I am"

RSwiftblade:     "I need to buy my friend here an ale" ::looks at Je'rar:: "He

looks a little hot under the collar"

Lunauc:            ::puts the cat, down, apparently listening to her, while shoving the

books in his pack::

AlexPetrovich99:           (not to mention more than a litle beat up) lol

Lunauc:            "we head back to the cellar to free the monsters"

Lunauc:            "What's and ettercap?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "No thanks..I need to take a nap..I'm sore all over"

Tolmara:           (ok.  check the web site and tell me which door you want to go

investigate.

Lunauc:            (still haven't searched the north room from 5)

Lunauc:            (btw... wb vb)

Lunauc:            ( ::clamly listens to the crickets chirp:: )

RSwiftblade:     "Lead us Morti...lead us"

Lunauc:            "Huh?" *that's new* "okay" ::heads back down to the basement::

RSwiftblade:     "What does you cat say...she knows the place better than us"

RSwiftblade:     "Or should I say cat friend"

AlexPetrovich99:           (room 4?)

Lunauc:            ::the cat hops off at the stairs to the basement:: "She said she's

not allowed downstairs"

AlexPetrovich99:           "What about those other 2 doors upstairs we haven't looked

at yet?"

RSwiftblade:     "Let us go down there...Are there any traps "

AlexPetrovich99:           "Three doors rather"

Lunauc:            "she said this is where the monster are that we have to release"

RSwiftblade:     "Why were they kept here to begin with?"

Lunauc:            "Protection. but without their master, they'll go wild and start

killing poeple"

Lunauc:            ::Listens at the north eastern door from 5a::

OnlineHost:       Lunauc rolled 1 20-sided die:  6

Lunauc:            (yeesh... I gotta get new dice)

Tolmara:           ((ooc:  when mike leaves in 15 min. we'll continue to 9 pm.))

Lunauc:            (hai hai))

Tolmara:           ((good news he doesn't have to leave))

Lunauc:            ((YAY!!))

Tolmara:           ((so what next?))

Lunauc:            ::having never taken initiative before looks to the others:: "Uh...

should I?"

Lunauc:            ((if he should open the door or not))

AlexPetrovich99:           "Up to you Morti"

RSwiftblade:     "If you want me to I will"

Lunauc:            "no... s'okay..." ::gulps and prepares to open, it, one hand up in

ready for something, opens the door::

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "Come now, a sorcerer of your skill and might is not

afraid of just a MERE door, eh?"

Tolmara:           (hold on)

Lunauc:            ::nervous titter:: "Right...."

Lunauc:            (I've enjoyed playing morti up until the next couple of seconds.

thank you all for putting up with him)

Lunauc:            :-D

AlexPetrovich99:           (aw hey..I like the litle schmuck..lol)

AlexPetrovich99:           (not gonna let him whiff if it can be helped)

AlexPetrovich99:           *whiff=piff

Lunauc:            (yeah, piff's a lot more understandable... ::eyes wander for logic::

)

Tolmara:           As you open the door, or rather, when Morti attempts to open the

door, it creaks open noisily for a few seconds, and then jams halfway open.

AlexPetrovich99:           ::lends an arm to help Morti open it::

Tolmara:           (Spot check either Morti or Jer'ar)

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  14

Lunauc:            ::flinches and jumps a bit as Jer'ar forces in beside him, thinking

something else was jumping him::

OnlineHost:       Lunauc rolled 1 20-sided die:  4

AlexPetrovich99:           19

Lunauc:            (ughh...)

VBJunkie:         "what can I do?"

RSwiftblade:     "Heal Je'rar"

Lunauc:            (coffee.. get coffee)

VBJunkie:         ::heals Je'rar::

AlexPetrovich99:           "Hmm..I don't like the looks of that at all"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::carefully closes the door part-way::

Lunauc:            "Of what?" ::coming down from the scare looks into the room::

OnlineHost:       VBJunkie rolled 1 8-sided die:  6

VBJunkie:         (9 hps healing)

AlexPetrovich99:           "I saw great big strands of webbing on the door keeping it

shut..

AlexPetrovich99:           great big giant spder webbing"

AlexPetrovich99:           *spider

Lunauc:            "Oh...."

AlexPetrovich99:           ::feels his wounds start to heal up::

AlexPetrovich99:           :turns his headto see where that came from::

Lunauc:            ::thinking for a second:: "By the way. What IS an ettercap?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Thank-you"

Tolmara:           The room seems enshrouded in gloom and strands of webbing.

VBJunkie:         "sure"

Lunauc:            "Moiraine said she didn't wanna go near it."

AlexPetrovich99:           (wildernes or nature check on ettercaps?)

Tolmara:           (if you want)

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  16

AlexPetrovich99:           19 or 25

AlexPetrovich99:           (19 nature; 25 w/ wilderness)

RSwiftblade:     "Come on they are just spiders"

Lunauc:            "Oh..."

VBJunkie:         "lets deal with them"

AlexPetrovich99:           "They can shoot webbing as well as posion"

AlexPetrovich99:           *poison

Lunauc:            "Well, Moiraine said there was one of those, the Adherer..er... and

some ghouls."

AlexPetrovich99:           "Here's hoping we're feeling very poison resistant today "

Lunauc:            "Hai hai"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Much as I hate them , I think I'd rather face the ghouls"

RSwiftblade:     "well it is now or never...."

Lunauc:            "Well, maybe I can stop the etter thing for a minute so we don't get

poisoned..."

AlexPetrovich99:           "That,would be excellent"

Lunauc:            "If it's in their, think one of you could spook it to the door?"

Lunauc:            "without actually going in and getting attacked that is"

RSwiftblade:     "Sure" ::bangs on the door:: "Come out spider"

Lunauc:            "you really think that'll get him?"

Lunauc:            ::gets in front of the door, preparing color spray toward the portal

for when it appears::

RSwiftblade:     "Spiders react to vibrations"

Tolmara:           Nothing happens.

Lunauc:            "Not this one"

RSwiftblade:     ::bangs again:: "come on you NASTY SPIDER!"

Lunauc:            "Drenla, any ideas?"

AlexPetrovich99:           :has an idea:

Tolmara:           Drenla chuckles a bit.

AlexPetrovich99:           "Hld on.."

AlexPetrovich99:           ::grabs a torch,and uses it to stroke the webbing::

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "I was wondering if our esteemed horselord was quaking in

his sandals, actually."

AlexPetrovich99:           "Spiders think their prey is struggling,right?"

RSwiftblade:     "Haha me quake?"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::backs up after a second of this::

Lunauc:            ::holds his position actually expecting this to work::

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "I've never seen webs that couldn't burn," as he taps his

staff on the ground.

RSwiftblade:     (Is this a stone celler?)

AlexPetrovich99:           "Not yet Drenla..we'd hate to torchthe whole place and lose

out on anything important in there"

Lunauc:            "Besides, we might be able to release the thing without killing it."

RSwiftblade:     "The mage makes sense...for a change...if the webs are burning

the spider will flee"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "Lorsakh!"  And as if on cue, the crystal sitting atop his

staff comes to life again.

Tolmara:           (yes)

RSwiftblade:     ::lights one of the strands::"all right"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "Hmm."  He smiles with relief.

RSwiftblade:     "Spiders are very quick"

Lunauc:            ::Watching the doorway carefully, hand out stretched and ready to

"fire". gulps:: "Well?"

Lunauc:            "Let's hope not too quick."

RSwiftblade:     ::lights webs::

Tolmara:           *FWOOSH*

RSwiftblade:     "Besides it will have no place to hide

Tolmara:           You notice that the webbing seems to burn in sections.  You'd have

to enter the room to do the rest.

AlexPetrovich99:           :lights his torch and uses that in his off-hand::

Lunauc:            "uh.... that didn't do anything"

RSwiftblade:     "You should let me light a bolt and fire it in"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I'm hping it'll fear the flame"

AlexPetrovich99:           *hoping

Lunauc:            "okay."

RSwiftblade:     ::lights morti's bolt

RSwiftblade:     "fire away Morti"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::gives him room::

Lunauc:            ((not holding a crossbow, preparing a colorspray toward the door))

RSwiftblade:     ((ok  scratch tat"

Lunauc:            ((so that when it appears he could knock it senseless for a bit))

RSwiftblade:     "Drenla I have seen you use that rolling ball of fire, think

you could roll one of those in there?

Lunauc:            ::still holding up his arm:: "This is getting boring. someone want

to just yell Lensha into the room?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Lensha!"

RSwiftblade:     "Lensha"

AlexPetrovich99:           ((rotfl))

RSwiftblade:     LOL

Lunauc:            (now give me a "WOOF WOOF!!)

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "Unforutnately I'm saving that spell for when it might

count the most.  Seems like a waste of energy to spend so much on something

so little."

AlexPetrovich99:           (FOOW FOOW)

RSwiftblade:     "Bow wow"

Tolmara:           Nothing happens.

AlexPetrovich99:           "AH you only live once"

RSwiftblade:     Reiner starts to wander in::

Lunauc:            "How bout we just kick the door in?"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::follows Reiner::

RSwiftblade:     ::looks up::

Tolmara:           (Reiner:  Reflex save)

Tolmara:           (Jer'ar:  Reflex save)

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  14

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  20

RSwiftblade:     (17)

AlexPetrovich99:           wow I made one

AlexPetrovich99:           24..where was that earlier? lol

Tolmara:           As you enter the room, suddenly a carpet of webbing lands on Jer'ar

and Reiner but they leap aside in time.

AlexPetrovich99:           ::raises the torch upwards::

Tolmara:           (roll init)

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  4

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  6

AlexPetrovich99:           13

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  16

RSwiftblade:     (19)

OnlineHost:       Lunauc rolled 1 20-sided die:  14

Lunauc:            (16)

Tolmara:           Chittering in rage, a revolting creature resembling a cross between

a gangly youth and a bloated spider with long slender arms and legs

protruding from a bulging

Tolmara:           fleshy body lumbers into the torchlight.

Tolmara:           (19)

OnlineHost:       VBJunkie rolled 1 20-sided die:  5

VBJunkie:         (6)

RSwiftblade:     "Come on spiderthing ye can leave"

Tolmara:           (19:  Reiner)

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  13

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  13

RSwiftblade:     (18) X2

Tolmara:           (hit)

Tolmara:           (both)

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 8-sided die:  5

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 8-sided die:  8

RSwiftblade:     23

RSwiftblade:     "I will not be yer prey today"

Tolmara:           With ease and an almost fluid grace, Reiner extends both of his

swords and almost neatly slices the creature in half.

VBJunkie:         "ha!"

Tolmara:           (16, Morti)

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  11

Lunauc:            ::lowers his arm:: "Well that was easy"

AlexPetrovich99:           (guess it's dead..heh)

Lunauc:            (ain't it dead?)

Tolmara:           (no)

Tolmara:           ((no, I said "almost neatly"))

Lunauc:            ::leaps forward, flipping on his back to aim his spray up to the

beasts perch, firing his spell::

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  14

Lunauc:            (sorry, I went for the literal of he made a mess)

Tolmara:           (it's stunned)

RSwiftblade:     ::Looks around for brothers and sisters::

Tolmara:           (13, Jer'ar)

AlexPetrovich99:           ::pokes at it with my torch,and then slashes at it with my

sword::

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 2 20-sided dice:  12 20

Tolmara:           (threat)

AlexPetrovich99:           17;threat

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  19

Tolmara:           (hit)

AlexPetrovich99:           aw yeah

Tolmara:           (crit)

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 3-sided die:  1

RSwiftblade:     (spider guts everywhere)

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 2 8-sided dice:  5 6

Tolmara:           ((yes, as Morti said, splattering spider guts))

AlexPetrovich99:           3 for torch; 15 for sword (unles I add Str twice; then it's

19)

RSwiftblade:     ::are there any other beasties in the room?

Tolmara:           This time, the creature stops dead in its tracks and collapses,

spilling greenish-black blood everywhere.

Lunauc:            ::seeing the thing die and fall beside hims from his allies sword,

offers absentmindedly, "Uh... Lensha..."

Tolmara:           ((check out the map at:

http://taliesinnyc.tripod.com/asflag2.jpg))

Tolmara:           The creature disappears with a loud *POP*

Tolmara:           As it vanishes, air rushes in to fill the void left by the

creature.

RSwiftblade:     "I see, we send all the creatures back...but there is a

dilemma... if they are evil I am bound to destroy them"

Lunauc:            ::blinking at it's disappearance:: "Does that normally happen?"

RSwiftblade:     "Let's move on to the next room.  The gouls must be destroyed

Morti"

Lunauc:            "Hai hai." ::stands up, dusting himself off and picking up his bow::

AlexPetrovich99:           ::grips his weapons firmly and proceeds onward::

RSwiftblade:     ::moves to the next door::

VBJunkie:         "forward"

RSwiftblade:     "Morti, where are the gouls?"

Tolmara:           ((which?))

Lunauc:            "I dunno"

Tolmara:           ((which door I mean?))

Lunauc:            ::looks back toward the stairs for a second then to his comrades::

"Moiraine said they're either down here ins servant quarter's or outside to

work the garden"

Lunauc:            (there another door in this room?)

RSwiftblade:     "To the servants quarters"

Tolmara:           You see that this room is in fact a wine cellar, and that there

doesn't seem to be any apparent exit out of there.

RSwiftblade:     ::check for doors::

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  17

Tolmara:           ((we can stop here, or we can continue for as long as you want

folks.))

RSwiftblade:     17

Lunauc:            ((I can keep going if you guyys can))

Tolmara:           ((which door, Alfred?))

RSwiftblade:     I would like to end this section this session

RSwiftblade:     (any secret doors)

Tolmara:           (no.)

RSwiftblade:     (ok what about that door near 5a)

Lunauc:            (leds head for the door in the kitchen, k?)

Lunauc:            (that's where we are)

RSwiftblade:     sounds good

Tolmara:           ((check the map.  you're in room 8))

Lunauc:            (so you know the map doesn't have a room 8)

Tolmara:           ((the E door out of 6?))

AlexPetrovich99:           (ok)

Lunauc:            (hai)

RSwiftblade:     ok sounds good

Tolmara:           ((yes it does if you go to the url:

http://taliesinnyc.tripod.com/asflag2.jpg. you need to hit the refresh button

on your browser))

Lunauc:            (yeah, no 8)

Tolmara:           ((as you explore the room, the map will change))

RSwiftblade:     &d

RSwiftblade:     7d

Lunauc:            (d's where the fire was)

RSwiftblade:     or the door right above it on the map...either or

AlexPetrovich99:           (let's use the door over by where the fre was ok?)

AlexPetrovich99:           ((keep it simple))

RSwiftblade:     ok that is good by me

RSwiftblade:     (Stan we go to the door where the fire was)

AlexPetrovich99:           (then we can just as easily hit the next one after that :P

)

Lunauc:            (ok, just figured since we were passing through the kitchen anyway)

Lunauc:            (onward))

AlexPetrovich99:           (we're gonna hit it anyways..lol why spend all night

debating over a door?)

Tolmara:           ((no, the kitchen is 6.  the room with the D is 7.  so which door

is it?))

Lunauc:            ::follows reiner to the east door in 7::

RSwiftblade:     6 is closer

Lunauc:            (that's where yer going, right?)

AlexPetrovich99:           ::as does Je'rar::

RSwiftblade:     ::listens at door 6::

AlexPetrovich99:           eeny-meny-miny-moe...

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  14

RSwiftblade:     (14)

AlexPetrovich99:           ::also listens..::

RSwiftblade:     "Come on everyone...I need an ale"

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  2

AlexPetrovich99:           nope; i didn't hear a thing

Lunauc:            "Well we were just in a wine cellar"

AlexPetrovich99:           "hehehe very funny Reiner.."

Tolmara:           ((sigh))

Lunauc:            ((double sigh))

Tolmara:           ((make up your mind guys, I'm building the map as you go along, so

now it's room 6, not 7?))

RSwiftblade:     6

AlexPetrovich99:           6

AlexPetrovich99:           6

Lunauc:            (ok no more changing)

Lunauc:            (thank god I had some rancid to listen to through that)

AlexPetrovich99:           (try and take it easy on the guy..mustbe a royal pain to

start those maps and then ahve to do them all over)

RSwiftblade:     We are all agreed it is 6

AlexPetrovich99:           yay

AlexPetrovich99:           8-)

VBJunkie:         : )

RSwiftblade:     no more changes stan...promise

Lunauc:            (throws streamers and blows a noise maker   "WE MADE A DECISION!!!

YAY!!!"))

Tolmara:           ((which is why Open RPG is such a breath of fresh air))

AlexPetrovich99:           ( :'( )

RSwiftblade:     just like the penguin

RSwiftblade:     a breath of fresh air

AlexPetrovich99:           *can't use the damn thing

Tolmara:           ((http://taliesinnyc.tripod.com/asflag2a.jpg))

Tolmara:           ((the E is where the ettercap attacked you))

Lunauc:            ((woohoo! the map works for me!!)

Tolmara:           (hold for room description)

RSwiftblade:     "What do we see in 9?

RSwiftblade:     brb

Tolmara:           The door out of the kitchen is NOT smashed for one, but lies

slightly open.  Inside, although the room is cool and constructed of porous

white stone, the odor of spoiled food assaults your senses.

VBJunkie:         "been no cooking in here of late"

VBJunkie:         "although we know why"

Lunauc:            "Ew... Ok, Jer'ar, you can go treasure hunt in there."

Tolmara:           And indeed the room is filled with spoiled food:  rotting wheels of

cheese, hunks of moldy bread and wine that's turned to vinegar.

AlexPetrovich99:           "Rotted beef..it's what's for dinner"::makes a sour face::

Lunauc:            (how long was this guy dead?)

VBJunkie:         ((trapped died today actually))

AlexPetrovich99:           ::backs out of the room,seeing no need to stay there::

Lunauc:            (whatever)

Lunauc:            "well onto the next room then" ::heading to 7, with the smell of

more rotting flesh::

AlexPetrovich99:           ::shuts the door behind us::

AlexPetrovich99:           "Well I'm just dying for a great big hunk of steak and

potatoes now; how about you guys?"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::laughs::

RSwiftblade:     back

Lunauc:            "I'd be fine never eating again"  :-$

RSwiftblade:     "Come on folks"

VBJunkie:         ::follows along::

RSwiftblade:     ::Before we go let me give this room one last once over::

RSwiftblade:     spot check

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  11

RSwiftblade:     (11)

AlexPetrovich99:           "Oh Reiner..ok..I'll take a look too"

Lunauc:            ::heads to ::stops apparently debating something in his head::

AlexPetrovich99:           *sighs* knowing he has a pretty keen sense of sight

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  15

Tolmara:           The door beyond is not smashed and is in fact closed.

AlexPetrovich99:           20

RSwiftblade:     "This is a mage's tower"

Tolmara:           (No sound beyond.)

Lunauc:            "Hey good news, Moiraine says I could control the ghouls"

RSwiftblade:     "No, they are gouls and must be destroyed"

RSwiftblade:     "Moiraine and I have a difference of opinion there"

Lunauc:            "Hey, they're faithful servants to this houses master"

Lunauc:            "besides, we could at least let them clean the place up"

RSwiftblade:     "They are an abomination of life"

RSwiftblade:     "Is that not true Trayn?"

VBJunkie:         "I shall destroy them myself"

Lunauc:            ::shrugging:: "I'm sure a lot of things are"

Lunauc:            "Ah, come on. at least let me try first"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I say we kill all the ghouls..there's no place for them

among the living"

Lunauc:            ::moping a bit, mumbles to himself:: "I've never commanded anything

before"

RSwiftblade:     ::Well lets open this door::

Lunauc:            ::mopes as he follows along knowing he won't get his way::

RSwiftblade:     "should we do it gently or not...either way works for me"

AlexPetrovich99:           "They're ghouls..why be gentle?"

Lunauc:            ::Glares at Jer'ar for a second::

FenrysStar:       ((I love home improvement projects, a lot of yelling, screaming

and whining and that's before we get started))

RSwiftblade:     "Ye are right...let me check for traps...::give the door a once

over::

AlexPetrovich99:           "What?You mean to say you like undead?"

AlexPetrovich99:           *at Morti

RSwiftblade:     "He is just learning Je'rar"

AlexPetrovich99:           "They're evil."

VBJunkie:         "worse"

RSwiftblade:     "Aye tis true"

Lunauc:            "Never met any... but these things are or were asflags servants who

kept care of his place. we should show them some respect"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I know..but the idea of anybody Iknow turning into

something so vile sickens me

AlexPetrovich99:           "

AlexPetrovich99:           "If he had ghouls for servants,then Asflag must have also

been evil. Tellls you something,doesn't it?"

Lunauc:            "Didn't seem that evil"

RSwiftblade:     "Or grey..."

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  17

Lunauc:            "Whatever... are we going in?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "If the devil came up to you dresed as a gorgeous

lady,you'd follow him straight to hell under that line of thinking"

RSwiftblade:     (17) spot check on door...looking for evidence of a trap

AlexPetrovich99:           (wishes we h ad tha Dantrag key :P )

Lunauc:            ::Goes silent hearing jer'ar's theory, thinking over something

else::

Lunauc:            "Maybe...."

FenrysStar:       ((I'm slowly but sure getting brought up to speed, thanks,

Stan))

RSwiftblade:     "Ah I can not wait longer"

Tolmara:           (none)

RSwiftblade:     ::kicks in door::

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  1

RSwiftblade:     5

Tolmara:           As the door is kicked in by Reiner, a deathly silence greets

you....

Tolmara:           ((http://taliesinnyc.tripod.com/asflag2b.jpg is the URL for the new

map))

RSwiftblade:     ::Reiner enters::

RSwiftblade:     ::1 sword drawn and holy symbol handy::

Tolmara:           ((ok, moving forward folks, the room numbers on the map are OOC

reference.  so if you want to check out what's behind a door, do it with

double parentheses, ok?))

AlexPetrovich99:           ::I follow with torch and sword::

RSwiftblade:     (10)

RSwiftblade:     ((10)

RSwiftblade:     )

Tolmara:           The door is closed and firmly barred.

RSwiftblade:     ::spot check for evidence of traps::

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  3

Lunauc:            ::following in after the others takes a look around the hall:: "She

said servant quarters"

RSwiftblade:     ::listens at door::

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  8

RSwiftblade:     (8)

Lunauc:            ::looking at rooms through 14:: "They'd be the small rooms, packed

together"

AlexPetrovich99:           "let's make sure our backsides are clear first,hm?"

RSwiftblade:     "Aye one room at a time "

Lunauc:            ::his expression has been dour since Jer'ar's last statement and

more so standing before what he guesses is the servant quarters::

RSwiftblade:     "There is breathing behind the door"

Lunauc:            ::timidly:: "Um... I know we have to kill them and all, but... could

we do it... I dunno.. peacefully?"

RSwiftblade:     ::kicks in door::  "Here we go"

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  5

RSwiftblade:     (9)

Tolmara:           The door withstands Reiner's assault.

AlexPetrovich99:           "let me ad my strength to yours,brother"

AlexPetrovich99:           *add

RSwiftblade:     "Let's give it another try"

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  6

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  9

AlexPetrovich99:           "again?"

RSwiftblade:     (10)

AlexPetrovich99:           13

RSwiftblade:     "We must be tired"

Lunauc:            "Maybe it's magically held"

FenrysStar:       ::listening as they tire themselves out keeping my senses sharp

and my bow notched.::

Tolmara:           The door flies open and as it does so, a crossbow rigged up to fire

as the door is opened fires at point blank range, at Jer'ar.  (Reflex save.)

AlexPetrovich99:           oh joy

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  3

AlexPetrovich99:           lol this couild come close todropping me  :)

Tolmara:           (Fort save.)

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  6

AlexPetrovich99:           yep

AlexPetrovich99:           11

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 6-sided die:  1

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 6-sided die:  4

AlexPetrovich99:           ::staggers backward and is suddenly looking very awkward as

opposed to his nromal self::

Lunauc:            ::gasps as jer'ar gets himself hit again::

Tolmara:           As the crossbow collapses to the floor, a figure, swaddled in white

cloth rises from the bed, breathing heavily and moaning loudly.  It moves

swiftly and menancingly towards Jer'ar.

AlexPetrovich99:           "I.... I feel.. like I would if I had far too much to

drink....almost"

FenrysStar:       ::taking aim at the figure::

Tolmara:           (roll init)

AlexPetrovich99:           ::back-pedals away ::

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  16

OnlineHost:       VBJunkie rolled 1 20-sided die:  19

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  13

VBJunkie:         (20)

OnlineHost:       FenrysStar rolled 1 20-sided die:  1

AlexPetrovich99:           20

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  3

FenrysStar:       (4)

RSwiftblade:     (6)

AlexPetrovich99:           oh crap..not 20

AlexPetrovich99:           17

OnlineHost:       Lunauc rolled 1 20-sided die:  14

Lunauc:            (16)

AlexPetrovich99:           woulda been a 20

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  3

Lunauc:            "I guess we found the adherer"

Tolmara:           (20, Trayn)

VBJunkie:         ::casts a spell::

VBJunkie:         a flame erupts out of his hand

VBJunkie:         (done)

RSwiftblade:     "Je'rar step to the back ye are wounded...a smart warrior knows

when to fall back"

Tolmara:           (damage?)

Tolmara:           (do I need to roll a save or something?)

RSwiftblade:     "War father, give me your toughness..."

VBJunkie:         (no its flame blade... its a flaming scimitar right now)

Tolmara:           (ok)

Tolmara:           (18, the creature)

Tolmara:           The creature moves swiftly towards Jer'ar and Reiner.

Tolmara:           (On Reiner.)

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  12

Tolmara:           (AC 15, which is probably a miss.)

RSwiftblade:     "yup

VBJunkie:         ((might be flatfooted))

Tolmara:           (17, Jer'ar)

AlexPetrovich99:           ::thrusts my torch at its cloths and steps back behind

Reiner and company:: "You read my mind"

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  17

AlexPetrovich99:           22

VBJunkie:         "let me handle this creature!"

AlexPetrovich99:           (here's hoping it catches fitre)

Tolmara:           (hit)

AlexPetrovich99:           *fire

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 3-sided die:  3

AlexPetrovich99:           7

Tolmara:           No effect.  In fact, when the torch strikes the creature, it's

extinguished.

AlexPetrovich99:           (well at least I did more than just bruise its ribs :P )

Tolmara:           As the creature closes in, you see that the "cloth" is actually a

type of skin that reminds you of extremely thick sludge.

AlexPetrovich99:           *there is now space for someone else to go up to the

creature

Tolmara:           Wet, viscous sludge and slime.

Tolmara:           (16, Morti)

Lunauc:            "great." ::rushes in and thrusts his hand past Reiner to try the

color spray again::

Lunauc:            :: fires the beam out, hoping to at least stun it for the moment::

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 4-sided die:  4

VBJunkie:         ((does it have eyes?))

VBJunkie:         : )

Tolmara:           (yes)

Tolmara:           (6, Reiner)

RSwiftblade:     (do I get any extra bonus due to the spell?)

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  8

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  7

Tolmara:           (uh, do you really need one?  heheh.  no.)

RSwiftblade:     16, 15

Tolmara:           (hit x2)

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 2 8-sided dice:  6 6

RSwiftblade:     22

VBJunkie:         "Ill flame this mummy creature!"

VBJunkie:         (a bladeshaped flame is crackling in his hand)

Lunauc:            "fire doesn't work. weren't you watching"

VBJunkie:         "thats your fire... mine is magic"

Lunauc:            ::shrug:: "Oh yeah"

Tolmara:           As Reiner strikes the creature with his swords, the creature turns

its limbs sideways and wrestles both swords OUT of Reiner's hands.

RSwiftblade:     ouch

Tolmara:           In fact, the swords are now adhering to the creature's skin.

RSwiftblade:     "That hurt"

RSwiftblade:     "Perhaps cold is the answer Drenla or Morti"

VBJunkie:         "hmmmm that shouldn't happen to me...I 'hope it doesnt"

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 2 20-sided dice:  19 13

Lunauc:            ::seeing the swords stick on, suddenly realizes something:: "OHhh...

Adherer"

RSwiftblade:     22 reflex save

Lunauc:            "how bout we just throw stuff to stick on him till he can't move?"

Tolmara:           (4, Drenla)

Tolmara:           Drenla mutters, eyes narrowed.  "Let's see you have a taste of

this," as he raises the staff and mutters an incantation.

FenrysStar:       ::takes careful aim and fires:

FenrysStar:       ((I got a 4 as well))

OnlineHost:       FenrysStar rolled 1 20-sided die:  11

Tolmara:           He pops a small lump of wax into his mouth, chews and spits out a

tongue of fire at the creature.

Tolmara:           (Reiner, Reflex save as the tongue of flame singes you.)

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 3 6-sided dice:  2 3 5

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 2 20-sided dice:  13 8

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  8

RSwiftblade:     (17)

FenrysStar:       ((using rapid shot so that's a 14 total))

RSwiftblade:     reflex 17

Tolmara:           The tongue of crimson flames smashes into the creature's head,

engulfing it in fire...although these flames crackle with the stench of

ozone.

Lunauc:            "Uh... think we should try the magic word?"

Tolmara:           They're quickly extinguished however.

RSwiftblade:     "Cold not fire...cold!"

Tolmara:           (half damage.  it took 5)

RSwiftblade:     "Do ye not listen?"

Tolmara:           (miss by Lythar)

OnlineHost:       FenrysStar rolled 1 20-sided die:  4

FenrysStar:       ((other shot misses as well 7 total))

Lunauc:            "Hmmmm...."

Tolmara:           (20, Trayn)

VBJunkie:         ::moves in for the attack..  his flaming blade leading the way::

(attack is Touch Attack and has no save)

OnlineHost:       VBJunkie rolled 1 20-sided die:  1

VBJunkie:         ((i was smelling that))

VBJunkie:         ((was going to type - but if you roll a 1 then i doesnt matter))

RSwiftblade:     ((the dice are not kind tonight))

VBJunkie:         ((my lone attack for this session and i get that))

Tolmara:           The creature isn't moving around much, as it's stunned and blinded.

RSwiftblade:     (Ah free attacks! LOL))

Lunauc:            (and ya still missed.....)

Tolmara:           (So in fact you don't need to strike this round.)

Lunauc:            (doesn't the stun end on my turn?)

VBJunkie:         ((well if i moved more that 5' i do))

VBJunkie:         than

AlexPetrovich99:           (round 2 ?)

VBJunkie:         ((within 5' it would be a coup - no attack needed))

Tolmara:           (17, Jer'ar)

AlexPetrovich99:           ::runs like hell to the kitchen to where the vingary wine

is and grabs as much as he can and brings it back::

RSwiftblade:     next

Tolmara:           (that will take two rounds.)

Tolmara:           (Morti, 16)

AlexPetrovich99:           (ok)

RSwiftblade:     (he's pretty beat up)

Lunauc:            ::while preparing his crossbow, takes a breath before speaking

hopefully:: "ya know... if I can control those ghouls... maybe..."

Lunauc:            ::pointing at mr sticky::

VBJunkie:         "you can try to control the ghouls... but I'll turn them anyway"

VBJunkie:         "there is no need to be in league with such creatures... creatures

that need to be destroyed"

Lunauc:            ::shrugs:: "Magic word then? Unless yer really intent on killing it"

Lunauc:            ::Shrug:: "It might work"

VBJunkie:         "I'll be able to destroy it.... my attack won't go astray again"

Lunauc:            "Okay"

RSwiftblade:     "Stop your arguing and do something"

Tolmara:           (well...?)

Lunauc:            (oh, getting out his crossbow was his action, hehe sorry)

Tolmara:           (6, Reiner)

RSwiftblade:     ::aims at the creature's legs::

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  18

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  20

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  12

RSwiftblade:     (first atttack a hit second a crit

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 8-sided die:  2

RSwiftblade:     35

RSwiftblade:     (28 +7)

Tolmara:           (how many attacks?  remember that each attack deals 1/4 dmg)

RSwiftblade:     2

RSwiftblade:     ok...so

RSwiftblade:     30

RSwiftblade:     rounded up or 29 rounded down

RSwiftblade:     12

RSwiftblade:     (only 12)

Tolmara:           (ok, skipping Reiner while the player is calculating damage.  4,

Drenla)

Tolmara:           The creature is critically wounded, even after that onslaught.

RSwiftblade:     so 14 total

Tolmara:           Drenla sneers.  "This is almost pathetic, really."

Tolmara:           He spits out an incantation in which three flaming cobras streak

out from the staff.

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 3 4-sided dice:  2 1 3

FenrysStar:       ::growls and takes aim yet again::

Tolmara:           ...bringing the creature crashing down on the ground.

OnlineHost:       FenrysStar rolled 1 20-sided die:  14

FenrysStar:       ((ac 17))

OnlineHost:       FenrysStar rolled 1 20-sided die:  11

FenrysStar:       ((ac 14))

Lunauc:            ::peering at Drenla:: "Sorry, some of us don't have a nifty little

staff of flaming cobras"

FenrysStar:       ((whoops, was rolling as you were doing your thing))

VBJunkie:         ::stands with his flaming d-ck in his hand::

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "It's because of you that my magic isn't as effective as

before, little mage."

Lunauc:            "Huh?"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "I don't know what you did, but my magic has been reduced

to that of an apprentice wizard!"

Lunauc:            "I didn't do nothin"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "You can clean up this mess yourself.  Sorcerer indeed."

RSwiftblade:     "Come on, let's get rid of the gouls and get out of here"

Lunauc:            ::looks to trayn, honestly questioning:: "Did I?"

VBJunkie:         "not that I know about"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "This staff is nothing more now than a stick of wood,

'suitable only to act as a conduit for my magic'."

Lunauc:            ::Shies away from Drenla::

AlexPetrovich99:           (round 3 yet?)

RSwiftblade:     "I think that is the pearl talking through Drenla"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "At least now, I don't stutter anymore.  So I'm not sure

if that's a proper trade off, if I have you to thank."

Tolmara:           (no, no need, Mike.)

Lunauc:            ::heading down the hall toward rooms 11-14, mumbles:: "I didn't do

anything"

AlexPetrovich99:           (trying to time my re-arrival)

AlexPetrovich99:           ::runs up with vinegary wine in tow::

Tolmara:           Jer'ar bursts through the door, carrying a couple of wine bottles.

RSwiftblade:     "You did nothing...but stay by my side.  Drenla is now very

dangerous"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::surveys the scene::

VBJunkie:         "Its a little early for a celibration Jer'ar"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Oh"

RSwiftblade:     ::he mutters to Morti::

AlexPetrovich99:           "No Trayn...no celebration"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I thought if the thing makes objects stick,then the

vinegary wine would make it dissolve"

RSwiftblade:     "I fear that I may have to protect you from him"

RSwiftblade:     "Come on let us get those gouls and be done with this place"

VBJunkie:         "lets continue... my spell still lasts"

RSwiftblade:     ::goes to door 11::

Lunauc:            :-\ ::a troubled look comes to his scarfed face as he turns from

Reiner::

AlexPetrovich99:           ::puts the wine down and grabs his trusty longsword and

mace)

AlexPetrovich99:           * and mace::

Lunauc:            "Uh... about the ghouls..."

RSwiftblade:     "Yes?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Let's not waste Trayn's spell"

Lunauc:            "I know it's stupid, but if I can control, can we try to end them

peacefully?"

AlexPetrovich99:           :motions to Trayn we should keep it moving::

AlexPetrovich99:           "Morti?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "There's nothing peaceful about combat,and especially not

with undead"

RSwiftblade:     ::kicks door and steps aside in there is a trap waiting::

AlexPetrovich99:           "They will try to eat you"

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  7

Lunauc:            "Maybe..."

AlexPetrovich99:           "Alive"

RSwiftblade:     (14)

Tolmara:           ((which room, Alfred?))

Lunauc:            ::glowers as he moves toward the door behind Reiner::

RSwiftblade:     (11)

RSwiftblade:     room 11

VBJunkie:         "I shall turn them and it will lead to their destruction"

Tolmara:           The door flies open to reveal a spare bedroom -- bed and trunk.  On

the bed, swaddled in clothes is a sleeping form.

Lunauc:            ::Glowers at their words:: "At least give me a second, please"

RSwiftblade:     "Wake up, ye are free to go"

Lunauc:            "Uh... Reiner, I think that's a ghoul."

VBJunkie:         ((feels like he's been here before))

Tolmara:           The figure rolls over.  "Oh really?  Well in that case, I'd like

you for lunch!"

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  12

Tolmara:           (miss)

VBJunkie:         "Holy Solnor!"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Holy Sh*t"

Tolmara:           It seems to be a ghoul.

Lunauc:            ::Gulping back some fear, tries to command:: "halt!"

RSwiftblade:     "I'm afraid I would be a bit grissly fer ya to eat"

FenrysStar:       ::shakes his head and growls like a wolf.::

RSwiftblade:     "But ye can taste the steel of me swords"

Tolmara:           (Fort save, all.)

OnlineHost:       VBJunkie rolled 1 20-sided die:  14

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  11

OnlineHost:       Lunauc rolled 1 20-sided die:  3

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  20

Tolmara:           (roll init after making the save.)

OnlineHost:       FenrysStar rolled 1 20-sided die:  10

AlexPetrovich99:           16

VBJunkie:         ((19)

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  1

Lunauc:            (eek 7)

FenrysStar:       15

AlexPetrovich99:           init 8

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  14

OnlineHost:       FenrysStar rolled 1 20-sided die:  17

RSwiftblade:     (init 17)

OnlineHost:       Lunauc rolled 1 20-sided die:  6

VBJunkie:         (fort 19)

OnlineHost:       VBJunkie rolled 1 20-sided die:  18

Lunauc:            (8 init)

FenrysStar:       (fort 15 init 20

VBJunkie:         (init 19)

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 6-sided die:  6

RSwiftblade:     fort 30+

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 2 20-sided dice:  16 1

Tolmara:           (20, Lythar)

FenrysStar:       ::firing my bow at the ghoul, 2 shots::

OnlineHost:       FenrysStar rolled 2 20-sided dice:  6 1

FenrysStar:       ((and missing with both, next time I go back to rolling them

seperately))

RSwiftblade:     "Have a taste of some cold steel...I have had a bad

day...adherers, gargoyles, mages I am ready for a drink"

Tolmara:           (19, Trayn)

VBJunkie:         ::moves in to strike it down... bringing his flaming blade to

bear::

OnlineHost:       VBJunkie rolled 1 20-sided die:  5

VBJunkie:         (hits ac 9 touch)

Tolmara:           (miss)

VBJunkie:         (banner day for Trayn here)

Tolmara:           (on Trayn)

Tolmara:           (18, the creature)

Tolmara:           "Ah, a Lightwalker.  Truly the Shadow has blessed me today."

Tolmara:           It bares it's bloody teeth.

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 3 20-sided dice:  4 20 9

VBJunkie:         "for finally your days shall end!" he states boldly

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  4

OnlineHost:       VBJunkie rolled 1 20-sided die:  1

VBJunkie:         (ok what else can go wrong)

RSwiftblade:     (can you say karma?)

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 6-sided die:  2

Lunauc:            (next we find out the ghoul's bite makes you impotent)

VBJunkie:         ((am already there))

VBJunkie:         ((pre-ghoul attack))

AlexPetrovich99:           (and suffering from elephantiasis)

Tolmara:           (17, Reiner)

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  18

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  20

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 8-sided die:  5

RSwiftblade:     10 on the regular hit

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  5

RSwiftblade:     (23 total)

Tolmara:           The creature dies.

Lunauc:            ::still wretching from the stench::

RSwiftblade:     "Are you all right TRayn?"

Tolmara:           (Graphically, Reiner plunges his sword into the creature's throat

as it withdraws it's maw off of Trayn's shoulder.)

Lunauc:            "Koff, koff.... eyyuhuckk..."

Tolmara:           Trayn on the other hand, can't move or speak.

RSwiftblade:     "These are repugnant creatures...so "

Tolmara:           It's as if he's frozen in place.

RSwiftblade:     "Trayn...trayn.?"

Lunauc:            ::between koffs:: "Euyughh... at least most master's.. koff... make

their servant's bat.. koff..."

AlexPetrovich99:           ::does the ld wave my hand in front of his face::

AlexPetrovich99:           "Hmm..statue"

Lunauc:            "bathe..."

Lunauc:            ::glancing to trayn, but steps from the room to get a little further

from the odor::

RSwiftblade:     ::closes door::

Lunauc:            ::hacking:: "Eeww.. the taste's in my mouth..."

RSwiftblade:     "He will come out of it in a little while"

RSwiftblade:     "There are only three rooms left..."

Lunauc:            ::catching his breath:: "and three or more of them"

Lunauc:            "You sure Trayn'll be okay?"

RSwiftblade:     "Yes I have seen this before...he will live"

Lunauc:            ::nods to Reiner:: "Alright then"

Lunauc:            ::still coughing out the stench, lifts his crosbow to follow::

"Guess I can't control em, so it's yer way"

RSwiftblade:     "They are foul as I described...Trayn will come out of it in a

little while"

FenrysStar:       "That was really a ghast, ghouls don't speak much

Lunauc:            ::grimacing, he slowly nods to Reiner:: "I know, I know"

RSwiftblade:     "Whatever it was it is gone now"

VBJunkie:         ::gurgles and whines as appropriate when regaining self control::

Lunauc:            "On to the next one then?" :Gesturing to 12::

AlexPetrovich99:           "Glad to see you're back with us"

VBJunkie:         ((thankfully this doesnt include painful loss of control of the

bowels))

Lunauc:            :-) ::forces a smile:: "Hey train"

RSwiftblade:     "Ye are back... he took a chunk out of yer shoulder, but I

mended it"

RSwiftblade:     "Can ye still fight man?"

VBJunkie:         "ill be find... let me walk this off"

VBJunkie:         "damn... bit right into me... right thru my links"

Lunauc:            "Sorry. I couldn't stop him."

Tolmara:           The door is closed.

RSwiftblade:     "Stand back"  ::kicks it open and jumps to the side::

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  14

RSwiftblade:     (18)

Tolmara:           The room is empty.

Lunauc:            (next)

Tolmara:           (well, there's a bed and a trunk, but no sleeping form.)

RSwiftblade:     "Good empty"

Lunauc:            (maybe we should smell at the doors?)

RSwiftblade:     (door 13)

Tolmara:           The door is closed.

RSwiftblade:     Stand back"  ::kicks it open and jumps to the side::

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  13

RSwiftblade:     (17)

Tolmara:           (same as above.)

Lunauc:            ::seeing the empty rooms:: "They might be working the fields"

RSwiftblade:     (14)

RSwiftblade:     (door 14)

RSwiftblade:     "Stand back"  ::kicks it open and jumps to the side::

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  2

RSwiftblade:     (6)

RSwiftblade:     (door opens?)

Tolmara:           (no effect.)

RSwiftblade:     "I can't open this one ...anyone else care to give it a try?"

Lunauc:            "Why don't you try the knob?"

Lunauc:            (or... slide... or ....whatever)

RSwiftblade:     "It is harder to get out of the way if it is trapped"

RSwiftblade:     "I suppose I could try it again"

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  9

RSwiftblade:     (13)

Lunauc:            "You just bashed against his door. I think we've already lost the

element of surprise"

Tolmara:           The door opens, and it is, as above, an empty chamber except for a

bed and a trunk.

RSwiftblade:     "Hm that is odd...where are the rest of these creatures?"

Lunauc:            ::Seeing the empty room:: "They must be upstairs. Moiraine said they

work the fields"

FenrysStar:       ::smirks and checks out the trunk carefully::

VBJunkie:         "well then.. if this is it then we are done down here"

Tolmara:           The trunk appears to contain nothing except old clothing and a few

copper pence.

AlexPetrovich99:           "Careful how you handle that gravel Lythar"

AlexPetrovich99:           [  ;)  ]

Lunauc:            ::begins back toward the stairs to get back to Moiraine::

Lunauc:            (hehe)

Tolmara:           ((joke Michael.  It's in the log.))

RSwiftblade:     "Let's head up stairs"  ::gives this set of rooms a last look::

AlexPetrovich99:           "Yes..let's"

Tolmara:           (hm, Lythar, Search check as you exit the room)

RSwiftblade:     "Lythar, check and see if you notice any doors"

OnlineHost:       FenrysStar rolled 1 20-sided die:  15

FenrysStar:       ::is about to exit the room when something catches my eye I go

over to the end of the corridor and opens up the secret door.::

RSwiftblade:     "What do ye see?

Tolmara:           ((http://taliesinnyc.tripod.com/asflag2c.jpg to check out the new

map))

Tolmara:           ((arrows indicate the way up on the staircases btw))

Lunauc:            :looks back:: "What's going on?"

Tolmara:           ((except in the case of the staircase in the secret passage.  that

staircase leads down.))

AlexPetrovich99:           "Think she might be kept prisoner down there?"

FenrysStar:       "I thought that looked out of place"

RSwiftblade:     "Well shall we?

Lunauc:            :strolls back seeing the others gathered at the new entrance::

"Guess we go deeper"

VBJunkie:         "I guess we do"

RSwiftblade:     "I hope this is not a crypt"

RSwiftblade:     ::starts to proceed down::

Lunauc:            ::follows after them::

Tolmara:           When you enter the passage deep beneath the mansion, there is a

distinct odor of damp, freshly turned earth.

AlexPetrovich99:           (any light?)

Tolmara:           The odor is similar to that which you smelled above, in the

mansion's corridors.  No light, unless you count the phophorescent moss on

the sides of the passage.

AlexPetrovich99:           *re-lights the torch

Tolmara:           Frigid air ((ooc:  remember that it's late autumn in a similar

environment to New York State)) permeates the corridor.

Tolmara:           ((or northern Alberta, if you want to be technical.))

Tolmara:           (which way, left or right?)

Lunauc:            ::hugs his jacket closed, a shiver running down his spine::

RSwiftblade:     (left all?)

Lunauc:            (right is the most common answer... ::glares suggestively:: and I

figure you are aware of that. So left it is)

AlexPetrovich99:           (yes, I know that,and I agree)

Tolmara:           You traipse down the passage, and after a while, emerge into the

bottom of a stone shaft.  A lever can be seen, protruding out of the wall

near the corridor's end.

RSwiftblade:     (what do we see as we walk left?)

RSwiftblade:     ::looks up::

RSwiftblade:     "This is very odd"

Lunauc:            ::looks around the room for some clue as to what it is for::

Tolmara:           You spot a ceiling made of wood.  A strong thick pillar of stone

supports the ceiling, and stands in the middle of the room.

RSwiftblade:     "What make you of this lythar?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Don't touch the lever; it might make the pillar fall for

all we know"

VBJunkie:         "this looks like a trap... protecting what I know not"

VBJunkie:         ::exits out of the room::

FenrysStar:       "Interesting I'm not sure what to make of all this, so many

twists and turns to this tower"

RSwiftblade:     "Does the stone pillar look as though in extends into the

floor?

RSwiftblade:     "Could it be a mechanical or magical device?"

FenrysStar:       ((doing a search check to see what's about.))

OnlineHost:       FenrysStar rolled 1 20-sided die:  4

FenrysStar:       ((13 total))

AlexPetrovich99:           "Let's try the other direction..maybe that'll shed some

light on things"

RSwiftblade:     ::searches also::

FenrysStar:       "Pillar goes straight through the floor, I wonder what that

lever does?"

Lunauc:            "Moiraine says she recalls Asflag mentioning  a transport shaft"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I say leave it be until we have a better idea"

RSwiftblade:     "I believe this is a device of some sort...look, the shaft goes

through the floor"

FenrysStar:       ::starts looking for hinges or anything suggesting a trap door::

RSwiftblade:     "Did she say where it leads?"

Lunauc:            "She doesn't know"

FenrysStar:       ((let's try a spot check shall we?))

OnlineHost:       FenrysStar rolled 1 20-sided die:  4

FenrysStar:       ((13 again the only thing consistant about these dice is that

they don't like us much))

Lunauc:            "But I figure it'll bring us to that trader's entrance in the back"

Lunauc:            "Well... I'm guessing really"

RSwiftblade:     "This must be the ground floor and if it is a transport device

then the other way leads outside"

RSwiftblade:     "Let's go the other way"

AlexPetrovich99:           "yes,let's"

Lunauc:            (we're beneath ground,aren't we?)

Lunauc:            "Okay"

Tolmara:           (yes)

RSwiftblade:     "That must be where the cold is coming from"

VBJunkie:         "lets stay where we have experience with"

VBJunkie:         "why are we down here anyway?"

VBJunkie:         "we've done our job and we have a new one to accomplish"

Lunauc:            "Because the witch might be trapped down here"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I agre completely with Morti"

VBJunkie:         "well lets start calling for her..."

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "She's not here."

AlexPetrovich99:           ::looks atthe probable shock on Morti's face as he hears me

say that::

Lunauc:            ::looks to drenla:: "Huh?"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "You heard me, little mage.  Your Aes Sedai witch is not

here."

Lunauc:            "Really? You know where she is?"

VBJunkie:         "here as in down here or here as in in the tower?"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "Actually, no, I don't know exactly where she is, and I

really don't care.  But she is not here in this tower and she is not here in

this town."

Lunauc:            ::blinking:: "How do you know?"

VBJunkie:         "well then I'm correct... we are done"

VBJunkie:         "besides finding those stray Ghouls that is"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "Others have said that she lies on an island far to the

south of here, in a tower of stone."

Lunauc:            "You know who she is?"

RSwiftblade:     "There are those ghouls...remember?"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "If you wish to be a mage, you should start acting like

one.  Observe and listen instead of acting on impulse like these warriors."

FenrysStar:       ::leans against a wall and contemplates throwing the switch just

on general principal::

Lunauc:            ::lets his head lull to the side as he listens to the expierenced

mage::

AlexPetrovich99:           ::notices Lythar and backs away from the area::

AlexPetrovich99:           "Are we going to the other end or not?"

Lunauc:            "If you knew all this, why haven't you said anything all night?"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "I don't know who she is or why she is so important to

you.  Right now, all I care about is getting back to the inn and sleeping in

bed instead of freezing my arse off, almost slain by a pack of ghouls."

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "Because I was waiting for you to come to your senses."

Lunauc:            ::shrinks back under the harsh words::

RSwiftblade:     "Well there is the way out" ::points to the other end of the

corridor..."Lead on Drenla"

FenrysStar:       ::sighsand heads off towards area 15::

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "Now then, let's move on so we can get out of here."

Lunauc:            (we're at 15)

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  3

RSwiftblade:     "Come on let us get out of here"

VBJunkie:         "we have things to do anyway..."

Lunauc:            "Won't the other ghouls cause trouble though?"

FenrysStar:       ::walks over to the lever and inspect it as well as the general

area around to see if he can get a clue as to what it might do::

FenrysStar:       ((general search check no need to be alarmed))

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "Aren't you their master?  Command them to come to the

Lightwalker and see them destroyed."

OnlineHost:       FenrysStar rolled 1 20-sided die:  9

RSwiftblade:     ::starts to walk towards the cold::

FenrysStar:       ((a little better total of 18))

Lunauc:            "They aren't here to be commanded... even if they did listen..."

VBJunkie:         ((is a bit clueless on the present Ghoul situation))

RSwiftblade:     "I would really like to get an ale and bed"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "Have you tried?"

Lunauc:            "Tried what?"

Lunauc:            ::walking along with the others::

FenrysStar:       "Everyone away from the pillar, I'm going to try something.

RSwiftblade:     "Drenla let him be...stop goating him"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "Tried to command them.  Tried to command the ghast.

Tried to banish it as you did the spiderbeast.  Tried something!"

FenrysStar:       ::pulling on the lever::

AlexPetrovich99:           "DRENLA!"

AlexPetrovich99:           "OH shit..take cover"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::runs out of the whole area::

Lunauc:            ::lets his head lull down:: "I thought I did..."

Tolmara:           Drenla (muttering):  "A fool drains me of my magic and the magic

within the staff.  And he possesses power that I cannot hope to match.  I am

a fool..."

Tolmara:           You hear a humming noise as the pillar begins sinking into the

floor, and gears and levers turn....

Lunauc:            "I said I didn't do anything..."

RSwiftblade:     "Your time will come Morti...do not listen to him..."

Tolmara:           ((you can hear the gears and levers turning))

Tolmara:           ((from somewhere))

Lunauc:            ::looks back to the shaft::

VBJunkie:         ::backs away even more::

RSwiftblade:     ::Whispers to Morti:: "He is your enemy...be careful"

Tolmara:           After a while, the cloakroom from above descends into where the

room was and the doorway lines up with the room's entrance.

Lunauc:            ::looks up at Reiner wide-eyed::

FenrysStar:       ::watching all this and is prepared to try and reverse what he

did if need be or run if he can't::

Tolmara:           ((OOC:  remember the cloakroom with the cloak that Lythar picked

up?  right before the ballroom?))

AlexPetrovich99:           ::calls out::

AlexPetrovich99:           "You gys still alive?"

AlexPetrovich99:           *You guys

FenrysStar:       ((I still have the cloak, didn't put it on but I still have it))

VBJunkie:         "I am" from room #5

VBJunkie:         ((or the hallway))

Lunauc:            ::shakes off the demeaning and accusations, and gives a forced

snicker at the lowered cloak room:: "Hehe... see? transport"

RSwiftblade:     "See...now lets get out of here...."

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "Well, now that we've seen it, let us away."

VBJunkie:         "I think the stairs would have worked"

Tolmara:           The wizard storms off and exits through the secret passage.

FenrysStar:       "Interesting this must have been quite a place to visit when the

owner was still in attendance"

Lunauc:            ::sniffing the air.:: "It's probably for the ghouls to use. Probably

wouldn't wnat them walking through the kitchen with that stink"

VBJunkie:         ::comes to the dangerous group again.. seeing as they didnt kill

themselves::

RSwiftblade:     "Hehe lets go out the back way"

Lunauc:            "So we're leaving then? What about...? " ::Gestures to the stairs::

Tolmara:           Drenla (to Trayn):  "We've come here and eliminated the creature

that was terrorizing the town.  Let us away to the comfort of an inn, if you

don't mind."

VBJunkie:         "I need to prepare the body..."

RSwiftblade:     "Do you all want to leave this place? Let's go" Continues

walking to the source of the cold::

VBJunkie:         "and give it a proper funeral"

Lunauc:            "Hai hai"

VBJunkie:         (funeral pyre)

AlexPetrovich99:           :hurries  back to them::

VBJunkie:         "I'll need a lot of wood.... which we can get from the garden"

Tolmara:           ((so to the source of the cold?))

AlexPetrovich99:           "I thought for sure you were all gonna die when he went to

pull that thing"

VBJunkie:         "we just need to avoid the scarecrows"

RSwiftblade:     (YES)

AlexPetrovich99:           "I mean,you've seen the other traps in this place.."

Lunauc:            (source? I thought it just was cold)

Tolmara:           Reiner marches down the passageway, and comes to a flight of stairs

leading up.

Lunauc:            ::follows reiner::

FenrysStar:       ::shrugs his shoulders and goes towards the stairs::

AlexPetrovich99:           "Last scarecrow I came across I bashed it to pieces"

RSwiftblade:     "All I can think of right now is a bath and some ale"

Tolmara:           The staircase emerges into a gazebo that looks out over the flower

garden to the SE of the house.

Lunauc:            :: coming up out, looks around the fields for the ghouls::

VBJunkie:         "I'll not need everyone's help"

Lunauc:            (is it morning yet?)

VBJunkie:         "just a few"

RSwiftblade:     "Can ye do it another time? We did give him last rights...that

is all that is needed by my belief"

Tolmara:           ((actually its past noon -- remember, you rested))

Lunauc:            (just checking)

VBJunkie:         "well that's not good enough for me"

Lunauc:            ::to tryan:: "I'll help you."

RSwiftblade:     "I want to go to the inn.  Ye can get your local brothers to

help you"

Tolmara:           ((http://taliesinnyc.tripod.com/outdoor.jpg for the map of Asflag's

tower and grounds.  Location 4 is where you are currently))

VBJunkie:         "fine"

FenrysStar:       ::blinks and sits in the gazebo and looks over the garden::

VBJunkie:         ::takes what help he can get - wont coerce it::

VBJunkie:         "the gazebo... that may make things easier"

VBJunkie:         "it will make an excellent pyre"

Tolmara:           ((At this point, we'll stop.))

Tolmara:           ((don't go, just closing the log.))

RSwiftblade:     good

 


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms