Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
4 users online
1 Registered
0 Hidden
3 Guests
Registered Users: DavidDal


Back to Damrosil Logs
Lunauc:

 

Lunauc:            ( 0.o  .....*shrug* .... appears from the vortexs of nothingness)

Tolmara:           (log is open)

AlexPetrovich99:           "Quickly.. we must burn the seed!"

Lunauc:            (human sorcerer....  a short naive kid who always wears tattered old

scarf on his head that seems to move with him as he talks)

RSwiftblade:     "ok, who can burn this seed?"

Baltak2:            ::pulls out oil, flint, tinder::

Tolmara:           (OOC:  if you refer to the map I sent you guys, you're at location

#5)

RSwiftblade:     "Ah leave it you a dwarf, always ready"

Lunauc:            *blink blink... stands back by the entrance watching the others for

now*

Baltak2:            "someone has to keep an eye on ye kids in the wild"

RSwiftblade:     ((stan can you send it to this account, haven't checked my main

account today))

NeoGameBrain:            ::turns to Drenla::  "Why do you take care of the clean up.

This seems to be your specialty."

Tolmara:           ((done))

AlexPetrovich99:           ::takes out his flint and steel along with some oil::

Baltak2:            ((already did that mikey lol))

Lunauc:             :-$  a bit timidly  "Um.... will that give off any dangerous smoke?

AlexPetrovich99:           "Here..let us take it outside and make a small firepit so

as to not destroy the oen lands.."

Baltak2:            "better than that durn thing comin back"

AlexPetrovich99:           (lol was opening up the picture of the map)

WyldElfRanger:             :shrugs his shoulders and wonders what manner of corruption

could have befelled this region.

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "Uh...uh...unfortunately, I have only a few spells at

hand.  It--it's th...th...the mid-middle of the night, re...re...remember?"

NeoGameBrain:            "I believe the choking smoke would help dispose of anything

that the fire spared."

NeoGameBrain:            "Ah yes.  That would pose a problem later.  Good observation."

Lunauc:            :-\ *scratches head* "Um... okay."

RSwiftblade:     "Just burn the cursed thing and be done with it...I lose

patience"

Baltak2:            "I could use a little time for recovery...after we burn this thing

we should rest for the eve"

NeoGameBrain:            ::lights up a torch::  "I suppose traditional methods are

still the best."

Baltak2:            ::starts unpacking for a nap::

RSwiftblade:     "I do not need much sleep so I will take first watch"

Lunauc:            *stands to the side, with lightx-bow in hand, obviously not use to

this situation*

AlexPetrovich99:           "Come, let us go outside and put an end to this accursed

plant once and for all"

Baltak2:            "go get em je'rar..."::curls under blanket and starts snoring::

WyldElfRanger:             ::looks for a spot to go into revelrie if he has not done so

already. Otherwise he has his bow out and looks about to see what is going

about.""

AlexPetrovich99:           ::starts to head for the exit.. along with the

seed-bearer::

Tolmara:           The smoke given off by the burning seed is a thick, choking,

roiling black cloud that immediately reminds you of mustard seeds being fried

in rancid fish oil.

RSwiftblade:     ::starts to chant::  "Oh War Father, thank you for the gifts

you have given me, may I be worthy of your favour in battle and may you grant

me the power to heal those who have fallen."

AlexPetrovich99:           "II thought I said to burn it outside..." an edge of

irritation clearly evident in his voice

Lunauc:            *koff koff* covers his hand over his scarfed face*

RSwiftblade:     "Listen to the woodsman, this is his field!"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::covers his face,eyes,nose and mouth as best I can as I

finish saying this::

NeoGameBrain:            ::walks away from the spreading smoke, keeping a curious eye

on Rhian::

RSwiftblade:     ::moves away from smoke::

Tolmara:           (I'm assuming you're burning it outside, actually.  The description

is for your benefit.)

AlexPetrovich99:           "I hope none of us get poisoned by this thing's foul fumes"

RSwiftblade:     (ok)

AlexPetrovich99:           ((oh.. well in that case, thank fkn god)) lol

Lunauc:            :-[ "I hate mustard"

Baltak2:            ::snores like a loose blade on a chainsaw))

RSwiftblade:     ((lol))

Lunauc:            (so we aren't at 5 now?)

AlexPetrovich99:           ::I make sure that the seed is burned into a pile of

nothing more than mere ash::

Tolmara:           As you make your way past the rope bridge, the temperature rises

considerably (its quite humid inside the hillock)

Tolmara:           (ok)

RSwiftblade:     ::assumes a military type position with weapons at hand:: "You

all should rest"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::ater seeing its all ashes, I piss  on it::

AlexPetrovich99:           *after

AlexPetrovich99:           then I scatter them to the winds and stamp some well into

the ground::

RSwiftblade:     ::gives Je'rar a dirty look::

Lunauc:            :-\  "Rest? b...but aren't those people still missing?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "What? You never saw a man piss before? Or are you just

jealous of my manhood?"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::chuckles::

RSwiftblade:     "Was that really nessecary, there is a lady present"

AlexPetrovich99:           (she's with the others ..)

NeoGameBrain:            ::shakes his head and turns away::

Tolmara:           (Mike is right, Rhian isn't with you atm)

AlexPetrovich99:           (only us three stated we were going outside to burn this

thing)

RSwiftblade:     ((ok))

AlexPetrovich99:           ((otherwise, yes, a dirty look would've been well-earned!))

Tolmara:           ((ok, what now, folks?))

RSwiftblade:     "Now my friends, You should all rest.  Let Reiner take the

first watch"

Baltak2:            ::already sound asleep...but not quietly hheheh::

Lunauc:            *back in with the sleeping dwarf, begins to cautiously look around

the odd plant in curiousity*

Tolmara:           The plant, seems to be an odd mix of a rotting oak tree combined

with sickly, ghastly looking yellowish flowers atop thick, corded vines that

once moved of their own accord.

RSwiftblade:     ::starts to hum softly under his breath what sounds like a

battle song  as he takes out a wetstone and sharpens his blade::

Tolmara:           The plant seemed to be able to sense creatures approaching it and

would send up to six flowers at a time, in an effort to entrance its victims

with spores.

AlexPetrovich99:           (whoa Stan.. I thought we destroyed the plant..)

Tolmara:           Now, all there is, is a dead and burnt husk.  Still, the odor of

mustard hangs in the air.

WyldElfRanger:             ::sighs and shakes his head at the corruption of a great

tree. He prays to Elantra that they will be able to end this corruption

soon.::

Lunauc:            "Weird plant" (have we been down 6 yet?)

Tolmara:           ((no))

AlexPetrovich99:           ::uproots it, making sure to get every single last piece::

AlexPetrovich99:           ::takes it out to burn as well::

NeoGameBrain:            ::checks a tree throughly to make sure it's normal before

taking an uneasy rest against it, staff in hand::

Lunauc:            ::coming to the tunnel

RSwiftblade:     "You must all rest"

RSwiftblade:     "Reiner will keep watch"

Lunauc:            (6)takes a look down it, listening for signs of life in the distance

while waiting for the others:

OnlineHost:       Lunauc rolled 1 20-sided die:  2

NeoGameBrain:            "Trees taking an unnatural life...a dwarf with

uncharacteristic ties to the forest.  Such strange business.  Strange

business indeed..."

AlexPetrovich99:           ::after burning all that crap, I return to the others::

Tolmara:           (ok)

NeoGameBrain:            "It shall make for an interesting riddle in the morn..."

::falls asleep::

AlexPetrovich99:           ::slow soft yawn::

Lunauc:            ::scratching his head, strolls back over to the others quietly::

AlexPetrovich99:           ::trudges to the tunnel out and listens for anything::

AlexPetrovich99:           (tunnel out being to area 6)

Lunauc:            :takes a seat by the sleeping dwarf, eyeing him curiously:

Baltak2:            ::farts and rolls over::

Lunauc:            "How does someone fall asleep in a place like this?"

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  9

Lunauc:            :: covers his mouth and moves a few feet away::

RSwiftblade:     ::sings softly under his breath:: "For the glory of the War

Father we fight with all our strength and might, true are our swords, true

are our hearts.

Lunauc:            ::asks to anyone who might listen:: "So.... what about the people

from the inn? Are you gonna go after them?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Reiner..come ..keep your weapons at the ready"

RSwiftblade:     "huh?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "You.. come also"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I think I heard something"

Lunauc:            :-\  "me?"

RSwiftblade:     ::pulls out two swords::

AlexPetrovich99:           "Yes..but only a short ways in case you need to get the

others in a hurry"

Lunauc:            :: gets up, holding his cross bow as he moves over as instructed:

"R-right"

Lunauc:            "Shouldn't we wake them up?"

RSwiftblade:     ::starts to get an intense look on his face:: "only if they are

needed"

AlexPetrovich99:           "hmm.. Dantrag wouldn't be too happy if I left him out of a

possible fight.."

WyldElfRanger:             ::quirks an eye brow and takes a listen to his

surroundings.::

AlexPetrovich99:           ::wakes the dwarf::

OnlineHost:       WyldElfRanger rolled 1 20-sided die:  9

RSwiftblade:     "no...let him sleep"

WyldElfRanger:             (total is 18)

Baltak2:            "what do ye want Je'rar?!?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Sshh.. I think I heard something from the tunel..reiner

and I are going to check it out; care to join us?"

Baltak2:            ::rolls over rubbin eyes looking unhappy::

Lunauc:            (what of our esteemed npc's?)

Baltak2:            ::grumbles::"durn thing woke me up whatdoye think?"::cocks crossbow

and readies waraxe::

Tolmara:           Gaylord wakes, doing his best not to wake either Rhian or Drenla as

he sits up.  "I'm a light sleeper enough as it is."

RSwiftblade:     "Well let us see what is going on"

Baltak2:            ::looks about ready to kill somehting with his glare::

Baltak2:            ::follows reiner and je'rar::

Tolmara:           "I don't think anything could wake Drenla up, short of a bucket of

cold water."  ::snickers::

RSwiftblade:     "He needs his beauty rest Gaylord"

Lunauc:            :waits, a bit nervously for the others::

WyldElfRanger:             ::gets up and runs towards the sound bow in hand and arrow

notched::

RSwiftblade:     "Dantrag, what do ya see?"

Lunauc:            :: sees the bowman running off:: "Uh..."

Baltak2:            "don't see anything yet... just bein ready"

NeoGameBrain:            ((so is there any muscle sticking around in case something

with an appetite for mages comes from the other side::

NeoGameBrain:            ?))*

Tolmara:           As you head off into the passage, the sound of rushing water

recedes into the background and it grows noticeably cooler.  The passage soon

broadens out into a large cavern.  ((description follows))

Tolmara:           Groves of man-sized mushrooms and toadstools dominate the rocky

tiers of this echoing, multi-terraced cavern.  Vivid splashes of purple

highlight some of the larger fungi, while the shorter stalks range from a

golden brown

Tolmara:           to deep crimson.  A series of footpaths wander throughout the fungi

groves, leading to various stone altars that lie scattered throughout the

room.

Tolmara:           A small skiff made of tightly interwoven reeds bobs slowly in a

large algae-encrusted pool in the northern wall.  There seems to be something

stirring on a large

Tolmara:           stone slab in the far corner of the room.

Tolmara:           ((end))

RSwiftblade:     ::whispers:: "That is sick"

WyldElfRanger:             ::altars can be good or bad, using listen and spot to try and

find whoever made the cry::

OnlineHost:       WyldElfRanger rolled 1 20-sided die:  9

AlexPetrovich99:           ::carefully notes the various fungi and growths for any

other nasty plants or posions::

OnlineHost:       Baltak2 rolled 1 20-sided die:  6

OnlineHost:       WyldElfRanger rolled 1 20-sided die:  12

Lunauc:            ::follows behind the others, x-bow ready::

AlexPetrovich99:           ::looks also for what or wherever the cry came from::

Lunauc:            ::notices the mushrooms:: "That's make a lotta stew..."

Baltak2:            ((9 on listen roll))::heads toward the stone slab xbow cocked and

ready to fire::

AlexPetrovich99:           *listens again to see if I hear anything else

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  9

Tolmara:           (nothing, Steve)

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  4

AlexPetrovich99:           8 to spot

AlexPetrovich99:           damn glad its not to hit lol

Tolmara:           (nyet, Je'rar)

WyldElfRanger:             ::going to help whomever is bound, he gets out his knife to

cut their bindings and puts away his bow for the time being.::

Baltak2:            "someone check that boat... i'll check that thing on the slab"

Tolmara:           ((ok, hold a minute))

Lunauc:            :stays by the entrance, ready to run back for the others.::

Tolmara:           ((first, let me send a map of the chamber to you, and then state

EXACTLY where you are in the chamber))

AlexPetrovich99:           (that works)) :)

NeoGameBrain:            ((SNEAK ATTACK!!!))

RSwiftblade:     ::puts away one of the swords and grabs his throwing axe in the

other hand::

Lunauc:            ::nervously glances back into the entrance, listening for movement

from the friends left behind::

OnlineHost:       Lunauc rolled 1 20-sided die:  11

Tolmara:           ((check your e-mail))

Tolmara:           (the map is not to scale.  assume that its 150' from location 6 to

the far end of the cavern, near where location 12 is marked))

Lunauc:            (6)

Tolmara:           (Lunauc, no roll needed, their snores are pretty audible and echo

your way)

Lunauc:            (hai hai)

NeoGameBrain:            ((Yup, that Rhian's a loud one. ;) ))

Baltak2:            ::I'm heading right for the slab with a cocked crossbow::

RSwiftblade:     "I would say that we should wake the others only if magic is

really needed"

WyldElfRanger:             ::I believe I'm on my way to area 9 which I assum is the slab

with the victim, longknife in hand.::

Lunauc:            "Bu-but are they gonna be okay... sleeping there?"

Baltak2:            ((area 12 is the slab adam)

AlexPetrovich99:           ::offers to go with the elf-boy::

AlexPetrovich99:           (then again..)

RSwiftblade:     "right behind you Je'rar"

WyldElfRanger:             ::or 12? I have an idea what I'm doing and that's rescue the

one on the slab::

AlexPetrovich99:           ::looks to see if we need the skiff to reach the slab::

Baltak2:            ((check the skiff while yer there mikey))

Tolmara:           ((actually, its Drenla snoring.))

RSwiftblade:     "Do not touch any of the mushrooms"

Lunauc:            :-\  :Listens intently for the others at 5 while fingering the

crossbow anxiously::

RSwiftblade:     ::starts to chant::

Tolmara:           (it takes one round to climb down a tier)

RSwiftblade:     "Oh War Father, grant me resistance for the coming times"

Tolmara:           (not necessary, Je'rar)

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  18

RSwiftblade:     (casts resistance)

RSwiftblade:     "Aye, let us rescue the one who is bound"

Tolmara:           Actually, all of a sudden, as Reiner completes the spell, his voice

trails off into silence.

Tolmara:           (you see Reiner mouthing that instead)

Baltak2:            ((when i get near enough to see what's on slab let me know))

Tolmara:           Roll initiative.

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  19

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  17

OnlineHost:       Lunauc rolled 1 20-sided die:  6

OnlineHost:       Baltak2 rolled 1 6-sided die:  5

Baltak2:            oops

OnlineHost:       Baltak2 rolled 1 20-sided die:  4

OnlineHost:       WyldElfRanger rolled 1 20-sided die:  2

Baltak2:            ug

Baltak2:            ((7 total for me))

RSwiftblade:     (22)

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  1

WyldElfRanger:             (5 for me)

Lunauc:            (ugh... weak rolls today)

AlexPetrovich99:           eeeewww... (4)

Lunauc:            (8 total)

Baltak2:            ::works his way toward slab to try and free humanoid on top::

WyldElfRanger:             ::I'm doing the same although right now I'm glad I'm armed

with some sort of weapon.::

RSwiftblade:     ::readies his weapons::

Tolmara:           (Gautam?  init?)

Lunauc:            :stays his position at the cave:

NeoGameBrain:            ((I thought I was still asleep but okay))

OnlineHost:       NeoGameBrain rolled 1 20-sided die:  9

AlexPetrovich99:           (not me.. I was just keeping an eye out on the area and

trying to see if we needed to row or pole ourselves across to the slab::

AlexPetrovich99:           )

NeoGameBrain:            ((11 init))

Lunauc:            (the sleeping guy goes before me)

Tolmara:           (22)

RSwiftblade:     ::hold attack until something to attack::

Tolmara:           On 20, the following things occur:

Tolmara:           (ignore Gautam's character's actions for now)

Tolmara:           (he's not there with you)

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 3 20-sided dice:  17 10 17

Tolmara:           A sling bullet comes hurtling from the top of a giant mushroom, as

another of those strange dusky skinned "dwarves" appears from nothingness.

The bullet strikes Dantrag (AC 19).

Baltak2:            ((damnit... hit on the button))

AlexPetrovich99:           (lol just thought of something. I never took the buckler

off.. good thing , I guess )

Tolmara:           Another of the strange dwarves lunges out of the ground next to the

slab and hurtles herself at the elven ranger and misses.

Baltak2:            ((shield or armor stan?))

Tolmara:           Yet a third of the strange dark-skinned dwarves charges, also

appearing from nothingness, at Je'rar.

Tolmara:           ((armor))

Tolmara:           (AC 19 on Je'rar)

AlexPetrovich99:           damn

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 4-sided die:  2

Tolmara:           (2 on Dantrag)

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 6-sided die:  5

Tolmara:           (5 on Je'rar)

AlexPetrovich99:           "ArrrGGHHh"

RSwiftblade:     (on 20 Reiner also attacks)

Tolmara:           (Fort save, Je'rar)

RSwiftblade:     (since he is near Je'rar Reiner attack the dwarf on him)

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  1

RSwiftblade:     (oh no)

AlexPetrovich99:           the dice hate us all today

Tolmara:           (I would advise using Karma)

Lunauc:            (bad day for the dice)

AlexPetrovich99:           8uses karma at the DM's suggestion)

Tolmara:           (feel free to ignore me of course, lol)

RSwiftblade:     (lol))

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  10

RSwiftblade:     (16 on the dwarf)

Tolmara:           (hit)

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 8-sided die:  3

RSwiftblade:     (8 damage)

Tolmara:           The "dwarf" screams bloody murder, shudders and coughs up a lot of

yellowish blood, and remains standing.

RSwiftblade:     "You will taste the fury that the War Father sends to you foul

creature!"

Tolmara:           On 19, Gaylord draws his bow and lets a couple of arrows fly at the

figure attacking Dantrag

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 2 20-sided dice:  16 15

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 2 6-sided dice:  4 2

Tolmara:           As above, the dwarf attacking Dantrag coughs up more blood, which

spatters and sizzles as drops strike the cavern floor.

Tolmara:           (8)

Tolmara:           (Je'rar, roll a Fort save whenever you get a chance)

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  6

RSwiftblade:     (better)

AlexPetrovich99:           10

Tolmara:           (Anyone going on 8?)

Lunauc:            (hai)

WyldElfRanger:             ((I go on 5))

Baltak2:            ((7 here))

AlexPetrovich99:           (on 4)

Lunauc:            (go?)

Tolmara:           (8....)

Tolmara:           (yes...)

Lunauc:            ::tensing himself, fires at the dwarf after jer'ar::

OnlineHost:       Lunauc rolled 1 20-sided die:  11

Lunauc:            (13)

Tolmara:           (hit)

OnlineHost:       Lunauc rolled 1 8-sided die:  1

Lunauc:            (phewy)

Baltak2:            ((I see Lun got the rubber riot arrows lol))

Tolmara:           (7)

OnlineHost:       Baltak2 rolled 1 20-sided die:  2

Baltak2:            ((and Bal forgot his glasses))

RSwiftblade:     "Watch it bookie boy, ya nearly hit me!"

Tolmara:           (5)

Lunauc:            :-\ "hmmm..."

Tolmara:           (5)

RSwiftblade:     (go Je'rar)

NeoGameBrain:            ((actually, I'm bookie boy.  He's just awkward teenage zit

boy))

AlexPetrovich99:           (on 4)

Tolmara:           (skipping Lythar)

Tolmara:           (4)

AlexPetrovich99:           ::swings wildly at the "dwarf" wioth sword and mace::

Lunauc:            (I prefer towel wrapped weirdo, thank you)

RSwiftblade:     ((LOL))

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 2 20-sided dice:  6 19

AlexPetrovich99:           12;24

RSwiftblade:     "That's it Je'rar, teach him a lesson"

Tolmara:           ((whenever Adam gets back, tell him to IM me what his char's

doing))

Tolmara:           (hit and miss)

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 6-sided die:  6

AlexPetrovich99:           10 pts with my mace

AlexPetrovich99:           "Take that!"

Tolmara:           The "dwarf" crumples to the ground, and immediately, his corpse

crumbles to a bitter smelling powder.

Tolmara:           (22)

RSwiftblade:     "Aye good hit my brother!"

Tolmara:           (22)

Baltak2:            "nice shot je'rar"

RSwiftblade:     ::reiner attacks the dwarf with the sling

RSwiftblade:     with throwing axe:

AlexPetrovich99:           :nods:

Tolmara:           (the dwarf is perched on top of a giant mushroom, 30' away from

Reiner)

RSwiftblade:     ( oh, ok...how about the one in Dantrag?)

Tolmara:           (that "dwarf" is about 90' away to the west)

Baltak2:            ((i'll keep shooting at him))

Baltak2:            ((not closing for melee))

RSwiftblade:     (then I must hold my attack until I get within striking

distance)

RSwiftblade:     (move at 40')

WyldElfRanger:             ((sorry I was AFK))

Tolmara:           On 20, the two remaining "dwarves" attack.

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 2 20-sided dice:  12 11

Tolmara:           (and both miss)

WyldElfRanger:             ::running towards the slab attacking any dwarf that gets

close but fighting defensively::

Tolmara:           Actually, when the second strange dwarf brushes by Lythar, a clump

of moss growing on her head tries to wrap a tendril around Lythar's forearm.

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  18

Tolmara:           (AC 19)

Baltak2:            ((that could be trouble))

WyldElfRanger:             ((I'm hit, I'll try to cut myself free with the knife))

OnlineHost:       WyldElfRanger rolled 1 20-sided die:  14

OnlineHost:       WyldElfRanger rolled 1 6-sided die:  4

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 2-sided die:  2

WyldElfRanger:             (7 damage total)

Tolmara:           Gaylord misses vs. Lythart's attacker

Tolmara:           Lythar slices himself free.

Tolmara:           (8)

Lunauc:            ::reloads crossbow while listening for movement from back at five::

Lunauc:            "Should I get the others now?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "YES!"

Tolmara:           (7)

WyldElfRanger:             ::shakes his head and keeps moving::

OnlineHost:       Baltak2 rolled 1 20-sided die:  11

Baltak2:            ((15 total))

Tolmara:           (hit)

OnlineHost:       Baltak2 rolled 1 10-sided die:  7

Baltak2:            ((7 dmg.))

Tolmara:           The strange dwarf crumples to the ground, and its corpse rapidly

decomposes into compost.

Tolmara:           (5)

AlexPetrovich99:           (ok..how many 'dwarves' are still in melee range?)

Tolmara:           (none.  the sole remaining "dwarf" is on top of a mushroom)

RSwiftblade:     (and I am heading its way)

Tolmara:           (and he's getting ready to take pot shots on everyone else)

AlexPetrovich99:           ::sheathes sword and mace,whips out my bow and goes to fire

::

Lunauc:            (in range of my crossbow?)

Tolmara:           (yes)

AlexPetrovich99:           (can I get all that off in this round?)

Tolmara:           (5 -- Lythar, it's your go)

AlexPetrovich99:           *on 4 that is ?

WyldElfRanger:             ::continuing towards the victim unless something prevents me

from doing so::

Tolmara:           (4)

Tolmara:           (4...)

AlexPetrovich99:           fires on it

OnlineHost:       AlexPetrovich99 rolled 1 20-sided die:  2

AlexPetrovich99:           and misses

Tolmara:           (22)

Baltak2:            ((you takin lessons from me mikey

Baltak2:            ?))

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  5

RSwiftblade:     12 on the mushroom dwarf

Tolmara:           (miss)

NeoGameBrain:            ((and the curse continues))

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 1 20-sided die:  12

Tolmara:           (miss on Dantrag)

RSwiftblade:     "Ye are dead little dwarfling!"

Tolmara:           (8)

Tolmara:           (8 initiative)

NeoGameBrain:            ((remember dice can only be kicked for so long before they

develop callouses))

Lunauc:            ::takes a second to fire another arrow at the mushroom dwarf, before

turning to run back up the cave::

OnlineHost:       Lunauc rolled 1 20-sided die:  16

WyldElfRanger:             "Gotta get moving, these things are just a distraction.

Rescue the victim, that's what's important."

Tolmara:           (hit)

OnlineHost:       Lunauc rolled 1 8-sided die:  8

Lunauc:            (  :-D better)

Tolmara:           The dwarf crumples to the ground, and the same reaction as before,

as its corpse turns to a dry powder and blows away in the wind.

Tolmara:           Where the "dwarves" died, their belongings dropped to the ground.

Baltak2:            ::starts examining the slab.... checking for unusual stonework::

Lunauc:            ::doesn't even see that he hit as he begins running back up the

tunnel calling to sleeping:: "Guys wake up! We're being attacked!"

Lunauc:            (hehe)

RSwiftblade:     ::returns towards the slab, but does not forget his axe::

OnlineHost:       Baltak2 rolled 1 20-sided die:  15

Baltak2:            ((17 on a stonework check stan if it helps))

NeoGameBrain:            ::stirs a bit as the distant shouts can barely be heard above

Drenla's snoring::

RSwiftblade:     (who or what is on the slab?)

WyldElfRanger:             ((let me know when I can see what's on the slab and can free

whoever is bound))

Baltak2:            "hey guys i found some stuff on this here dwarf"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::looks at the dwarves belongings::

Baltak2:            "one of ye book types git over here... found me what looks like a

potion of some kind"

Tolmara:           The figure on the stone slab appears to be a naked female humanoid,

of undeterminate origin, with skin the color of dull, brown dirt and hair as

dry as brittle grass.  She turns her face, with blind milky eyes towards you.

Lunauc:            ::runs back up to the others yelling to wake them up and shaking

arinth:: "Wake up! Wake up!"

Tolmara:           She appears to be tightly bound to the stone slab.  The slab itself

appears to be some sort of sacrificial altar to a deity, although you're

unsure as to what deity would be worshipped here.

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "Who---who...?!?"

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "I heard you the first time, I think."

Baltak2:            ::starts working on a way to free her::

WyldElfRanger:             ::speaking to her in the sylvan tongue and giving her some of

his water:: "Who are you? What are you?"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::sees dantrag is on top of that, and ap-plies healing to

himself::

WyldElfRanger:             ::frees her hands with his knife so she can take her fill::

NeoGameBrain:            "Boyle?  What in the blazes are you doing up?

RSwiftblade:     ::Reiner arrives at the slab::

Lunauc:            "Well come on, there are more of those zombie dwarf things!"

Lunauc:            "We got attacked, the others are down in the cave!"  =-O

WyldElfRanger:             ((which would help more? Survival or Int check(I think my

first thing to get will be some ranks in a few Knowledge skills)))

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "Ah, well I have faith in your abilities."

Baltak2:            "Je'rar check these out....::shows him the gold pin and the

herbs::"

Baltak2:            "what do ye think these may be?"

Lunauc:            (btw... my char has this 0-lvl spell that lets him manipulate his

mask like facila expressions, just follow the emoticons. just a cute little

thing)

NeoGameBrain:            ::gets up to follow::  "Figures.  They go head first into

battle and leave the only one with any sense in his head behind."

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "Be right over.  Let me get my spectacles first.."

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "They don't have time for that.  Let's go, you!"

Tolmara:           She grabs his arm and tugs.

Lunauc:            :to arinth: "No, I went with them.... I just came back"

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "I'll make a man out of you yet."

Lunauc:            ::Seeing Rhian and Drenla moving, quickly follws after them,

reloading x-bow along the way::

Lunauc:            (brb)

NeoGameBrain:            "Then you should have waken us up when it first happened.

Show the way, boy

WyldElfRanger:             ::still speaking in the sylvan tongue:: "Are you alright,

milady?"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::inspects the herbs,berries,liquid and mushrooms::

RSwiftblade:     brb

OnlineHost:       WyldElfRanger rolled 1 20-sided die:  13

AlexPetrovich99:           (uses narue knowledge)

AlexPetrovich99:           *nature knowledge

NeoGameBrain:            ::quickly casts light on the head of his staff as they move

Baltak2:            ((check the pin too mikey))

AlexPetrovich99:           (does my blood still burn ?)

AlexPetrovich99:           (checks the pin too, in the off-chance I discover anything)

AlexPetrovich99:           (off in 18 minutes)

AlexPetrovich99:           *<~ is going to be off

Lunauc:            (bak)

Tolmara:           (no)

WyldElfRanger:             ::cradles the dryad in my arms and goes looking for a pool of

water to place her for her own safety.::

Tolmara:           (the herbs:  rare herbs)

Tolmara:           (the berries:  they seem to be extremely ripe raspberries)

Tolmara:           (the liquid:  seems to be a poison of some kind)

AlexPetrovich99:           "Hmm.. these are rare herbs..wonder how they got

here..and.. you mean you've never seen a ripe raspberry?"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::gives him a *raspberry*

AlexPetrovich99:           lmao

Tolmara:           (the mushrooms:  they're puffball mushrooms, edible, not poisonous)

Baltak2:            "why are these dwarves carrying this stuff?"

WyldElfRanger:             (search check)

OnlineHost:       WyldElfRanger rolled 1 20-sided die:  12

AlexPetrovich99:           "I recommend leaving the liquid alone though.. it seems

tainted..and the mushrooms are safe to eat, if you like them , that is"

Baltak2:            "i'll keep em i like em"

WyldElfRanger:             (21 to find a safe place to put the dryad)

Lunauc:            ::runs back down into the cavern:: "Hey! Brought help! I brought

help!"

Baltak2:            "you booky boys can play with these smelly herbs ye all seem so

fond of"

Tolmara:           (you're not sure where such a place would be.  certainly not here

that's for sure.)

AlexPetrovich99:           "I cannot tell anything special about the pin though..

maybe ask one of those wizard types"

NeoGameBrain:            ((umm...isn't there a lake somewhere?))

Tolmara:           ((yes))

Lunauc:            (northern part of the room))

WyldElfRanger:             ::takes her there for the moment and looks to see how safe

and pure the water is::

NeoGameBrain:            ::comes running in with the others, lighted staff wielded

defensively and sensing for magic::

Baltak2:            "maybe somebody should explore that lake a bit with the skiff?"

((depending on size of skiff of course))

WyldElfRanger:             ((survival check should suffice))

OnlineHost:       WyldElfRanger rolled 1 20-sided die:  13

WyldElfRanger:             (20 total to see how pure the water is)

RSwiftblade:     "Ask her who and why she was bound here."

WyldElfRanger:             "She's a dryad but as to why she was bound, I think that

should be rather obvious but I shall ask anyway"

Tolmara:           (not very pure.  As most of this place, it seems to be muddy, and

tainted with corruption)

Lunauc:            ::seeing the room cleared of danger, and them on the other side,

tending to someone:: :-)  "Hehe... guess they took care of it already..."

NeoGameBrain:            "Reiner!  Je'rar!  Where's the target?

Tolmara:           The skiff seems to be sizeable for only one person.

Lunauc:            ::begins walking toward the others... quietly::

WyldElfRanger:             ::asks in Sylvan:: "I am not sure how well this pool shall

suffice, fair one, but it's all we have right now."

RSwiftblade:     "The targets have been eliminated"

WyldElfRanger:             ((AFK))

RSwiftblade:     ::smiles::

Tolmara:           The dryad smiles faintly.  She indicates that she would like to go

into the pool, and motions you to follow.

AlexPetrovich99:           ::inspects the following :

Baltak2:            "I don't know if it's a good idea to explore this lake too

thoroughly since only 1 may ride in the skiff"

AlexPetrovich99:           six red feathered darts, a cold iron dagger and a gold pin

shaped like an oak tree

AlexPetrovich99:           anything ?

NeoGameBrain:            ::stops and looks around at the familiar piles of ash::  "So I

see.  Is everybody okay?"

RSwiftblade:     "Ask her if she knows about the pins?"

Tolmara:           (Je'rar:  they are what they are)

WyldElfRanger:             :nods and lowers her into the pool and then asks in

Sylvan::"How did you happen to come into your current position, milady?"

AlexPetrovich99:           ahahaha too funny.. ok

Tolmara:           "I was travelling through the woods, when I fell into a nightshade

trap, for this is what these creatures are.  Not true ur-Mordghe, but dwarves

who worship Splin' Derathra.  I was foolish to travel so close to their lair

and

Tolmara:           suffered for my haste."

Lunauc:            ::strolls over to the pool, eyeing the strange woman they are

helping:: :-) "Hello"

NeoGameBrain:            ::investigates the piles of ash, sensing for magical auras and

using knowledge arcana to determine what magic could create such creatures::

AlexPetrovich99:           "nightshade..."

AlexPetrovich99:           ::files that away for future knowledge::

Tolmara:           "The nightshades were planning to raze the inn known as Shadowrest,

for it lies too close to a nightshade burial ground.  In fact they may have

done so already, for I sense it is past the sun's rising."

WyldElfRanger:             ::his face darknes as understanding comes in.::

OnlineHost:       NeoGameBrain rolled 1 20-sided die:  12

Lunauc:            :-\ "huh?"

Tolmara:           "They concocted a plot to take away all of the inhabitants through

the use of poison and subterfuge, and planned to exchange their lives

NeoGameBrain:            ((20 on knowledge arcana check on the ashes))

AlexPetrovich99:           "The people of the inn already walked through a portal but

it closed before i could step through it.. how can I save them from this

nightshade?"

Tolmara:           for a potent magical item from the ilythiiri."

RSwiftblade:     "Tell her that they have slayed all those in the inn"

WyldElfRanger:             "Nightshade are fey that are more trouble than anything

else."

AlexPetrovich99:           "reiner; we do not know that for sure yet"

WyldElfRanger:             "You killed the others right?"

Tolmara:           (Arinth:  the ashes are the decomposed remains of the nightshades)

Tolmara:           "Now, if you will allow me to leave this place, I can take you to

where you must free the inhabitants of the inn."

RSwiftblade:     "Ask her what do we need to do to stop them and how many are

there?"

Lunauc:            ::takes a seat, scratching at his shoulder while looking back and

forth among his conversing companions::

NeoGameBrain:            ::to Lythar::  "What else do you know of these creatures?"

Tolmara:           "Or else, they will spend the rest of their days as slaves to the

ilythiiri."

RSwiftblade:     "Aye"

Lunauc:            0.o

Baltak2:            "well let's do it this cave reeks of foulness"

WyldElfRanger:             "Killing them would be doing the rest of the forest a favor"

RSwiftblade:     "Shall we ladies and gents?"

Lunauc:            "Hai Hai!" ::Holds up an eager hand all of a sudden::

Tolmara:           "You only need to slay the two remaining nightshade.  Actually,

since you have slain their leader, you may find that no blood need be shed."

RSwiftblade:     ::grabs some of the non poisonous for a snack::

Baltak2:            "ye point em out and we shall take care of those things"

NeoGameBrain:            "Only two?  That almost sounds too simple."

AlexPetrovich99:           (g2g)

AlexPetrovich99:           ((if yer still here in an hour or two I shall return))

WyldElfRanger:             "I hope not but they can be very troublesome. Just as dryads

are the spirits of trees and beneficial bits of the forest Nightshades are

the darker poisonous representations"

Tolmara:           (we'll be here)

Lunauc:            (c ya then)

RSwiftblade:     "Will these two cause more evil in the world if they live?"

WyldElfRanger:             "More than likely"

RSwiftblade:     "Then they should be destroyed"

Baltak2:            "I ain't one that like ta commune with nature... but these things

are foul and should be removed"

Lunauc:            ::sits scratching at himself, waiting for the others to decide a

course of action::

Baltak2:            "they look like a mockery of dwarves and that be enuff fer me to

want em removed"

RSwiftblade:     "Aye lets go get them quickly and free the others"

RSwiftblade:     "Ask her to lead the way"

RSwiftblade:     "I am most fortunate to have seen a living dryad.  I will have

to tell my father one day"

Tolmara:           The dryad plunges into the pool of water, quickly becoming one with

the water itself.  On contact with the lake, she manages to turn the water

clear and purify a portion of it of its taint.

Baltak2:            ((afk fam))

Lunauc:            ::watching the water clear:: =-O  "Woooowww..."

Tolmara:           "Come to me, enter me, for wheresoever there is water, you are

welcome!"

WyldElfRanger:             ::enters the water without hesitation::

WyldElfRanger:             "Thanks, milady, I bid you peace"

Baltak2:            ::follows in::

NeoGameBrain:            "Kill them.  Spare them.  It makes little difference to me.

But it might be wise to keep one around long enough for interrogation."

RSwiftblade:     ::starts to shake:: "I am not so fond of the water my lady...I

cannot swim"

Tolmara:           So saying, the dryad rises up from the pool of water, but now she

has literally become at one with the water, a figure of power composed

entirely of pure water and quicksilver.

Tolmara:           As she rises, you see a shimmering portal through which you can see

all of the people in the inn, milling blindly about two nightshades and a

hill giant.

RSwiftblade:     ::Reiner's face turns white::

NeoGameBrain:            ::stares in awe at the feat::

Lunauc:            ::to reiner:: "can't we just take the skiff?"

Lunauc:            ::notices the display of dryad power:: =-O

RSwiftblade:     "How deep is the water?"

WyldElfRanger:             ::goes through the portal with his bow drawn and an arrow

notched::

NeoGameBrain:            ::face suddenly turns grim::

NeoGameBrain:            "A giant.  I knew this sounded too simple."

RSwiftblade:     ::starts to chant::

WyldElfRanger:             "Thank you, fair one, fare thee well"

Tolmara:           (less than 4' at this point)

Baltak2:            ::readies axe as he steps thru::

Tolmara:           (Reiner:  less than 4' at this point)

RSwiftblade:     "Oh War Father give me your strength!"

NeoGameBrain:            ::straps his staff to his back and equips his crossbow::

RSwiftblade:     (strength sphere bonus)

RSwiftblade:     "Give me your fortutude"

RSwiftblade:     (Birthsign Con Bonus)

WyldElfRanger:             ((I gotta leave now, unfortunately))

Lunauc:            ::moves closer to the dryad staring at her with awe:: "Coool." :-D

"Can I feel?"

Tolmara:           ((ok))

NeoGameBrain:            ::cautiously goes through the portal, holding his breath from

instinct::

RSwiftblade:     (Reiner looks pumped up)

RSwiftblade:     ::moves toward the portal ever so quickly::

Lunauc:            ::watching the others go, preps his x-bow, takes a breath and moves

after them::

Tolmara:           The dryad turns to the stooped human.  "Why, certainly, small one.

Although I cannot hold the portal for long.  You had best hurry through."

Lunauc:            "Hai hai. Thank you ma'am"

Tolmara:           She stops to think a minute, and then kisses the stooped human

gently on the forehead.  "I sense much suffering in you, small one, and this

is my gift to one such as you, from one sufferer to another."

Lunauc:            ::cocks his head in complete lack of understanding, and shrugs::

"Ok. thanks again"

RSwiftblade:     "Let's go!  ARRRGGG!!!!"

Lunauc:            "Coming! Coming!" ::Hurries up behind the others::

Tolmara:           As you step through the portal, you feel a cool breeze on your

backs.  It's as if you're bathing in the cool touch of a waterfall, and just

as suddenly as you entered the portal, its over.

RSwiftblade:     (intimidate)

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  16

RSwiftblade:     (24)

Tolmara:           You emerge from the dryadgate on the shore of the other end of the

underground river, in a large cavern contains all of the inhabitants of the

inn.  At the other end of the cavern is a small plateau, upon which the two

nightshades

RSwiftblade:     (on giant)

Tolmara:           can be seen conferring with the hill giant.

Lunauc:            (.... how do you intimidate a giant?)

Tolmara:           The giant on the other hand suddenly turns its gaze on the party

and roars.

Baltak2:            ::spits into palms::"bigger they are harder they fall"

Tolmara:           (Reiner, you're not in the giant's presence and you're at least 50'

away)

Lunauc:            :-\  "What if he falls on us though?"

RSwiftblade:     (ok)

Baltak2:            ((boy wish i had my birthsign abil right now or my rage lol))

Baltak2:            ((or better both))

RSwiftblade:     ((the rage will be next  LOL))

Tolmara:           The giant slaps one of the nightshades, hard enough that it falls

off the plateau.

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 4 6-sided dice:  3 3 5 1

Tolmara:           It crumples to dust, upon hitting the ground with a loud crash.

Tolmara:           The other nightshade looks first at you, then at the giant, and

backs off in fear.

Baltak2:            ::charges in with axe on high::"time ta die fat boy!"

Lunauc:            :-P "Think he's on our side?"

Tolmara:           The giant completely ignores Dantrag and closes in on the

nightshade.

RSwiftblade:     ::presses for attack...moving forward with determination::

RSwiftblade:     "I hate hill giants..."

Lunauc:            ::stays put watching the hill giant work.::

Baltak2:            "They smell funny when ye cut em down"

Tolmara:           As you charge forward, you spot a path leading up the plateau, but

its a torturous route, not made for hasty charging.

Lunauc:            ::to reiner:: "Hey leave him alone!"

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 2 20-sided dice:  13 15

RSwiftblade:     "wy?"

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 2 20-sided dice:  9 16

Baltak2:            ::makes way up that path as quickly as possible::

RSwiftblade:     why

NeoGameBrain:            "Looks like we only have to worry about the big one.  Be

careful going in.  Boyle and I will cover you at range."

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 2 6-sided dice:  6 4

Lunauc:            "He'staking out the bad guys ain't he?"

RSwiftblade:     "Hm you do have a point"

NeoGameBrain:            "Looks more like he's angry and doesn't care who gets in his

way."

Baltak2:            "ye can't trust them though...stupid things probably stole his food

and pissed him off"

Tolmara:           With a roar, the next thing you see is the giant hurling a huge

boulder at the nightshade who is unable to dodge in time, and is pinned.

RSwiftblade:     "You also have a point"

OnlineHost:       Tolmara rolled 2 8-sided dice:  5 6

Tolmara:           And dies from the impact.

RSwiftblade:     ::slows his attack::

Lunauc:            :-D "We win."

NeoGameBrain:            ::swallows hard::  "Gods help us."

Lunauc:            ::yells up to the hill giant:: "Thank you, Sir!"

Tolmara:           The giant glances over in the path's direction, and turns around,

picking up a gray-colored bundle on the ground, then trudges off the plateau

into a passage leading deep into the earth.

NeoGameBrain:            "Stay focused, you fool.  That thing's only intention is to

kill anything in its path."

Lunauc:            :-\ "huh?"

RSwiftblade:     "did the dryad mention how to free these folks?"

NeoGameBrain:            "...Or maybe not."

RSwiftblade:     "He is fleeing...that is good."

Baltak2:            "this is the weirdest giant i ever did see, he may be leaving to

hurt the townfolk"

Baltak2:            "let's follow him"

NeoGameBrain:            ::scratches his head::  "That was odd."

Lunauc:            "he left the townsfolk"

Lunauc:            (aren't they wandering on the plateau?)

RSwiftblade:     "He seems like he is fleeing into the earth.  I will not attack

him."

Baltak2:            "i agree fer once the stupid thing knows what's good fer it"

NeoGameBrain:            "I wonder what it was that he ran off with."

RSwiftblade:     ( are the people still in their daze or do we need to release

them from the poison?)

Tolmara:           (they seem to shaking off the effects of their daze)

Tolmara:           "Wha...?!?"

RSwiftblade:     "Ye are all free!"

Baltak2:            "mebbe the giant was dazed too?"

Tolmara:           Shagath:  "Merciful Tammara, what are we doing here?"

Tolmara:           "How did we get here?

Tolmara:           "Gods' blood!  It's cold as a rock's teat!"

RSwiftblade:     "Ye were all victims of a Nightshade plot, but we have come to

free you!"

NeoGameBrain:            "I don't think so.  It looked like they were talking when we

came in."

Tolmara:           "Achoo!"

Lunauc:            "Didn't looked dazed.... too bad the paths so steep, maybe he

would've come down here and told us what happened.." :staring up the

dangerous route::

RSwiftblade:     ::raises his swords:: "We give thanks to the glory of the War

Father"

Baltak2:            "now we just have ta figger out how ta git back"

Lunauc:            ::asks reiner:: "...the giant was somebody's father? how you know?"

RSwiftblade:     "Aye, that is a complication now isn't it?"

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "I might be able to help, although the effort will leave me

drained for several days."  She smiles faintly.  "It will still be worth it

though."

RSwiftblade:     "The War Father is my lord, my reason for being, my soul

belongs to him."

Lunauc:            :-\ "I didn't know you felt that strongly about giants..."

RSwiftblade:     "Is there anything I can do to help ye recover Rhian?"

Baltak2:            "well let's get these people home rhian...i'm sure they'll allow ye

all the rest ye need"

RSwiftblade:     ::gives Lunauc a puzzling look::

Lunauc:            (heheheheh.... he's dumb, what can I say?)

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "If I do help, one of you must agree to be my proxy.

Whoever is to be my proxy will appear to be casting the spell.  For certain

reasons, I dare not announce my use of the Pattern."

RSwiftblade:     "How about Drenla?"

RSwiftblade:     "It would give him some confidence"

Lunauc:            ::scratching his stomache:: "Huh?"

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "And there may be certain repercussions that will follow.

Many of these people may react violently to a mage."

Baltak2:            "pattern?...must be more wizard stuff"

NeoGameBrain:            "I'll do it, though I should know of the consequences."

Lunauc:            :-D "will he grow a tail? i saw that once!"

RSwiftblade:     "Can it be assumed that they would react better to a divine

weaver?"

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "Nothing will happen to you.  I will enchant a glamour

which will make it seem as if YOU are casting a spell when instead I will be

performing the magic."

Baltak2:            "do what ye gotta do i'm all fer leavin this place"

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "However, all those who will be affected the magic will see

YOU casting the spell.  Only you and I, and your friends will know

otherwise."  And she mutters underneath her breath, "anyone who is observing

the Pattern at this

Tolmara:           time will also know."

Lunauc:            *blink blink*

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "That might be possible, but none of you are priests of

Illaenth or of Hurishta."

RSwiftblade:     "Aye, my father may not approve...you are right wise one"

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "So, who is to be my proxy?  For once I cast the spell,

there is no reversing anything."

Lunauc:            :to reiner:: "Well maybe if we went and asked the giant, he'd say

it's ok"

RSwiftblade:     "QUIET fool!"

NeoGameBrain:            ::steps forward

Baltak2:            "why not have the fool be the proxy?"

Lunauc:            :'(

Lunauc:            "sorry"

RSwiftblade:     "I will explain sometime to you who is the War Father"

NeoGameBrain:            "I shall be your proxy.  As a diviner of the Circle, I would

like to think Hurishta looks kindly on me.

Lunauc:            ::wants to ask more, but keeps his mouth shut::

NeoGameBrain:            "However, I have many questions for you that I expect be

answered later."

RSwiftblade:     "Proceed my lady"

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "Very well then, Arinth Sconfallow, by the power vested in

me as an Aes Sedai of the Fifth Circle of the Blue Jura, I declare you

sai'dar and channeler.  Step forward and grasp my hands."

RSwiftblade:     ::sheathes swords::

Lunauc:            ::opens mouth to ask what she's talking about, but looks to Reiner

and shuts up::

Baltak2:            ::whispers to reiner::"hard to trust these durn wizards ain't it?"

NeoGameBrain:            ::to the others::  "Keep the crowd controlled as best you can.

It's rather distracting to have bows firing at your back."

Tolmara:           ((the following is for your benefit OOC, but please do not react as

I am describing this for Gautam's character IC and you OOC))

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "Good.  Now, the time for questions will be later.  Follow

my instructions and do not deviate from your path.  Only one of you is a

natural sai'dar, so he would not need instruction.  You on the other hand,

are a stranger to

Tolmara:           our order."

NeoGameBrain:            ::takes a deep breath as he clears his mind and grasps Rhian's

outstrected hands::

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "As you grasp my hands, you will see the Pattern not as a

wealth of threads of magic, but as a living weave of possibilities.  It is in

this manner, that we as Aes Sedai and sai'dan, and sorcerers as sai'dar use

the Pattern.

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "I must lay bare to you, a secret of our Order, so that you

will survive the process.  Although you may not be unscathed.  The process

is....unpredictable at best."

RSwiftblade:     ::reiner senses that this spell may be troubling::

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "Think of an effect that you wish to accomplish."

Lunauc:            ::takes a seat, scratching his neck as they speak::

NeoGameBrain:            "For us and all the people in this chamber to return to the

Shodowrest Inn..."

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "Now, focus your thoughts on your own power and the

possibility of accomplishing this task."

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "As you might suspect, you are not yet powerful enough to

create a dweomer that would enable such a feat.  You cannot weave a thread

that would bring about the effect you wish to result."

RSwiftblade:     ::Tries to calm the crowd::

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "I will channel my power to you and augment your own

abilities.  State aloud the spell you wish to cast, the cause you wish to

bring about, and the effect it must have."

NeoGameBrain:            "There are...too many.  They keep moving...so fast."

NeoGameBrain:            ::focuses his mind::

Lunauc:            "hmm...?" ::watches the casters with great interest::

WyldElfRanger:             ((ooc where are we at present?))

NeoGameBrain:            ((shit I need a teleport spell  ::flips through PHP::

Tolmara:           ((ooc:  Gautam, in other words, in game terms, tell me what your

character wants to do but keep in mind you're only 2nd level.))

Tolmara:           (Rest of the group:  The inn''s staff and guests are milling about

confusedly.  Some react with excited and hysterical shouts as Arinth begins

glowing with a bright blue light.)

WyldElfRanger:             ((I thought I was first level but I'll take the boost. not

much I can do but I'll help keep them safe))

NeoGameBrain:            ((Meaning a 9th level spell would be too demanding of me and

the witch::

NeoGameBrain:            ))

Lunauc:            ::Suddenly flindches down away from the spell for no real reason::

Tolmara:           (Rest of the group:  "That's him!  That's the wizardly scum who

brought us here!  Kill him and we'll awake from this nightmare!")

Tolmara:           ((er, I mean 1st level.  hehhe))

Baltak2:            ::moves to hold off the people::

RSwiftblade:     "Please be calm, any one who is bold enough come face me , but

do not disturb for we are freeing you!"

RSwiftblade:     (Intimidate was 24)

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "When all this is over, you will see, I hope with greater

clarity, that with great power comes great sacrifice.  Use magic with

respect, not for its own sake, but to aid others."

WyldElfRanger:             ::takes out his club and shakes his head:: "Don't make me use

my weapons on you, humans, we are trying to help you."

Tolmara:           At that, some of the crowd calms down, although you sense that by

and large, people are uneasy at the sight before them.

NeoGameBrain:            ((drat.  I need a teleport spell but I can't find one that'll

transport everybody))

RSwiftblade:     "Be patient and you shall return home"

Lunauc:            ((shouldn't we be more worried of them hurting themselves on the way

down from the plateau?)

Baltak2:            "let the wizards do their work..we have no wish to harm ye.. "

NeoGameBrain:            ::imagines a gate...leading from here to 50 ft in front of the

door to the Shadowrest Inn::

Lunauc:            ::Looks back up as nothing comes at him from the immediate effect::

NeoGameBrain:            ::height...20 ft.  width...three men across. duration...20

minutes::

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "Very good.  You've come far along in such a short time.  A

pity you're not a channeler....I could train you."

RSwiftblade:     ((lol))

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "Now, concentrate, as your thoughts become reality."

Baltak2:            ((focus daniel san))

Lunauc:            ((use the force luke)

Tolmara:           Rhian becomes introspective as she focuses her thoughts inward.

You can see that her form grows insubstantial as she pours more and more of

herself into Arinth's form.

Lunauc:            (concentrate you must, appear the portal will)

RSwiftblade:     ((ROFL))

Lunauc:            (to taco bell make the portal go. the munchies yoda has)

NeoGameBrain:            ::focuses on the image, filling in minute detail after detail,

making the vision seem as real as if it were right in front of them::

Tolmara:           Between the two of them, as Arinth glows brighter and brighter and

Rhian grows more and more ethereal, suddenly, there is a bright blue

shimmering portal, through which you can see the inn of Hawk's Shadowrest.

RSwiftblade:     "GO Through!"

Lunauc:            =-O  "Whoooooaaawww...."

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "I....I....cannot transfer much more, or else I shall cease

to exist...."

Baltak2:            "wow.. I guess we run through now?!?"

RSwiftblade:     "Steadily and orderly now!"

Lunauc:            ::stands and gets ready to go::

RSwiftblade:     "Quickly, quickly and mind the person next to you."

Tolmara:           Instead there is a mad rush through the gate, hesitantly at first,

and then its as if the gates of heaven burst forth.

Baltak2:            ::helps herd villagers thru in an orderly manner::

NeoGameBrain:            "HURRY.  THIS CANNOT LAST LONG."

RSwiftblade:     "Be careful"

Baltak2:            ::plows his own way thru gate at sound of that::

RSwiftblade:     ::helps villagers allong::

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "I....I..."

Tolmara:           She breaks off contact and collapses in Arinth's arms.

Tolmara:           The gate begins to flicker wildly.

Lunauc:            ::rushes to the gate with the others::

RSwiftblade:     ::helps the last of the villagers through and the rest of the

party::

NeoGameBrain:            ::the blue glow gone, Arinth rises to full consciousness::

NeoGameBrain:            "Rhian!"

RSwiftblade:     "No time get through the gate!"

Lunauc:            :stops to run back over to the casters: "Come on! come on!" ::

NeoGameBrain:            ::to the stragglers::  "Let's go!

Lunauc:            helps get Rhian up::

NeoGameBrain:            ::follows quickly::

RSwiftblade:     "Give her to me"

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "I...I'm fading.  Leave me, please.  Go on without me."

NeoGameBrain:            "I've got her.  Just keep going!"

RSwiftblade:     "She is not a load to me, you on the other hand must have your

full speed"

Tolmara:           Rhian:  "I thank you.  I cannot maintain the portal for much

longer, but I can at least shepherd you through."

Lunauc:            "ok" ::hands her over to the priest:

NeoGameBrain:            ::smiles as he hurries on::  "Nice try.  But I've got orders

to keep an eye on you."

Tolmara:           The portal flickers ever more wildly.

RSwiftblade:     ::slings her over his shoulder::

RSwiftblade:     "Come on"  Makes a dash for the portal::

Lunauc:            ::looks worried as he runs for the gate, looking back to make sure

no one's left::

NeoGameBrain:            "Alright."  ::full speed run::

RSwiftblade:     (he is still unencumbered and runs at 40')

Tolmara:           As soon as the rest of you emerge through the portal, the gate

slams shut just as soon as Rhian lets out a sigh and falls limp in Reiner's

arms.

RSwiftblade:     ::checks to see if she is dead ::

Baltak2:            "everyone ok?"

RSwiftblade:     If not...cure light wounds::

Lunauc:            ::pushes himself up after falling face first out of the gate::

"..fine"

NeoGameBrain:            ::turns suddenly to Rhian::  Quickly.  We must get her bed.  I

need healers now."

RSwiftblade:     ::looks at Arinth:: "She is dead"

WyldElfRanger:             ::makes his way for the portal as makes sure the inn people

go before him::

NeoGameBrain:            "What?"

Baltak2:            "durn shame  ::says a silent prayer for her in thanks::"

RSwiftblade:     "There is nothing I can do for her...she is a martyr."

NeoGameBrain:            ::checks the woman, desperately scanning for a magic aura::

Lunauc:            :-\  ::looks around at them confused:: "Who's dead?"

Lunauc:            "huh?" ::stares off into space::

NeoGameBrain:            ::sits there, thinking frantically::

WyldElfRanger:             "Let's go then, make not her sacrifice in vain be"

RSwiftblade:     "Are you sick boy? Or are you just naturally that way?"

Lunauc:            ::scratching his head, ignoring the others:: "Oh... yeah.... so

you're dead?"

RSwiftblade:     ::Carries her limp body to the town::

Baltak2:            "i think he hit his head on the books one too many times

::snickers::"

NeoGameBrain:            ::gets up slowly, in a daze::

Lunauc:            ::cocks his head:: "What's a sao'dar?

WyldElfRanger:             ::goes through the portal, mumbling to himself in elvish

about the stupidity of humans::

Lunauc:            (we're through the portal already and back at the inn)

WyldElfRanger:             ::goes looking for the dryad we rescued earlier to have a

chat with her::

NeoGameBrain:            ::sighs in defeat::  "With great power there must come great

sacrifice..."

Lunauc:            ::talking to the air apparently:: "Yeah I know. But if it helps me.

I'm happy with it. So who's waiting for you?"

Baltak2:            "that was certainly something i've never seen a wizard do

before..ye did good work boy"

Lunauc:            ::looking around at everyone::"Do you really have to go? I don't

think the other's will be happy"

NeoGameBrain:            ::barely hears the praise::  "It wasn't really me.  Not

really.  I'm just a pion.  A fool.."

Baltak2:            "don't underestimate yerself lad ye did good"

NeoGameBrain:            ::walks off to think::

Lunauc:            :-(  "Oh..." ::looking down for a moment, he suddenly looks up and

asks:: "Oh if you're going there... can you say hi to my dad and ol' Baggus.

I haven't seen them in a long time."

Lunauc:            0.o  "Huh?"

Baltak2:            ::shakes his head at Lun's PC::

Lunauc:            "Oh yeah!

Lunauc:            "One more thing!"

Lunauc:             "You want me to tell the others anything?"

NeoGameBrain:            ::stops and glances at the young sorceror curiously::

NeoGameBrain:            ::sense magic::

Baltak2:            "what's with this weird kid?"

Lunauc:            "Cyrdenna... okay."

RSwiftblade:     ::goes towards the inn with Rhian in his arms::

RSwiftblade:     "Who are you talking to boy?"

Lunauc:            (btw.. haven't said or shown anything of being a sorcerer... not

even sure you guys know my name)

Baltak2:            ((i don't lol))

Lunauc:            :-D "As you wish!"

RSwiftblade:     ::shakes Lunauc:: "Who are you talking to?"

RSwiftblade:     ::with his shoulder::

Baltak2:            "the boy's delirious reiner...feed him some whiskey and he'll calm

down right quick"

RSwiftblade:     "I have my hands full right now"

Lunauc:            *blinking as if something weird just passed over him, then looks

around for someone:: :-[ "Bye Lady..."

Lunauc:            ::suddenly looking to Reiner:: "Miss Rhian..."

RSwiftblade:     "Ah so you are the one..what did she say?"

WyldElfRanger:             ::shakes his head as he looks for the dryad and anymore

Nightshades as he need to get away from humans for a bit and find more like

himself::

NeoGameBrain:            ::eyes go wide::

Tolmara:           You emerged from the gate, as the guests return to the inn and

hurry inside, shivering from the cold.  Many remark that their trips will be

delayed as they recover from being sick by the cold.

Lunauc:            "She said I had potential." :-D

NeoGameBrain:            ::smiles as he begins to realize something::

RSwiftblade:     "I see"

OnlineHost:       NeoGameBrain rolled 1 20-sided die:  6

Baltak2:            "reiner, we have weird companions me friend"

Lunauc:            "Oh, yeah... and she said to go see her sister Cyrdenna about some

White jura peson you're lookiung for."

OnlineHost:       NeoGameBrain rolled 1 20-sided die:  15

RSwiftblade:     "And where is she?"

Lunauc:            :-(  "She went to see lady death..."

RSwiftblade:     "No Cyrdenna"

RSwiftblade:     "My Father, give me patience with this person"

Lunauc:            "huh? Oh.... the shadow square in  tolmara"

Baltak2:            ::takes a long pull on whiskey jug and passes it to reiner::

RSwiftblade:     "I will endulge once I find a place to rest Rhian"

Lunauc:            "And she said something about me being cider."  :-\  "I don't really

drink that much of it though..."

Baltak2:            "more fer me then"::takes another long pull before corking it::

RSwiftblade:     "What do we do with Rhian's body.  I am only able to officiate

of those who belong to the War Father"

RSwiftblade:     "Cider?"

Lunauc:            "I don't think the giant would mind. he seemed nice enough."

Lunauc:            ::standing up casually::

AlexPetrovich99:           ok..backness

Baltak2:            "nice giant...there's a strange term"

NeoGameBrain:            ::smiles as he pats Morti on the shoulder::  "I think I'm

beginning to understand.  We shall have a talk later."

Lunauc:            ::cocks his head at arinth:: "Ummm.... okay...."

Tolmara:           (xp will be given out at the end of this session)

RSwiftblade:     "Arinth, what is going on here and what do I do with her?  This

is more your realm than mine."

Baltak2:            "and what is with this Morti kid?"

Lunauc:            0.o

Tolmara:           (you're back in the inn, btw, I assume.)

RSwiftblade:     ::Lays Rhian down with respect::

Lunauc:            "maybe we should take her to her sister..."

AlexPetrovich99:           ()She's dead?)

Lunauc:            (hai hai)

Baltak2:            ((it'll be in the log mikey..loong story))

RSwiftblade:     ((yes))

AlexPetrovich99:           (aw wtf.. I had big plans for her

AlexPetrovich99:           dammit

RSwiftblade:     "Arinth, please let me know...what is tradition among your

kind"

NeoGameBrain:            "She was far different than me.  But I think she would

appreciate a wizard's funeral."

Lunauc:            0.o "what's that?"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::prays that she may find peace and prays for forgiveness

of my own being as I'd sworn to protect her best I could::

NeoGameBrain:            "It depends on the circumstances.  In this case, an earth

burial.

AlexPetrovich99:           (and look what that got me.. the one time I'm significantly

afk and... )

RSwiftblade:     "Can you tell if there is a priest who can perform this here or

can you guide me?

Lunauc:            (there's nothing you could have done)

NeoGameBrain:            "I do not think the body would last a trip to Tolmara.  I

doubt it would do her sister much comfort either."

Lunauc:            (::wrapps an arm arounf your shoulder and cries)

Baltak2:            "well let's bury her here and let her sister know there was no way

to bring her to tolmara"

NeoGameBrain:            "I'll do what I can, but I'm no priest.

RSwiftblade:     "I will give her a general last rights and we can bury here

here."

RSwiftblade:     her here"

NeoGameBrain:            "Yes.  That would be best."

WyldElfRanger:             ::listens to all this and takes a look at the clientelle

around him as he wonders what the dryad might have wanted to speak with him

about::

RSwiftblade:     "Come on, lets find a marker and start digging"

RSwiftblade:     (can we assume that last rights are performed and she is

burried near a large oak tree?)

NeoGameBrain:            "Do you have a clean knife?"

RSwiftblade:     "Here, my dagger is clean"

RSwiftblade:     (is that ok stan?)

Tolmara:           (yes)

RSwiftblade:     ::back at the inn:: "Let us all drink to Rhian, who saved us

all"

Baltak2:            "aye let's have a round"

Lunauc:            ::Holds up a cup of cider, which he insisted on having:: "Hai hai!"

RSwiftblade:     ((what is our next move folks))

Lunauc:            (Wintershivven, right?"

NeoGameBrain:            ::takes the knife::  "Goddess Hurishta, creator of the

pattern, governess of magic, we ask you to recieve the brave soul of Rhian,

Blue Jurai of the Aes Sendai..."

AlexPetrovich99:           ::is too stunned by the loss of Rhian::

NeoGameBrain:            ::clumsily continues with the prayer as best as he can

remember, making up parts that he believes appropriate::

Tolmara:           Shagath:  "I saw what you did there...achoo!...and I'm proud of

what you did, my boy....but I do have reservations about taking in a wizard

of such power among us...."

Baltak2:            "we'll be responsible for him shagath"

RSwiftblade:     "It is more protection fer you"

Tolmara:           Xavick:  "Tarth, Shagath and I have been thinkin' that perhaps it

might not be a good idea fer us to have ye all the way beyond Wintershivven."

Baltak2:            "and he did save us all"

Lunauc:            ::turns away for a moment to pull down his scarf and drink som

cider, then turns back:: "Yup... he's a good witch."

WyldElfRanger:             :sighs and wonders where he could find that dryad again or

would she find him?:

NeoGameBrain:            "Don't worry, Shagath.  It is not something I like to make a

habit of."

NeoGameBrain:            "I doubt I may ever be able to accomplish such a feat ever

again."

Tolmara:           Tarth:  "Well true, of course, you're responsible and all.  It's

just that word travels fast, ye know?  And soon, we'll be in Wintershivven.

We jest dun' want to have to deal with talk behind our backs and all."

Lunauc:            ::patting arinth on the back:: "Sure you will... just gotta drink

more cider. lady Rhian told me so."

WyldElfRanger:             ::says an elven blessing for Rhian and then tries to think of

where to meet the dryad as he looks to see if he can find a cute human girl

to have some fun with.:

Tolmara:           Tarth:  "And not to mention, what if folk think we're with the

company of wizards who bewitch good folk who dun' rely on magic to do honest

work...."

RSwiftblade:     "Do I look the sort who would use magic to replace hard work?"

Baltak2:            "then they be fools we're better off without

RSwiftblade:     ::offended at that remark::

RSwiftblade:     "Well Tarth?"

Tolmara:           Shaghath:  "We'll go to Wintershivven with ye, since we've struck a

contract.  And we'll see what'll happen.  But if somethin' goes awry suchlike

folk mistrustin' us becuz o' ye, then we'll have to talk agin about the

contract."

NeoGameBrain:            "Then let them think what they will.  If they fear our

supposed power, they will be too scared to ask.  It is why people like us

exist in this world.

Baltak2:            "and we'll be just fine with or without ye...but we fulfill our

contracts"

Lunauc:            ::Shies away from a conversation of fear and loathing, turning away

to take another sip of cider::

AlexPetrovich99:           "I.. I really liked her....dammit I want the head of the

person thing or beastt hat did this"

RSwiftblade:     "No more talk of this, let us give thanks to the War Father

that we are alive and may fight another day"

Baltak2:            "that's sounds good by me own thinkin"::takes another slug of

whiskey::

RSwiftblade:     "Ok light weight"::laughs::

NeoGameBrain:            ((we still outside here, or did we fast forward past that?))

RSwiftblade:     "Maybe, ye should stick to the milk punch"

NeoGameBrain:            ((the funeral, I mean.))

Baltak2:            "or mama's milk"::chuckling::

Lunauc:            (kinda hard to tell ain't it? since we're sitting around drink, I'd

say we've moved inside)

RSwiftblade:     (I asked stan if we could fast forward)

Tolmara:           (I'm assuming that you're held a brief ceremony when you got to the

inn, and the earth burial/vigil will be tonight.  the details aren't

important.)

RSwiftblade:     (you and I did a private ceremony for her)

NeoGameBrain:            ((works for me))

Baltak2:            ((sounds good here))

Tolmara:           Tarth:  "Very well.  We'll go to Wintershivven in a few days, after

we get over this cold.  In Wintershivven, we won't be expectin' ye to keep up

wid' us, so ye can go off an' do what ye like while we're there.

RSwiftblade:     "Aye"

Tolmara:           We expect to be in town fer a fortnight.  (OOC:  18 days, a week is

9 days.)

RSwiftblade:     "Allright"

RSwiftblade:     "I dunno about all of you but I am tired and need to rest"

Tolmara:           "After our final sale, we expect tae move quickly tae Tolmara and

points south.  We'll be spendin' some time in the City of the Diamond

Citadel, and then hope to move to Highkeep afterwards."

NeoGameBrain:            ::takes a drink of wine::  "That sounds fine. I wouldn't be

worrying about your contract.  If anything, we'll have less trouble to worry

about."

Lunauc:            ::Happily drinks his cider, unconcerned with the plans being made::

Baltak2:            "that sounds fair by me reckoning"

WyldElfRanger:             ((grrr, my computer is starting to annoy me))

AlexPetrovich99:           "I just want to get drunk tonight and forget about the

unpleasantness of the day.. anyone with me on that ??"

Lunauc:            "Diamond Citadel.... sounds familiar" :Shrug:

NeoGameBrain:            "Look at it this way.  Your wares must be pretty valuable if

it requires such powerful folk to protect them."

Baltak2:            "aye je'rar here here"::takes another pull of whiskey and passes

bottle to je'rar::

Tolmara:           Xavick:  "Aye, I suppose that's one way tae look at it."

Tolmara:           He glances at Shagath.

RSwiftblade:     ::looks at Arinth::

WyldElfRanger:             ::smirks at their suggestion as he tries his luck with the

one wench::

NeoGameBrain:            "Now, if you'll excuse me, these business matters are

something that can wait until morning.  And I'm rather exhausted from

tonight's trials."

AlexPetrovich99:           ::takes an incredibly long pul off of the whiskey bottle::

Lunauc:            ::finishes off his cider. seeing the others drinking, quietly sneaks

off to bed. this was a long night::

Tolmara:           Xavick:  "In Wintershivven, we won't be expectin' much help wid ye'

about our cargo.  It's only once we get near Tolmara and points south that we

should worry.  The Silent Network will be yer bane."

Tolmara:           Xavick:  "As ye wish."

NeoGameBrain:            ::grabs the boy by the shoulder::  "Hold on.  We still have

that talk remember?"

Tolmara:           Xavick:  "Come Shagath.  We should get tae bed and get over

ourselves..."

Lunauc:            :: a bit starled:: "Wha... about what?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "The Silent who?"

OnlineHost:       WyldElfRanger rolled 1 20-sided die:  11

Baltak2:            "what silent network"::speech startin to slur::

RSwiftblade:     "Aye"

NeoGameBrain:            "About your future, boy."

Lunauc:            ::walking along with arinth:: "My future?"

RSwiftblade:     "this I have to see"

NeoGameBrain:            "The Lady Rhian is right about one thing, you do have

potential.  A great potential."

Tolmara:           Shaghath:  "I thought you didnae want tae hear about business.  An'

it can wait.  Our noses can't."

Lunauc:            "Really?"

NeoGameBrain:            "Back there I sensed something in you.  I don't fully

understand it, but you seem to have a gift for the Art."

Baltak2:            "If ye ain't gonna drink wish us besgone"::drinks more whiskey::

Lunauc:            :-\  "Well... I can doodle a little bit... I really wouldn't call it

art though."

NeoGameBrain:            ::smacks Morti across the head::  "I'm talking about magic,

you stupid fool."

RSwiftblade:     "Is he one of those natural talents?"

NeoGameBrain:            ((it's a private conversation, mostly in whispers.  I just

thought it should be in the log.))

Lunauc:            "Ow" ::shrinks away. tooks a look around to see that they're out of

earshot:: "Oh... that..."

Lunauc:            :: hurries along toward his room

Lunauc:            ::

Baltak2:            ::looks like he's starting to think of sleeping on the table in a

stupor::

WyldElfRanger:             ::smirks as he only half listens, more of his attention is on

seduction than anything else this evening.::

Lunauc:            (seduction.....? aren't we in a room full of unbathed hunter's and

trappers?)

NeoGameBrain:            "Now, it's clear your path and mine are quite different and I

myself am a bit of an amatuer.  However..."

WyldElfRanger:             ((something I'm doing in IMs))

AlexPetrovich99:           ::looks for more drink to get good and drunk and then head

to his room::

Lunauc:            (aaaaaaahhhhhh)

Lunauc:            ::glances back at the mage following him::  :-\

Baltak2:            "well ye all arr no fun atsh all"::does a drunken stagger dance off

to bed::

Tolmara:           (OC:  Lythar was flirting and flitting with half of the wenches in

the room, playing them like a fiddle to a violin.)

NeoGameBrain:            "If you're interested, I'd like to train you for a while.  Put

you on the path."

Tolmara:           (mostly via IM though.  :-))

RSwiftblade:     "I'm going to bed"::goes upstairs::

Lunauc:            "Path to what?

WyldElfRanger:             ((heh, he's of the opinion to breed humanity out existance is

the best path :D)

Lunauc:            (on the quest to be the first elf to contract syphillus)

Lunauc:            (hehehehehe)

NeoGameBrain:            "I suppose that'll be up to you when the time comes, but a man

has to put his feet on the ground before he can start walking."

Baltak2:            ((way too deep a thought for Bal at this point))

NeoGameBrain:            "I can introduce you to the craft.  Help you understand it.

Where you go from there is up to you."

Lunauc:            ::scratching his head in consideration, just shrugs back:: "Okay.

I'll be your loyal student then!" ::Salutes awkwardly::

RSwiftblade:     brb

NeoGameBrain:            ::smiles::  "Alright.  Then we'll start in the morning.  I

believe the Lady would have prefered it this way."

WyldElfRanger:             ::smiles and salutes the sorcerror with his tankard as he

tries to engage the girl in conversation/seduction::

Lunauc:            "Great." ::then noticing the elf saluting him, adds:: "I'll have to

work on drinking more cider though. I can only take so much right now."

Lunauc:            ::turns away, heading for bed:: "G'nite"

NeoGameBrain:            ::under his breath as the bow leaves::  "Good gods, what have

I gotten myself into?"

Lunauc:            (heheh. brb)

NeoGameBrain:            boy*

WyldElfRanger:             ::smirks as the night ends with him escorting a wench to his

room::

NeoGameBrain:            ::retires to attend to the business of Rhian's vigil::

Baltak2:            ((hi dave))\

VBJunkie:         ((hy all))

Lunauc:            (hoi)

WyldElfRanger:             (afk)

RSwiftblade:     back

RSwiftblade:     (Stan, are there any wenches eyeing Reiner as he makes his way

up the stairs?)

Lunauc:            (yes... one gap toothed old woman who looks a bit manly.)

VBJunkie:         ((thats not nice to talk about your mother that way...))

Lunauc:            (I thought my mother was the hill giant....)

VBJunkie:         ((no your mother is the hill giant))

RSwiftblade:     ((and your father smells of elderberries?))

Lunauc:            o.0 ....yeah

VBJunkie:         ((your father is the fruit peddler with two left shoes))

VBJunkie:         ((thus the elderberries...))

RSwiftblade:     ((hey dave))

Lunauc:            ((quite! I fart in your general direction!)

RSwiftblade:     ((oh no, he must be French))

Lunauc:            (Quiet rather)

Baltak2:            ((that's why i have this outrageous accent!))

Tolmara:           (yes, the ones that didn't make it with Lythar of course)

RSwiftblade:     ((please, do not taunt me a second time))

Lunauc:            (Yes! Now go away you silly English types!

VBJunkie:         ((i doubt any of your farts would be quiet...))

Tolmara:           (in particular, a 6'2" and 170, size 18 with stringy black hair and

dull green eyes, and a gap toothed smile.

RSwiftblade:     ((but I'm sure the French did not expect the Spanish

Inquisition))

Tolmara:           (her bosom shakes like a jello salad when she approaches you.)

Tolmara:           (j/k)

Lunauc:            (well... no expects the Spanish inquisition)

VBJunkie:         ((shakes like chinese chicken salad?))

Lunauc:            (how about parfait instead... parfait's good)

RSwiftblade:     ((at least we did not have to bring out our dead in this

campaign except Rhian))

Baltak2:            ((slap the thighs and ride the wave in..don't forget the flour))

RSwiftblade:     ((must be jelly cause jam don't shake))

RSwiftblade:     (Stan is it morning yet?)

Tolmara:           ((yes, fast forward to morning))

Lunauc:            (go ahead)

RSwiftblade:     ::stumbles dowstairs for breakfast::

RSwiftblade:     "What is fer breakfast innkeep?"

Lunauc:            ::went to bed early and is already up sitting at the counter in his

ever present scarf::

Baltak2:            ::looking much worse for the wear and stumbles downstairs::

Lunauc:            "Fffooooooddd..." :-$

Baltak2:            "where's breakfast!?!?"

NeoGameBrain:            ::comes in yawning, with small bags under his eyes::

RSwiftblade:     "Why do ye wear that scarf?"

Lunauc:            ::thoughlessly kicks his feet against the wood of the bar as he

waits for his breakfast::

WyldElfRanger:             ::smiles when he comes down in his armor knowing where he

should go for his mission.::

NeoGameBrain:            "So much for manners.  What ever happened to 'Good morning'?"

Baltak2:            ::starts mumblin about wizards and their weird ways and eats

silently::

Lunauc:            "Huh?" ::looks up at reiner, then returns arinth:: "Good Morning"

RSwiftblade:     "Aye, good morning so why do you wear that scarf?"

Tolmara:           Breakfast are warm baked oat and rye rolls, sweet butter, pumpkin

and walnut butter, elderberry preserves, Berondt cheese, pork and fig

scrapple, milk, ale, wellwater and firewine.

Lunauc:            :: puts his head back down on his folded arms, idly kicking the bar:

Lunauc:            "Looks good."

NeoGameBrain:            ::sighs::  "We'll have to work on the manners later."

RSwiftblade:     "Ah, so did ye have yer talk with our young friend here?'

Tolmara:           (We can break in 30 minutes.)

RSwiftblade:     ::addressing Arinth::

Lunauc:            "Sounds good." ::to the barkeep::

WyldElfRanger:             ::smiles and attempts to have some conversation with Belinda

before going on his way keeping in mind where he needs to go."

Baltak2:            ::just eats food and minds his business... nursing monstrous dwarf

sized hangover that has excedrin all over it::

NeoGameBrain:            "Yes, I took the liberty of recruiting young Mortimer here.

He'll be traveling with us to Tolmara as my new apprentice."

RSwiftblade:     ::whispers:: "Arinth, did ye have yer talk?  He concerns

me...don't want any loose cannons out there"

WyldElfRanger:             "City of the Citadel, City of the Citadel, I will have to

find this place of which the dryad spoke."

Lunauc:            ::kicking the bar, with no concern for hangovers, turns to the

dwarf:: "You ok?"

RSwiftblade:     "ah, I see."

Baltak2:            "Kid shut yer yap afore I put me boot in it!"

NeoGameBrain:            "He may have a little too much space inside that head of his,

but I believe he'll prove useful to our cause."

WyldElfRanger:             "And I'll have to remember this Belinda at this inn for

later."

RSwiftblade:     "Aye, but is he sick or just a little slow?"

Lunauc:            :-( :: moves over a couple seats from the dwarf...

Lunauc:            and continues to idly kick the bar::

RSwiftblade:     "He almost hit me in the back with a crossbow bolt"

NeoGameBrain:            ::looking at the dwarf::  "Besides, I figured one more loose

cannon couldn't hurt."

Baltak2:            "stupid wizards... leave me alone"::clutches head and shakes his

head stoically as if to attempt to clear it::

WyldElfRanger:             :D

Baltak2:            ::goes back to his plate ignoring morti completely::

RSwiftblade:     "Here Dnatrag"  ::hands him some herbs from his pocket:: "Chew

on these"

RSwiftblade:     dantrag

WyldElfRanger:             ::smirks and wonders if he could buy something to help him

remember all these details::

Baltak2:            ::listens to reiner and mumbles thanks::

Lunauc:            ::Looks at the dwarf, concerned what was so wrong with him, but

doesn't ask him right now::

NeoGameBrain:            "A bit of training and he'll do fine.  At least he won't blow

us up like a certain nasaly mage I know."

RSwiftblade:     "They will help your headache"

Baltak2:            "barkeep gimme ale"

RSwiftblade:     "Aye, let's hope not"

Baltak2:            ::washes herbs down with ale after chewing a bit::

NeoGameBrain:            ::takes a roll and butters it as he lowers his voice::

RSwiftblade:     (your headache lessens slightly)

Lunauc:            ::looking to the dwarf as he orders, adds:: "And some Cider for me,

I have potential to build!"

Tolmara:           Tarth:  "Oi, very well.  We leave in a day, so I would suggest

making ready for our journey to Wintershivven.  An' did ye want tae talk

business now, now that ye've eaten yer fill?"

Baltak2:            "see if ye can find yer brains whilst workin on yer

potential"::scoffs::

RSwiftblade:     "Aye"

WyldElfRanger:             ::smirks as he eats his own meal and takes in all he has done

and needs to do as he keeps an eye on his traveling companions::

Baltak2:            "why not?"

NeoGameBrain:            ::to Reiner:: "Between you and me,  the boy has powers similar

to Rhian's but doesn't know how to realize them.  Without even some

rudimentry training, he could be a great danger to everyone."

RSwiftblade:     ::grabs some pork and butters a couple of rolls and shoves them

in his mouth"

RSwiftblade:     ::chokes on his bread:: "What was that?"

Lunauc:            ::ignoring the cynicism, happily eats his breakfast, turninghis head

each time and carefully lifting hte scarf to take a bite each time without

showing his face::

NeoGameBrain:            "But with the right teacher, he could be a great asset."

RSwiftblade:     "May the War Father show mercy upon him"

Baltak2:            "as ye say Arinth since ye know more in these matters than I but

keep a short leash on him will ye?"

NeoGameBrain:            "I'm not sure if you can understand but Rhian and Morti.

Their powers don't work like mine."

WyldElfRanger:             ::keeps an ear to their conversation as he goes through

things in his mind. going over to the others.:: "I received a visit from the

dryad we rescued yesterday."

Baltak2:            "I'm willin to take ye at yer word Arinth"

RSwiftblade:     "Aye then perhaps the first lesson is for him to work on being

quiet.  Let people have to guess about him."

RSwiftblade:     "Aye, well elf, what did she say to you?"

Lunauc:            ::having not heard a word about himself, he does pick up on the

elf's declaration: Chewing a mouthful of bread under his scarf he looks back

in interest::

RSwiftblade:     ::laughs:: "was this before or after she danced apon your lap!

"

Baltak2:            ""hehee"

WyldElfRanger:             "Well certain things aside she told where to next find

information on a trapped Aes Sendai that requires freeing. We would travle to

the City of the Citadel and from there receve further instruction."

RSwiftblade:     "Aye we will go there soon. "

NeoGameBrain:            "Hmm...interesting.  Seems everybody but the damned caravan

operators knows about our mission."

RSwiftblade:     "It must all be part of the master plan of the gods"

Baltak2:            "isn't that always the way?"

NeoGameBrain:            "Tell me.  Did she happen to explain why she stranded us with

a hill giant and no way out save Rhian's sacrifice."

RSwiftblade:     "I fight, I heal and I preach...that is all I know"

WyldElfRanger:             "She has found out because she is of the fey and they are in

communication on certain things. But we have more direction than we had."

WyldElfRanger:             "She used what energy she could spare to send us to that

place. She still is not fully recovered."

RSwiftblade:     "It may have been fate and we have no fate but the fate we are

given"

Baltak2:            "I don't know what to make of this...a giant who doesn't

attack...very disturbing"

Lunauc:            ::very confused by everything their saying, he only picks up on the

dwarf's comment: "Why would Reiner's father attack us?"

RSwiftblade:     "Dantag you know how to fight, that is your calling"

Tolmara:           Xavick (between mouthfuls):  "As we were sayin' afore, last night,

the Silent Network will be yer bane, when ye're in Tolmara and points south."

Tolmara:           Tarth:  "Aye.  They'd be wiped out from Wylund, on edict of His

Majesty, but fer the role they played in resisting the Kernin invasion thirty

winters ago."

Baltak2:            "what is this Silent Network ye speak of.. I have a hazy memory of

ye mentioning that last night?"

RSwiftblade:     "Aye, I have heard of them.  Stories travel where I am from

about them."

Tolmara:           Tarth:  "An' the fact that their guildhouse sits in the shadow of

Castle Falconedge don't escape many eyes or ears, fer that matter."

RSwiftblade:     (do they still look as though they are sick?)

Tolmara:           Xavick:  "So, perhaps, master priest of the mountains, ye have

heard much about the worship of the dead master thieves of Tolmara?  Fer they

walk the streets as well as any god o' yours."

Tolmara:           (yes, actually)

Tolmara:           (but they're getting better slowly)

RSwiftblade:     "Aye, I have heard"

Baltak2:            "sounds like a story to scare kiddies with"

RSwiftblade:     ::hands them both some herbs::

Tolmara:           Shagath:  "Aye, 'tis ill tae speak o' them openly, so speak o' them

in whispers we be doin'.  They be jealous masters, these thieves, an' yet

they keep the guild they watch o'er and the city they live within, safe from

all harm."

RSwiftblade:     "Chew on these, they will clear yer noses"

NeoGameBrain:            ::musing::  "The Shadow...I wonder."

WyldElfRanger:             ::smiles and goes back his feast as well as the memories or

last night as he winks at Belinda::

AlexPetrovich99:           .. sry..got distracted by the Patriots.. my one true and

overpowering vice

Baltak2:            "by Kranchaar that's an amusing story"

RSwiftblade:     "I do not like rogues, shadows or the like, but will deal with

whatever comes my way, by the will of the War Father"

Tolmara:           Xavick:  "The Silent Network is a guild o' thieves that is based

mainly in Tolmara and in Highkeep so the shadows whisper.  But they work

their deeds elsewhere, such as in Whytsun.  Most honest folk don't have tae

worry about them,

Tolmara:           as long as tithes are paid.  Since we be Fhaardfolk, we sneer at

them stinkin' rogue tithes, an' that's where ye come in."

Lunauc:            ::Listens with great interest over the stories of thieves::

NeoGameBrain:            "Nah..."   ::continues to listen::

RSwiftblade:     "There is no rogue who will catch me flat footed, for the War

Father will alarm me of such treachery"

Baltak2:            "thieves deserve nothing other than having their hands chopped

off...that's how we deal with such scum"

Lunauc:            ::reiner:: "He's coming us?"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Aye.power be to us fhaard"

Lunauc:            =-O  :gapes at the dwarf's words::

Tolmara:           Shagath:  "This is a guild that works not like other guilds ye may

have heard about, like the Crimson Mask or the Dark Kraken.  This guild

specializes in obtaining information...fer a price and brokering it tae the

highest bidder.

RSwiftblade:     ::to mortimer::

Tolmara:           O' of course they have their rogues and their murderers and their

backstabbers, suchlike any other guild, but their true colors shine when

there's information tae be had and held."

Baltak2:            "bah all of them are thivin scum that i woulda been sorry to see

squeezed from their mommy's sweaty loins"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Then they aren't so silent, are they?"

RSwiftblade:     "The War Father is my god, he is the bringer of battle and

strength"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::rubbing the grogginess out of his eyes::

Lunauc:            "Well he did look pretty powerful when he was beating around those

nightshade guys"

RSwiftblade:     "He protects the fighter and warrior and makes their blades

strike true"

Tolmara:           Shagath:  "This is the last time we'll be able tae speak openly,

e'en as we're in Wylund's hinterlands.  Once we set foot in Wintershivven, be

wary, fer there may be eyes hidden in the walls."

Lunauc:            "How's he do that?"

Baltak2:            "aye he and Kranchaar get along famously"

RSwiftblade:     "I am his warrior and priest...what you saw, Mortimer was a

Hill Giant, not the War Father."

AlexPetrovich99:           "Hmm.. maybe he has an active interest in my hanlding

weapons in each hand with good accuracy.."

AlexPetrovich99:           "Hill Giant?!?"

Lunauc:            *blink blink* "Oh... then why'd you say he was?"  :-\

AlexPetrovich99:           "GrrrRRRR"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I HATE HILL GIANTS!"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I wish to kill them ALL"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::shudders in pure anger::

Baltak2:            "the world would be prettier without them je'rar i agree"

AlexPetrovich99:           :rage fills his features::

RSwiftblade:     "No mortimer, each time I go into battle I pray to

him...understand?"

Lunauc:            ::throws a buttered roll at the back of jer'ar's head:: "Watch your

mouth!"

Lunauc:            "He saved the villagers!"

RSwiftblade:     0000

NeoGameBrain:            "Just let it go.  It'll become apparant soon enough."

Lunauc:            "And you're mocking the man reiner prays too even!"

AlexPetrovich99:           "Damn batsrads nearly killed my father and a goo score of

my people; do not tell me what ginats to hate!"

AlexPetrovich99:           *damn bastards

AlexPetrovich99:           *good score

Lunauc:            (it's fun to play a fool)

Lunauc:            "So this one didn't!"

AlexPetrovich99:           (OOC: I'm acting exactly the way I should)

RSwiftblade:     "Mortimer, that was not the war father, he is in a different

place.  I prayed to him to help him defeat the hill giant."

Lunauc:            "He even saved the people here in the inn! He's a hero!"

Baltak2:            "Calm down Je'rar he's just a foolish child... he knows nothing of

the world at large"

AlexPetrovich99:           "I curse the day you see me look up to a filthy HILL

GIANT!"

Lunauc:            (yeah, Mortimar's just a simple-minded)

RSwiftblade:     "The giant just wanted to get away and did not want to eat the

villagers."

AlexPetrovich99:           ::hands unthinkingly grasp the hilts of my weapons::

RSwiftblade:     (speaking to Mortimer as a 5 year old)

Baltak2:            ::slaps Je'rar::"Calm yerself now!"

Tolmara:           Shagath:  "Careful, where you are, friend Je'rar."  (to everyone

else in the room)  "My apologies, they've clearly had too much to drink and

eat."

Lunauc:            :-* :to reiner: "Okay, I understand. The hill giant is not the war

father"

NeoGameBrain:            "Mortimer, do us a favor and stop drinking the cider.  Lady

Rhian would not have you become more foolish than you already are."

AlexPetrovich99:           ::brushes dantrag off to one side and steps away::

Lunauc:            ::takes on as he turns away:: "And Jer'ar's a jerk."

RSwiftblade:     "The more you drink Mortimer, the more you will have to go

poddy"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::turns around and goes to grab Mortimer by the shoulder::

Baltak2:            ((oh GAWD ROTFLMAO))

AlexPetrovich99:           :fierce hatred lights his eye:

Baltak2:            ((alfred stop snortin the formula..ya mix that with water ya know))

AlexPetrovich99:           ((dammit afk for wifey brb)

AlexPetrovich99:           GrrRRR

RSwiftblade:     "ENOUGH!  Je'rar settle down"

Lunauc:            :-*

Lunauc:            (hehe... this is fun)

NeoGameBrain:            ::grabs Je'rar::  "You're supposed to be the adult, remember?"

Tolmara:           Xavick:  "I told ye so...I told ye so....this crew's more trouble

than a pot o' rabbits stewing fer dinner."

Tolmara:           Shagath:  "Aye, but a contract is a contract."

Tolmara:           Xavick:  "E'er the practical one, an' look what ye gone and dun us

now."

Lunauc:            ::turns away back to the bar, crossing his arms in annoyance::

Baltak2:            "I do my best with these kids Xavick"::shrugs::

Tolmara:           Tarth:  "Aye, but if it weren't fer them, we'd be slaves tae some

hill giant."

AlexPetrovich99:           "As a man of my people I demand you eat those words or we

shall settle this outside"

RSwiftblade:     "Now Mortimer, you need to be as quiet as a mouse and listen,

that is how you will learn from master Arinth"

AlexPetrovich99:           :ignoring the others:

Tolmara:           Tarth:  "So, I suggest we keep them fer as long as they'll have

us."

Baltak2:            "Fine i'll be the dummy's champion... want to cross me Je'rar?"

WyldElfRanger:             ::smirks as he listens to conversations and remains outside

of them::

AlexPetrovich99:           "Do you know what it was like to be out with my people and

my family, to come across those filthy things..

Lunauc:            ::Looking to Reiner, then to Jer'ar, groans:: "Fine... I'm sorry."

AlexPetrovich99:           watching my fellow warriors getting butchered , my own

father, a warrior of warriors

Baltak2:            "But this fool knows nothing of that... now control yerself ye

fool"

Tolmara:           Gan:  "No fighting in the Shadowrest, folks.  Take it outside if

you need to settle yer scores."

AlexPetrovich99:           .."

Baltak2:            "He's apologized Je'rar..let it go"

RSwiftblade:     "As a priest of the War Father, I command you Je'rar to calm

down!"

NeoGameBrain:            "Don't worry yourself, Xavick.  Excluding Lythar, I don't

think any of has had a good night.  They're just cranky 'tis all."

OnlineHost:       RSwiftblade rolled 1 20-sided die:  11

RSwiftblade:     (14)

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "Wh...wha....what I don't understand is why she sacrificed

herself."

NeoGameBrain:            "Mortimer, a word in your ear, please."

AlexPetrovich99:           "I'm calm alright.. calm enough to see hill giant spitted

att he end of my blade"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::smiles::

Lunauc:            ::Sitting with his head down, still not understanding what the

others had against the hill giant. looks to arinth:: "Hm?"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "Th...th...the f--f--first rule of wizardry is never to

die.  Dead wizards don't get another ch...chance."

Baltak2:            "That's a rule for warriors as well ye should know"

RSwiftblade:     brb

NeoGameBrain:            ::to Drenla::  "Believe me, Drenla.  She was beyond our rules.

There was no other way other than to create a portal."

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "B...b..but th...there had to be another way.

Sh...sh..she was clearly a master."

NeoGameBrain:            ::takes his apprentice aside and twists his ear, hard::  "Rule

number 1:  Mages don't pick fights.  Not if they want to live."

AlexPetrovich99:           "Masters.. hah in the end o nly the gods are the masters,

and we're just the victims of their cruel jokes"

Tolmara:           Drenla:  "I...I...I've never s--s-ssseen someone die."  He buries

his head in his hands and weeps quietly.

AlexPetrovich99:           "Drenla!"

AlexPetrovich99:           ::more softly:

Lunauc:            "Ow, ow, ow.." :: pulls free, whispers back: "He started it! they

shouldn't talk that way about him."

AlexPetrovich99:           "Get over it man.. "

Baltak2:            "let it go we have work to do"

AlexPetrovich99:           "And Giant-kin to slay"

AlexPetrovich99:           "in between, let us hunt some orc"

AlexPetrovich99:           :a grim smile:

Tolmara:           Xavick:  "Aye, we all have work tae do.  Our one big happy family.

Myself, Shagath and Tarth hope tae make it tae Tolmara in one piece.  Try not

to have us killed with yer giants and magic, eh?"

Tolmara:           (ok and on that note, log is closed)

 


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms