|Domains Unique to Andurin
Note [7/07]: There are other domains not listed here which are unique to Andurin, namely, Birds, Moon, Negation and Warding. At some point in the near future, I'll get around to detailing them. In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me. --Taliesin
Note [7/07]: Additional domains not listed above are in the process of being assigned. The Ancestor and Spirit domains are a central part of the function of the Celestial Pagoda, as the gods of Nippon and the Jade Isles are sometimes called. These will be written up in the near future.
This is the typical domain of the Dagdha (with his mighty cauldron). At low level it brings about food, and then at higher levels whole feasts, and eventually life.
Granted Power: When resting, you heal 2 hp per character level per day of light activity and 3 hp per level per day of complete rest, instead of the usual 1 hp per level per day. This can be further boosted by the Heal skill to 3 hp per level per day of light activity and 4 hp per level per day of complete rest.
Abundance Domain Spells
1. Goodberry: 2d4 berries each cure 1hp (max 8hp/24 hrs).
2. Create Food and Water. Feeds three humans (or one horse) / level.
3. Plant Growth. Grows vegetation, improves crops.
4. Minor Creation. Creates one wood or cloth object.
5. Major Creation: As minor creation, plus stone or metal.
6. Heroes’ Feast. Food for one creature/level cures and blesses.
7. Regenerate. Subject’s severed limbs grow back.
8. Mordenkainen’s Magnificent Mansion: Door leads to
9. Clone: Duplicate awakens when original dies.
Unlike the Death domain which is related to black necromancy, Burial is related to keeping the dead at rest, protecting cemeteries, and combating undead.
This is the main domain of Arawn.
Granted Power: You gain the Extra-Turning feat for free.
Burial Domain Spells
1. Detect Undead. Reveals undead within 60 ft.
2. Gentle Repose. Preserves one corpse.
3. Speak with Dead. Corpse answers one question per two levels.
4. Halt Undead. Immobilizes undead for 1 round/level.
5. Summon Monster V. Calls outsider to fight for you. (This outsider is a white red-eared hound of Arawn: use statistics of a yeth-hound.)
6. Guards and Wards. Array of magic effects protect area.
7. Control Undead. Undead don’t attack you while under your command.
8. Antipathy. Object or location affected by spell repels certain creatures. (Restricted to undead only.)
9. Soul Bind. Traps newly dead soul to prevent resurrection.
The Craft domain is related to the manufacturing of items. A favorite of Lugh (who can do everything), and Brighit.
Granted Power: Appraise is a class skill, and you get a +2 skill bonus to all your Appraise checks.
Craft Domain Spells
1. Make Whole. Repairs an object.
2. Wood Shape. Rearranges wooden objects to suit you.
3. Stone Shape. Sculpts stone into any form.
4. Minor Creation. Creates one cloth or wood object.
5. Fabricate. Transforms raw materials into finished item.
6. Major Creation. As minor creation, plus stone and metal.
7. Analyze Dweomer. Reveals magical aspects of subject.
8. Polymorph Any Object. Changes any subject into anything else.
9. Wish. Alters reality within spell limits. (But restricted to "Create a valuable item…" only. DM's discretion as to whether there will be a "twist" or not.)
The flow domain is related to water, but as the streams of rivers and waves of the sea, rather than the element water. It is a favorite of Brighit and Manannan Mac Lir.
Granted Power: Rebuke or command aquatic creatures as an evil cleric rebukes or commands undead. Use this ability a total number of times per day equal to 3+ your Charisma modifier.
Flow Domain Spells
1. Bless Water. Makes holy water.
2. Water Walk. Subject treads on water as if solid.
3. Water Breathing. Subjects can breathe underwater.
4. Freedom of Movement. Subject moves normally despite impediments.
5. Polymorph Self. You assume a new form (aquatic creatures only).
6. Control Water. Raises, lowers, or parts bodies of water.
7. Animal Shapes. One ally/level polymorphs into chosen animal (aquatic animals only).
8. Horrid Wilting. Deals 1d8 damage/level within 30 ft.
9. Shapechange. Transforms you into any creature, and change form once per round (aquatic creatures only).
The power to sway the acts and decisions of others through persuasiveness rather than by force. The favorite domain of Oghma.
Granted Power: Bluff is a class skill, and you get a +2 skill bonus to all your Bluff checks.
Influence Domain Spells
1. Charm Person. Makes one person your friend.
2. Enthrall. Captivates all within 100 ft. + 10 ft./level.
3. Suggestion. Compels subject to follow stated course of action.
4. Emotion. Arouses strong emotion in subject.
5. Charm Monster. Makes monster believe it is your ally.
6. Mass Suggestion. As suggestion, plus one/level subjects.
7. Dominate Person. Controls humanoid telepathically.
8. Mass Charm. As charm monster, but all within 30 ft.
9. Dominate Monster. As dominate person, but any creature.
All rulers on Arator rely on druids, filidh and bards for their advice as much as for their magicka. This domain is one for those counseling druids.
Granted Power: You cast divination spells at +1 caster level.
Lore Domain Spells
1. Identify. Determines single feature of magic item.
2. Locate Object. Senses direction toward object (specific or type).
3. Tongues. Speak any language.
4. Scrying. Spies on subject from a distance.
5. Commune. Deity answers one yes-or-no question/level.
6. Greater Scrying. As scrying, but faster and longer.
7. Vision. As legend lore, but quicker and strenuous.
8. Discern Location. Exact location of creature or object.
9. Foresight. “Sixth sense” warns of impending danger.
The working of metal (blacksmithing, etc.) is of prime importance to the Arash. In fact they have a highly evolved metallurgy, and their smiths are especially valued and honored.
Hence this domain, the favorite one of Goibhniu.
Granted Power: Three times per day you can strike an object of metal and ignore its hardness or damage reduction value. This can be against a steel spear, an iron golem, an iron door, etc.
Metallurgy Domain Spells
1. Make whole. Repairs an object (but limited to metal items only).
2. Heat Metal. Hot metal damages those who touch it.
3. Keen Edge. Doubles normal weapon’s threat range.
4. Rusting Grasp. Your touch corrodes iron and alloys.
5. Wall of Iron. 30 hp/four levels; can topple onto foes.
6. Blade Barrier. Blades encircling you deal 1d6 damage/level.
7. Metal shape. (Identical to Stone-shape spell, but with metal items): Rearranges metal objects to suit you.
8. Repel Metal or Stone. Pushes away metal and stone.
9. Iron Body. Your body becomes living iron.
The changing of shape, either as disguise trick, a curse on others, or even a symbol of reincarnation, is an archetype of Arashan lore and mythology. Math-Mathonwy for instance is a great user of polymorph magic; the Morrigann continuously changes her form to deceive others; and the druid Mogh Ruith turned many of his foes to stone.
On the other hand, several heroes were transformed into apples or grains of wheat, and then, after having been eaten by some woman were reborn from her.
Granted Power: Disguise is a class skill, and you gets a +2 skill bonus to all your Disguise checks.
Mutation Domain Spells
1. Change self. Changes your appearance.
2. Alter self. As change self, plus more drastic changes.
3. Gaseous form. Subject becomes insubstantial and can fly slowly.
4. Reincarnation. Brings dead subject back in a random body.
5. Polymorph self. You assume a new form.
6. Polymorph others. Gives one subject a new form.
7. Flesh to stone. Turns subject into statue.
8. Polymorph any object. Changes any subject into anything else.
9. Shapechange. Transforms you into any creature, and change form once per round.
An archetype of Arashan mythology: the ability of bards to destroy one’s reputation with their satirical magical verses. The favorite domain of Cairbre.
Granted Power: Perform is a class skill, and you gets a +2 skill bonus to all your Perform checks.
Satire Domain Spells
1. Honoring the Host. Subject praised or shamed, influencing reactions of witnesses accordingly.
2. Irritating Sniveler. Subject appears to be continuously sniveling.
3. Curse of the Suspicious Mind. Renders subject completely paranoid for 1 hour per level.
4. Deceptive Object. Subject believes that an item is something else that it really is.
5. False Success of the Fool. Subject believes that he completed the task at hand despite being not the case.
6. Glam Dicinn. Subject’s appearance and reputation changed forever for the worst.
7. Blind Love. Subject falls in love with any creature that you want him to.
8. Grotesque Polymorph. Subjects get ugly deformities, resulting in impediments and aversion.
9. Unveil the Truth. Subject’s true identity, personality, and deeds are revealed to witnesses.